OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm rooting for Ed O but I don't see next season being much different either to cool down that seat. As inept as the O is, it's going to have to be rebuilt next season without their two leading rushers, and two leading receivers, and on D 5 out of the front 7 are going to be gone, and Donte Jackson in the backend will probably bolt.

Miami FSU line moved 4.5 points in Miami's favor in the first 30 minutes. :lol: FSU opened up as the favorite. 3.5 point dogs now.

After watching re-airs of the games this weekend:

1. USC’s defense did enough to win that game, they just got gassed at the end and the offense just didn’t help them out at all. I don’t blame them or Clancy for this loss. The offensive playcalling was putrid. I don’t know what’s up with Tee and Tyson, but MVP MVP could have called a better game and he’s trash at NCAA video games.

2. Penn state is literally USC east. They’re undefeated right now but it’s fools gold. They look very bad in comparison to what they were expected to and should be. Saquon is just hiding all of that.

3. Does UCLA win a single game after Rosen bolts?

4. Washington’s schedule is trash and they’re going to get stomped by someone and it’ll be a “shock” to everybody.

5. Tennessee and LSU need to fire their coaches today.

6. Alabama is far and beyond the best team in the country and their young guys are getting so many snaps that they will be for years.

I don't know that you have a variety of offensive options/plays to call when you can't block anyone and you're WR core isn't very versatile

I don't know that you have a variety of offensive options/plays to call when you can't block anyone and you're WR core isn't very versatile

This is true but running an inside zone run play on 3rd and 13 with the defense blitzing up the middle?

Targeting freshman tight ends thatbhavent caught a single college pass in crucial situations?

Tee and Tyson have been bad.

Your NFL bound QB should have the ability to audible out of that play if the defense declared that blitz early enough (and again, with the OL youth/inexperience I am not sure what they truly had the ability to run w/ any confidence). In a vacuum I can't say whether the play is good or bad, it depends on the situation. Where were you at on the field? They probably thought they could pop a run (thinking that Wazzu may be playing pass + the fact that catching a team in a blitz w/ a run can lead to a big play) or at least ensure that if it was a negative play then it wouldn't be but so bad. Don't mess up, punt and live to play another series w/o giving the opposing team great field position.

Playcalls/playcalling in general can be a tricky thing sometimes. They all make mistakes as there's no one out there who is perfect. A lot of times the best thing is to try and see their reasoning or what they were thinking in making the playcall. Sometimes the thought process makes sense but the play just didn't work. Or it worked but the thought process is a headscratcher. Or it was a give up play, who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Tee has been 80% good and 20% bad. The bad has been BAD. A little too cocky with the play calling, not respecting the defense its up against.

Michigan guys how do you feel about O'Korn taking over if Speight is done?

Feel horrible for the kid, I hope he has a speedy recovery

I doubt Speight is done but he might be back

Hearing 8 weeks for Speight then they will determine if he needs surgery so he is done for the year... No clue what to think of JOK... He is much more decisive with the ball in the small sample size... Throws with more velocity... The quick passes are his bread and butter and can move a little more... But, when the game gets tight what will happen??? He is going to face a ton of blitzes this weekend vs Sparty... WRs need to help him out but Gentry and McKeon at TE will be targeted a TON... OL needs to get it together or else NO QB will be effective... RBs need to hang onto the ball as well... Defense will keep them in every game but can JOK make plays to seal a win like Speight could not do last year

Cleveland out for LSU w/ high ankle sprain. More Toney and Davis please Mac.

nako xl nako xl how dare you take shots at my NCAA Football game prowess. You lucky I don't have my Xbox anymore.

WcSS4IR.jpg

- LSU RT Toby Weathersby

To quote a Redditor: it took Orgeron 5 games to lose control of the fan base and his players.

who didnt see this coming? he is not the type of coach you want running the team. LSU really didnt want to look for better options?
After watching re-airs of the games this weekend:

2. Penn state is literally USC east. They’re undefeated right now but it’s fools gold. They look very bad in comparison to what they were expected to and should be. Saquon is just hiding all of that.

3. Does UCLA win a single game after Rosen bolts?

1. whats wrong with penn state?

2. ucla has the talent now get rid of the coaching

In the three games I’ve seen of Penn State this year it just feels like theirnoffense isn’t clicking the same way it was last year. They’re scoring but everything feels harder and less smooth, the same as USC, when they should have pulled away and beat team like pitt more convincingly. Watching them struggle with Iowa, I wonder what happens when they play a legit team like Michigan, Ohio state, or even a sneaky ok team like Maryland, NW, or MSU?

The best team they've played so far they won on a last second TD

Ohio State got embarrassed by the best team they've played so far :lol:

I do think if OSU/Mich can shut down (or at least limit) Barkley they will both win

That has to be Targeting, right ... lol. Pretty crappy on the player's part in all seriousness. In this day in age, who thinks they're getting away with that with cameras rolling and cell phones, too ...
did he lead with the head though? Looks like he didn't. Was he a defenseless player? Hmmm, tough call. Looks like he pointed at the players and mocked him, so he wasn't defenseless.

After further review, I go with unnecessary roughness for 15 yard penalty. Nothing else.

Argument has been made that rushing the field is illegal and endangers players. Fan had no place on the field.

Not really my opinion just playing devil’s advocate.

The best team they've played so far they won on a last second TD

Ohio State got embarrassed by the best team they've played so far :lol:

I do think if OSU/Mich can shut down (or at least limit) Barkley they will both win

it’s either give it to barkley or throw a 50/50 ball to *insert receiver here*.

worked last year.

did he lead with the head though? Looks like he didn't. Was he a defenseless player? Hmmm, tough call. Looks like he pointed at the players and mocked him, so he wasn't defenseless.

After further review, I go with unnecessary roughness for 15 yard penalty. Nothing else.

By rule, doesn't need to necessarily lead with the helmet (see bold face/underlined). Auto eject for entire next game lol:

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

Launch — a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area

A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground

Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

In all seriousness, not a fan of what targeting has turned into in spite of its intent.

And BTW, when is Butch Jones getting fired? I'm surprised they haven't pulled the cord and had a midseason firing yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom