OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And that’s exactly why Sumlin’s getting fired.

His program isn’t working. Can’t develop for ****.

DN-jvV1VQAAZWWG

A class is only as good as the development of said talent. Outside of Johnny Football, Myles Garrett, and Christian Kirk and I guess a few O-linemen there's not been many impact guys there or lower star guys that have been surprises.

SEC is about offensive and defensive lines and depth at those positions, I don't think A&M has competed with those aforementioned programs on that level. And they're still behind Bama, LSU, and Auburn (most years) even with those top end recruits.
You cut against your own argument lol.

Talent development is the problem not talent. You keep referring to the talent. They don't have to be above everyone in the recruiting rankings to put a better product on the field is his point.

Talent development is the problem not talent. You keep referring to the talent. They don't have to be above everyone in the recruiting rankings to put a better product on the field is his point.

It's both. They aren't getting the same dudes Bama, LSU, and Auburn are getting as many impact guys and they're not being developed. Especially on the lines as I mentioned.

Auburn’s average class is like 2 spots higher than A&M... and nobody on A&M’s staff can recruit for ****.

Access to talent isn’t the problem.

I never said access to the talent was the issue. Those other programs have similar if not better access to those same and better caliber guys. And specifically along the lines where there's been an established culture of elite talent getting to the next level as well as player development. Auburn gets stud D lineman every year.

It's both. They aren't getting the same dudes Bama, LSU, and Auburn are getting as many impact guys and they're not being developed. Especially on the lines as I mentioned.
Not true though. Last year A&M met the blue chip ratio that says that they have signed more 5 and 4 stars than 3 and 2 stars. There were only 13 teams, and this included Bama, LSU and Auburn. This has been a good predictor for who is capable of winning the title. They were one of the 13 teams in the country who recruited this well. Like he said, it's not a talent problem. And good coaching will likely cause even more talent to come there.

They’re missing out on guys who won’t commit to Sumlin because parents don’t trust him because he’s a liar, a drunk, and doesn’t work very hard.

Of course Auburn, LSU sand Bama are recruiting better. They’ve got better coaching staffs with better recruiters.

A&M’s been in the same tier as Auburn with a staff that has been mailed in for the better part of 3 years, and didn’t have stud recruiters to begin with.

A&M’s best recruiter doesn’t even recruit Texas for god’s sake.

That's all well and dandy, I just don't think a different coach is throwing them in the upper echelon on the West going foward. This is probably the 3rd best SEC job right now open (Butch is getting fired at some point).

By all accounts, Saban is definitely one of those guys who doesn't know what the hell to do without football. I'd guess that he probably goes out while he's already into his decline.

He's going to get Bowden'd as soon as it's clear the program isn't capable of competing for NCs anymore.

Y'all really gonna sit here and argue about whether TAMU is a better job than TCU? Whether a coach can compete for NCs at TAMU?

They went 11-2 and finished 5th in 2012.

If the playoff existed then they may have made it in (even though the BCS rankings were silly) and at that point may have even been the favorite to win. Stop.

Last edited:
Michigan insiders are already prepping fans that Speight may get the nod when he is healthy... Chatter that it is possibly Wisconsin... Would have a hard time watching those games if it happened and would then help Brandon Peters pack up his stuff and drive him to his next school.

Damn I thought it would be at least 8 weeks till he was even evaluated?

Oh and Franklin isn’t leaving PSU for AM, that’s a lateral move at best

It is, and it's the third best job in the SECW.

1. LSU
2. Bama
3. A&M
And that’s fine. I don’t think anyone would argue that.

But to sit here and say their expectations are outta whack because of that is silly. A&M used to beat LSU’s brains in REGULARLY in the 80s and 90s. Saban came in there and made that job what it is.

Florida was pretty much the same til Spurrier. Never won a damn thing before the 90s and now it’s the best job in America arguably.

A&M has every resource on earth to compete at that level. They’ve never been able to get out of their own way. For all the talk about how unrealistic their expectations are, they gave Fran 5 years, Sherman got 5 or 6, Sumlin’s in year 6. They give you every opportunity to not suck, even when it’s clear you do suck.

I didn’t mean that as a slight :lol:.

I know people like the bring up Aggie’s history in the SWC and the Big XII but the move to the SEC has changed the dynamic and gave that job a better ceiling. Outside of UF I think it’s the best job that will be available this cycle.

Texas A&M is a top 15 job in the country. With their resources, arguably top 10.

They've beaten Alabama and manhandled Oklahoma, in the same season. They're not Baylor. Their expectations are right where they should be.

Am i the only one that thinks AM going to the SEC hurt them

It didn't hurt them. Coming to the SEC has increased their exposure nationally and they're no longer seen as Texas' little brother. Playing the SEC is a big motivator for many recruits. Also, they're getting more money now because the SEC generates more revenue than the Big 12 and their cut of the pie is larger.

It was me. I'll eat crow on that one, I didn't believe in Miami. Just know that Mark Richt is gonna blow a game for you this year. This is coming from a UGA fan who had him as a coach for 15 seasons. Love the dude, he's one of the kindest, most genuine men I've ever met but he's good to blow a big game.

Really hate how just because richt couldn’t get it done at UGA you lean on him to do the same at Miami...different program/different AD/different conference. What happened at uga is irrelevant. Vice versa when idiots try to use uga past with Kirby

Back
Top Bottom