OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been toying with the idea of breaking down a random game (don't know that i'll do .gofs and all that) & doing a write up on it.

Any thoughts on which game to do?

(a game this weekend)

What is this referring to? Breakdown how?

Sorry. :/

Awesome: UAB football team will have names of patients from a nearby children’s hospital on their backs for this week’s game
DLZVoYMVYAAgTeO.jpg

Been toying with the idea of breaking down a random game (don't know that i'll do .gofs and all that) & doing a write up on it.

Any thoughts on which game to do?

(a game this weekend)

You going to post it in here? Or is this for a board or something?

FSU-Miami since you know the schemes and personnel.

What is this referring to? Breakdown how?

Sorry. :/

Watching a game multiple times, figuring out why plays failed/succeeded, trying to see what they wanted to accomplish (overall), gameplan stuff, etc

You going to post it in here? Or is this for a board or something?

FSU-Miami since you know the schemes and personnel.

posting it in here. Just a personal thing i've been thinking about doing, nothing for a site or anything

Ah...That'd be cool if you did that. FSU/Miami is an obvious choice, but I'd rather a breakdown of MSU/Michigan. Dantonio and Harbaugh are great, especially the latter, so it would be a more intriguing breakdown, in my opinion.

Watching a game multiple times, figuring out why plays failed/succeeded, trying to see what they wanted to accomplish (overall), gameplan stuff, etc

posting it in here. Just a personal thing i've been thinking about doing, nothing for a site or anything

Dope :pimp:

I was about to say, if it was for SBN or 247 or something make sure they are paying you dude :lol:

Will a conference like the B1G or SEC ever make All-22 available to fans? I'd assume the same market that is interested in the NFL stuff, would be interested in this as well.

They could pair with a service or something that gives you access to a whole conferences library of televised games.

Huge commitment for the Dawgs. He's gonna get the ball rolling for us recruiting wise. He'll start recruiting for us and getting some other 5 stars for UGA. This kid has Cam Newton type potential. 6 ft 3, 220 in HS, one of the best QB prospects to come out in years. He'll be 240 lbs by the time he starts playing at UGA, a rare blend of size, arm strength, and smarts (3.9 GPA, Harvard offered him). My brother lives near Harrison HS and he's says he's the real deal.

I think that Eason will get his starting job back, Fromm will be the back-up and next season we'll use Fields in short yardage, wildcat packages like Florida used Tebow his freshman year. I could also see Eason transferring. The fanbase has turned on him quickly, its actually pretty sad. He's gotten a raw deal, for sure. Exciting times in Athens though, Kirby's got the program buzzing.

Huge commitment for the Dawgs. He's gonna get the ball rolling for us recruiting wise. He'll start recruiting for us and getting some other 5 stars for UGA. This kid has Cam Newton type potential. 6 ft 3, 220 in HS, one of the best QB prospects to come out in years. He'll be 240 lbs by the time he starts playing at UGA, a rare blend of size, arm strength, and smarts (3.9 GPA, Harvard offered him). My brother lives near Harrison HS and he's says he's the real deal.

I think that Eason will get his starting job back, Fromm will be the back-up and next season we'll use Fields in short yardage, wildcat packages like Florida used Tebow his freshman year. I could also see Eason transferring. The fanbase has turned on him quickly, its actually pretty sad. He's gotten a raw deal, for sure. Exciting times in Athens though, Kirby's got the program buzzing.

It was a huge get, and every college in America would probably love to have him. In fact, I'm envious and UGA is on the upswing. But know what's kinda mind blowing? That on 247's top 84 QB list (don't ask me why it didn't go to 100 when I filtered) coming out of HS since 2000, I only recognized 7 names that have won a national championship. And one of them wasn't even under center for the NCG or even a QB anymore for that matter. Mind you, the list doesn't include recent guys like Fields or Trevor Lawerence on there either. Additionally, there is still opportunity for guys currently playing CFB to win a title, but considering their current situations, I find their chances to be highly unlikely, if non-existent. Of course a guy like Joe Mauer that never even enrolled in college, could never win a ring since he opted for MLB.

Pretty crazy when you think about it. We're talking roughly 7% of those guys took them to the promise land some. That said, some were still great college QBs and were drafted high, while there were also several busts on the list, guys that transferred, and others that had to switch positions to have a career in the NFL. In any case, the names I knew for sure that got a ring were (I could have missed a name to add to the below list, too, so there's that as well):

Vince Young
Tim Tebow
Jameis Winston
Chris Leak
Matt Leinart
Deshaun Watson
Braxton Miller (injured that season, then moved to WR)

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-F...?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&PositionGroup=QB

Last edited:
Ah...That'd be cool if you did that. FSU/Miami is an obvious choice, but I'd rather a breakdown of MSU/Michigan. Dantonio and Harbaugh are great, especially the latter, so it would be a more intriguing breakdown, in my opinion.

MSU/Mich would be great since it will only be like 100 plays combined :lol:

Plus I haven't watched too much of either this yr so I won't have any preconceived notions of either of them.

Neither Sparty or Michigan have what I would consider a good OL so it will be a tough watch... Going to be windy and there is a big storm that will probably hit around the beginning of the 4th qtr... I am re watching the 16 MSU/UofM game and Speight was not bad at all that game and made some really nice throws... His arm is a fraction of what it was (which wasn't great to start with) since the Iowa injury and his confidence and play making ability isn't close... Absolutely shocking that he was so terrible his last 7 games... Maybe his success was tied directly to Fisch but his injury really set him back

I hate seeing Dantonio on the opposite side of the field as a Michigan team... His hate for all things UofM is infectious with his team and they always play their best game of the year that week... Cannot see Michigan covering the 10point spread.

Neither Sparty or Michigan have what I would consider a good OL so it will be a tough watch... Going to be windy and there is a big storm that will probably hit around the beginning of the 4th qtr... I am re watching the 16 MSU/UofM game and Speight was not bad at all that game and made some really nice throws... His arm is a fraction of what it was (which wasn't great to start with) since the Iowa injury and his confidence and play making ability isn't close... Absolutely shocking that he was so terrible his last 7 games... Maybe his success was tied directly to Fisch but his injury really set him back

I hate seeing Dantonio on the opposite side of the field as a Michigan team... His hate for all things UofM is infectious with his team and they always play their best game of the year that week... Cannot see Michigan covering the 10point spread.

It's ok, Dre has experience looking at dumpster fire OLs, so he'll be skraight with the analysis.

Back
Top Bottom