OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shocked that Buckeyes got handled like that... Their pass D was terrible and JT was just as bad... Had a feeling Sparty would win that game... You cannot let them hang around especially in crap weather... They will find a way to get the ball and drive (unless its NWestern, because then its the opposite) Glad to see Michigan RBs break tackles... Defense needs to mix in some zone before JT scrambles for 150+ and wins a close one again

Shocked that Buckeyes got handled like that... Their pass D was terrible and JT was just as bad... Had a feeling Sparty would win that game... You cannot let them hang around especially in crap weather... They will find a way to get the ball and drive (unless its NWestern, because then its the opposite) Glad to see Michigan RBs break tackles... Defense needs to mix in some zone before JT scrambles for 150+ and wins a close one again

To beat OSU they gotta light them up as in Peters throwing and really open things up. If they can do that Michigan wins

JK Dobbins 6 carries for 51 yards 8.5 YPC

2nd half he got 1 carry. I hope someone asks Meyer during his press conference Monday why they limit him so much. Baffling to me, but whenever they get down in a game they abandon the one thing working for them. Same thing happened against Oklahoma

DN1cml4X0AAibN9.jpg
what game was this? Thats the most people i've seen on a field. Looks dangerous

Sumlin’s been dead since last week. Winning out was his only chance to maybe save his job.

Their hiring process is going to be fascinating. Will Woodward get to make his own decision? Who will they hire? Are hey nearly as attractive as they think they should be, especially with so many jobs open?

Hosts a radio show that is associated with a Omaha paper.

Florida is unofficially communicating with potential candidates about possibly retaining particular staff members for recruiting reasons, including defensive coordinator and current interim head coach Randy Shannon.

Why?

My buddy heard rumblings that Les Miles was a candidate for TAMU (noise around the campus). Take that for what it's worth. In any case, seen some other names thrown around here: https://247sports.com/college/texas...-who-has-real-legit-new-coach-scoop-109997210

The Dabo for $10M a year made me laugh. I think his buyout is like $39M (not sure if that's his side of it, the schools, or both). I'm not even sure he has any ties to TX? In any case, I could only really envision him leaving for Alabama, and that's probably about it. Even then, that would be iffy. Why try and follow Saban when they love you at Clemson.

In regard to Frost. Although I'd love for it to be true, I ain't buying UF's chances are 0% at getting him.

Last edited:
Randy doesn't even recruit at the level that UF needs. Better surround him with some dog recruiters on the defensive staff if you're going to keep him.

Dobbins > Weber and I love that Dobbins is not getting any run... Hope it continues

Look for him to have 600 yards in the first half against MSU and benched in the second.

I also don’t understand why Weber was returning kicks. I know Parris Campbell didn’t make the trip but good god there has to be one person on that roster that was quicker than Weber

My buddy heard rumblings that Les Miles was a candidate for TAMU (noise around the campus).

The Dabo for $10M a year made me laugh. I think his buyout is like $39M (not sure if that's his side of it, the schools, or both). I'm not even sure he has any ties to TX? In any case, I could only really envision him leaving for Alabama, and that's probably about it. Even then, that would be iffy. Why try and follow Saban when they love you at Clemson.
No shot on Miles. There’s just no way.

Scott Woodward and their administration are definitely aiming for the stars. They’ll throw $8-10M around at headliners and see what happens. Don’t think it’ll work out. But it’ll be fun to see.

No shot on Miles. There’s just no way.

Scott Woodward and their administration are definitely aiming for the stars. They’ll throw $8-10M around at headliners and see what happens. Don’t think it’ll work out. But it’ll be fun to see.

Yeah, I just don't see Dabo leaving. Seems like a guy that will stay as long as Clemson will have him, not to mention the money involved to get him there even if he was interested. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a coach that would conceivably leave their current post that demands that kinda money. What names are you hearing? In any case, like you mentioned, the process will be interesting.

Dabo/Franklin/Peterson/Patterson are such pipe dreams by a majority of the fan base. No way, no how any of that is coming to fruition. We have lots of money to spend on the next coach if we want to, but nobody is leaving a comfortable, established position for us no matter how much we spend.

Only scenario I'd be cool with regarding Les is if the admin got to help pick a HCIW type situation and Les helped develop that person over a 5 or so year period to take over when Les is ready to retire.

Otherwise, we need to realize we're only in a place to take a gamble on a younger up and comer like Campbell, Frost, Fuente, etc. Our fan base overrates our position in college football like few others ever could.

Alabama played a ****ty game against LSU

Honestly, I don't think they played that poorly. They've had alot of injuries on defense. Also, when they play teams with similar talent, they tend to struggle sometimes, especially on offense. They simply out talent the opposing team the majority of the time. They played against a good LSU defense and their offense struggled, nothing to worry about if you're Bama IMO.

Back
Top Bottom