OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again the recruiting argument is stupid because I’m pretty sure Jamabo was ranked higher than RJ3 coming out of the same league. Texas and UCLA didn’t even want Ronald.

And Deontay was a 3 star blue shirt.

Darnold was ranked below Rosen too. UCLAs defense is full of players that would start on USC. Caleb Wilson, Rosen’s best target WAS getting run at USC and would be starting today. Theo Howard would be the #4 or 5 guy on our depth chart.

Have SC’s players developed better? Yes. But to say UCLA is MUCH less talented is arguing the results. All you’re doing is pointing out that UCLA’s coaching is garbage. They’ve had the averaged 15th best class over the past 4 years and haven’t beaten a ranked team in how many years?

And arguing Rosen is better than Darnold today is asinine. Rosen loses and Darnold doesn’t against even better competition. Say what you will but with absolutely stacked teams with players like Myles Jack, Rosen still manages to lose games he shouldn’t.

Anyways you still haven’t told me what you’ve seen from Rosen that tells you he’s better than Darnold’s right now. Sam’s rose bowl tape alone >>> Rosen’s entire career so far.

:lol: Jack played three games that year.

Flooding the thread with fake news :smh:

Rosen mechanics are a lot cleaner than Darnold's. I'd worry about Darnold being a TO machine at the next level based on his throwing motion alone.

I'm not crazy about either one tbh. If was the GM of a QB needy team I'd probably trade down and pick up Lamar later in the round.

The NCSU game? Yeah, I watched all of the offensive plays yesterday. Once I find the condensed version I'll watch the whole thing.

Chubb, the player who spit on the logo, was quietly taking cheap shots at people all game.

So, Rashan Garys mom posts on the Michigan Rivals board and it is so much fun to see her after each game... Why??? Some moron will always say "Rashan needs to do more" " Did Rashan even play yesterday" and she comes in firing... Also, she doesnt catch on when guys are clearly being sarcastic... Have to love mom defending her son to an extremely arrogant fan base... He doesnt have great stats but has been getting a lot of attention and is doing so much at SDE

Chubb, the player who spit on the logo, was quietly taking cheap shots at people all game.

Not surprised. They really wanted this game and were going to do whatever needed to get it.

He's damn good though. Not sure why they kept trying to option him even when it wasn't working but who knows.

Saw some FSU guys (read: internet fans) mad that he spit on the logo, but if you don't let them win then it wouldn't have happened *shrugs*

casper90403 casper90403 SC recruiting insider on Cal game:

Dan said this team was "different" during the offseason. After the first game against Western Michigan he was criticized for crying wolf. "You fooled us against Dan..." Yet, USC is 4-0 this season after starting 1-3 last season. Listen, there are three things to consider here. Cal blitzed almost as much as Texas did. They knew USC did not have its No. 1 tight end nor its No. 1 running back for the game. For the most part, many of their blitzes left the tight end open or in one-on-one coverage. Cal was scheming tendency and personnel. Stephen Carr is a tremendous talent, but he's also a freshman and there is a lot he hasn't seen in terms of blitz packages. Justin Wilcox knows USC's offense well. He knows their personnel and he knows their scheme. You could say the opposite is also true, but an offense knowing a defense does not translate to the same extent. Anticipation always works to the speed of the defense. Cal is mediocre, but the Golden Bears had their advantages. USC is a team that almost needs a loss. The players and fan base are pressing too much.

Watch out for Wazzu

I don't even really care about the bet. I just wanted to prove a point. The only reason MSU was ranked so high and so hyped was because they beat a bad LSU team last week. Our defense is elite and getting Malcolm Parrish (our top corner) back from injury only improves things. Our offense looked good, I was skeptical of Jake Fromm hype from Spring but I'm beginning to see it. His 3 incompletions were 2 drops and a throw away. It'll be interesting to see how he responds to his first SEC road game next week @ Tennessee.

Under Mark Richt, this is the game that UGA loses (referring to next week's game against Tennessee), once UGA has expectations and the media gets behind them, they always started playing poorly. Mark Richt was a great coach (and an ever better person) for us but he was fired for 2 major reasons IMO:

1. We always laid an egg against a clearly inferior team (Kentucky, Vandy, etc.) every year
2. We looked unprepared in big games. I know we can't expect to win every game, there are teams that are just better and more talented than us, but sometimes we looked lost in big games against Bama, Florida, LSU.

What bet??? Not sure they were "so hyped". State was just ranked because they beat a ranked team pretty good the week before. I think they're much better than they played on Saturday though. GA is looking good. I never have much faith in TN and with FL's offense looking so bad, the East is GA's for the taking. Hope State bounces back vs Auburn. LSU then at GA then at Auburn is pretty rough stretch. Before the LSU game I said stage would win 2 of them.

Edit: oh the sig bet...don't remember agreeing to that. last thing I remember saying on that was that sigs must only be viewable on desktop.

USC opened at -6 and immediately went to -4.5.

Really expecting a loss here, to be honest. Guys need to get healthy.

How's Wazzu's o-line?

DKgVS-4UEAE9REQ.jpg

MSU/Michigan on October 7th is officially a night game. Will be the first night game in the 110 times the schools have played.

It could be played at mid night, it would still be an easy game for Michigan

l0fb.gif

Really wasn't making that post to infer that the start time of the game could have some type of major impact on the outcome. Just think it's cool they'll finally be playing at night. Thanks for your input though.

What bet??? Not sure they were "so hyped". State was just ranked because they beat a ranked team pretty good the week before. I think they're much better than they played on Saturday though. GA is looking good. I never have much faith in TN and with FL's offense looking so bad, the East is GA's for the taking. Hope State bounces back vs Auburn. LSU then at GA then at Auburn is pretty rough stretch. Before the LSU game I said stage would win 2 of them.

Edit: oh the sig bet...don't remember agreeing to that. last thing I remember saying on that was that sigs must only be viewable on desktop.

You didn't hype MSU but many of the major outlets had them as their hot pick for the week and had them as the 2nd best team in the SEC. I saw through it. They're improved but they're likely still going 8-4. Their schedule is brutal. They still have Bama, LSU, TA&M and Auburn left

It sucks because by all practice reports and word of the players, Angeline is completely uncoverable in the passing game and was going to be a weapon some day. The thing is those same reports mentioned that he wasn't seeing the field because he's a revolving door when it comes to blocking and a total liability in that aspect.

KJ Costello is the goods, I still can't believe David Shaw actually thinks they are going to start Keller if he is healthy. Dude is a bottom two QB in the PAC 12. KJ has the upside to be a top three, let the kid play especially with Mills there for the next 4 years.

Costello is a very good qb. Funny to see him walk with some swagger. Not your typical Stanford qb, from what I can see

l0fb.gif

Really wasn't making that post to infer that the start time of the game could have some type of major impact on the outcome. Just think it's cool they'll finally be playing at night. Thanks for your input though.

This will be the game where Gary, Bush, or Hudson get a bogus targeting call.

Back
Top Bottom