OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Khalil Tate sets the QB rushing record for 327 yds and 4TDs against Colorado :pimp:
holy ****, just looked at the box score in that game and he and Lindsay had a field day. Tate got the starting job back? 11/12 passing too? What a game he had. I root for all kids out of the Serra program.

holy ****, just looked at the box score in that game and he and Lindsay had a field day. Tate got the starting job back? 11/12 passing too? What a game he had. I root for all kids out of the Serra program.

I don't see a way back for Dawkins after that performance from Khalil. Program and Rich Rod were in need of a spark and Tate just became the golden child

Was a good game, defense was optional for both teams though. I remember your defense being better last year

Yeah, the buffs defense is not that great this year. Last year we had lockdown secondary, so they didn't have to worry too much about pass defense. Now those guys are in the NFL & Leavitt went to Oregon. The buffs are down this year, which was expected.

"They had great assistant coaches. But Jim didn't know what he was doing. Jim had no idea. Jim's throwing slants into cover-2 safeties, getting people hurt. That guy knew nothing, man."

Brandon Jacobs looked like a salty dude in March with these comments... Dude was right... Jim is not a good in game coach.

Gus Johnson:

“You’ve got BBQ back there, and didn’t invite me!?!?! ... HURT. MY. FEELINGS!!!!”

Might be the greatest and most appropriate usage of a in game phrase I’ve ever heard

ESPN's beef with CP is so petty
mjlol.png

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Week 7 AP Top 25 Poll

1. Alabama (43)

2. Clemson (18 )

3. Penn State

4. Georgia

5. Washington

6. TCU

7. Wisconsin

8. Washington State

9. Ohio State

10. Auburn

11. Miami

12. Oklahoma

13. USC

14. Oklahoma State

15. Virginia Tech

16. Notre Dame

17. Michigan

18. USF

19. San Diego State

20. NC State

21. Michigan State

22. UCF

23. Stanford

24. Texas Tech

25. Navy

"Nothing special," Oregon State cornerback Kyle White said in his assessment of Darnold postgame, according to Chris Trevino of 247 Sports. "He's a normal Pac-12 quarterback. I didn't see anything special. He made his throws, made his reads. He fumbled twice. He had one picked off, should've been three. He's OK. A lot of the plays he made is because we shot ourselves in the foot."

SHADEEEEE

At what point do people start talking about how Harbaugh’s tenure in Michigan has been a disappointment thus far?

At what point do people start talking about how Harbaugh’s tenure in Michigan has been a disappointment thus far?

I mean they absolutely sucked before him so he's improved there but as far as any big wins ehhhh

And I haven't heard about that yet, I'll check some other boards

Year 1 they were ahead of schedule. Bowl eligibility was considered a successful year before that season by a lot of pundits. The development of the O is a disappointment, but overall I still think they are on track for what most reasonable observers expected out of his tenure. Winning a NC in year 5 or 6, and going back to the NFL.

They have a championship caliber D and he deserves credit for bringing in Brown and building that, but the O's woes are on him and Drevno. It's year 3, they should at the very least have a average P5 OL regardless of what they inherited.

Probably around now because people are stupid.

OL is regressing as is the offense as a whole... New staff members will do that but defense didn't drop off at all... His recruits are only sophomores right now so there is still a lot of football left for those cats but the offensive philosophy is nonexistent... Having a run game(Frey) and pass game(Pep) and an OC (Drevno) is a recipe for a disaster and the fans are seeing it week in and week out... His in-game adjustments are poor and his game management is possibly worse... He hasn't really won a big game on the road and seems to lose the close games against quality teams... A win vs Wiscy last year may be the only one to hang his hat on..Team has another week to pull it together because IU is going to get points

The collaborative game plans is **** he was doing back in Stanford and SF. Each dude is responsible for a component and Drev calls the play, with Harbs having the finally say.

PC is not Drev's strong suit it and the double duties have been hurting the OL development it seems. It's similar to the Warriner at OSU, and Joe Wickline situations at Texas. Some guys are just not good at calling plays and the OL is a position that requires a lot of hands on development.

The problem is the hiring of Frey this season too. You see a lot of his influence in the running game and it's not working, which is not surprising. They could barley do the gap **** last year, and now they are trying to be a zone team with a bunch of young guys.

Outside of OSU, this team can still beat everyone left on the schedule. I'd dump the zone **** and go back to the bread and butter gap **** they have been doing for the two years prior.

I'd probably look at playing Ruiz or Runyan and moving Bredoson to OT as well.

Outside of OSU, this team can still beat everyone left on the schedule. I'd dump the zone **** and go back to the bread and butter gap **** they have been doing for the two years prior.

I'd probably look at playing Ruiz or Runyan and moving Bredoson to OT as well.

They could potentially lose 4 more games too... Minnesota is going to play with a huge chip on their shoulder too... Jim has to get this figured out in a hurry... Baumgardner from the Freep should have some funs questions for Jim tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom