OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Admins don’t drop bags bruh :lol:

So you want the admin to force Clay to fire one of the coordinators?

Franklin unlike Al Golden, and Les fired his best friend who was the OC to bring in Moorehead to turn things around.

I don't have my pitchforks out to fire Helton right now. I'm kind of indifferent to it. I still don't know what his role is as a head coach, but i do know we wouldn't be in the current situation if the injuries didn't occur. I'd give him one more year, unless someone sexy pops up. With Del Rio maybe on the hot seat, i'd hate to end up with him.

who do you want Helton to fire? Assuming Clancy? I think Clancy resigns at the end of the season, before whatever bowl game we play. Back to the NFL for him. He;s not a college guy

Admins don’t drop bags bruh :lol:

So you want the admin to force Clay to fire one of the coordinators?

Franklin unlike Al Golden, and Les fired his best friend who was the OC to bring in Moorehead to turn things around.

Franklin needs to talk to Jimbo. Love Charles Kelly as a man, but ... boy we’re a damn train wreck and have looked like fools several times since the Oregon game in the Rose Bowl. CK certainly isn’t the only one that needs to go, as there some other coaches that should be shown the door, too.

In any case, I’m sure it’s hard giving your buddy you’ve know for probably 2 decades his pink slip. All-in-all, this season has been painful to watch, especially with all that talent. We could easily be sitting here winless, conversely we could have 2 more Ws in the column, too. But the reality is we’re 2-4 ...

2 of those UT losses include Ls to garbage South Carolina and Florida teams, one who Michigan blew out at the beginning of the year. Context is everything.

I didn't check to see if it's true, but I read the best win the Big 10 has had is Iowa's win over Iowa State. That'll change Saturday, but just sounds funny.

I don't have my pitchforks out to fire Helton right now. I'm kind of indifferent to it. I still don't know what his role is as a head coach, but i do know we wouldn't be in the current situation if the injuries didn't occur. I'd give him one more year, unless someone sexy pops up. With Del Rio maybe on the hot seat, i'd hate to end up with him.

who do you want Helton to fire? Assuming Clancy? I think Clancy resigns at the end of the season, before whatever bowl game we play. Back to the NFL for him. He;s not a college guy

I want him to smack John Baxter for how he treated Cary Angeline and to fire Ronnie Bradford.

I also want him to figure out what’s going on with the offense and to start going 1s vs 1s in practice.

I don’t think Clancy is the problem but he needs to rotate more on defense and stop bullying Jamel Cook.

2 of those UT losses include Ls to garbage South Carolina and Florida teams, one who Michigan blew out at the beginning of the year. Context is everything.

Yeah that stat and the Brady Hoke comparisons are cherry picked like a mother

If Harbaugh was available tomorrow for UT to hire, they'd probably be on JH like a bum on a bologna sandwich lol

i don't think Darnold is leaving. Kind of felt he was the type to stay another year. If he does, wow, next years O gonna be silly.

No way in hell Chip goes to USC. I feel strongly that Chip is done with college and if we see him again its NFL

No way in hell Chip goes to USC. I feel strongly that Chip is done with college and if we see him again its NFL

No one is going to hire him again anytime soon. He couldn't even get an OC job this past off season.

He'll be on someones sideline next season in CFB.

Someone will hire Chip but he’s pretty toxic right now in the eyes of both college and nfl execs.

Harbaugh slander is dumb. He got a young team and two years in his recruiting class, 2015 class don't count at all. And Paul just hates harbaugh because harbaugh strike back at him and harbaugh ain't no punk at all.

The Willie Lyles **** is not going to keep him out of a job :lol:

Not talking the Will Lyles stuff although that was a red flag for some schools that are still under the eye of the NCAA. I know I got **** for "fake news"ing it when I said this about Harbaugh but a lot of the same is going on in the Pac12 with Kelly. USC's boosters and former players were pretty vocal against hiring him and dudes who used to play for him at Oregon and in Philly haven't exactly been singing his praises. (Yes, I know, all coaches have their detractors.)

The only people really clamoring for SC to hire Kelly are the media and fan base. People have posted similar about him in regards to other schools.

If he really wants it he'll get hired somewhere major though.

The Herman stuff is interesting because he (and Fuente and a few other people) asked for the job and the boosters were intrigued by him but decided to stick with the known commodity who wouldn't embarrass them off the field, and who they knew they could control from an administrative viewpoint. Herman I'm guessing came off like more of a Chris Petersen who wouldn't necessarily be beholden to their traditions or how they wanted to do things. Plus the players and parents wanted Helton.

Last edited:
When's the last time a players and parents choice worked out for a school? People still aren't learning from Larry Coker if these reasons are real.

When's the last time a players and parents choice worked out for a school? People still aren't learning from Larry Coker if these reasons are real.

Dabo?

In Tee and Helton's defense, the local HS coaches were pushing for them too. There have been accusations of a bit of pipeline favoritism to that extent as well, but the powers that be care a lot about recruiting and, besides David Shaw, those two might be the best in the Pac 12. I'm assuming the whole pipeline players getting looks first (in recruiting and on the field) thing kinda goes on everywhere, though?

Last edited:
Harbaugh slander is dumb. He got a young team and two years in his recruiting class, 2015 class don't count at all. And Paul just hates harbaugh because harbaugh strike back at him and harbaugh ain't no punk at all.

It's funny because you all knew how much you lost before the season started, but all I heard from you all (and the media) was that it won't matter because Harbaugh is that great :lol:. Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaugh. That's all I heard this off-season.

I mean, he "has his guys" now, right? what happened? You guys were supposed to be "loaded" with so much young talent, and a GOAT coach. what happened? Wasn't OSU like the youngest team in the country last year? Youth didn't keep Urban from getting to the CFP :lol:.

I do agree, that the Harbaugh slander is dumb, though.

Also still :rofl:@ one of you dudes saying MSU fans would take Wilton Speight on our team in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom