OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope Tee Martin doesn’t go to that dumpster fire :smh:

Same. As a Georgia fan, I like Tee Martin and that's saying something. Tennessee fans are a different breed and there's alot of pressure to win there. They'll jump on you early if things don't go well. He's worked really hard to get where he's at and I don't want him to lose all that good will and respect he's gained in the coaching community coaching that awful program. Tennessee fans still think that these are the Fulmer days. They're a second rate program with championship expectations.

If Stoops still wanted to coach, why wouldn't he of just stayed at Oklahoma? Their program is in a better position than Notre Dame. I know Notre Dame has "all the history" but Stoops would have had a better chance at a title at OU.

Also, I hope Jimbo stays at FSU just for the Aggy meltdown.
wasn't it starting to become a little stale with him at Oklahoma? I swear his name always seemed to be on the hot seat. ND would be lucky to get him.

Last edited:
IMG_0164.jpg
Interesting

was it starting to become a little stale with him at Oklahoma? I swear his name always seemed to be on the hot seat. ND would be lucky to get him.

If anything things might have been getting stale for him as a coach, not the program. He won the Big 12 7 out of his last 11 seasons and had them in the playoff in 2015. He finished in the Top 5 his last two seasons. I never once heard his name was on the hot seat. The hottest it ever got was in 2014 when they went 8-5 and even then it wasn't all that bad.

Maybe he wants a new challenge but I doubt it. Like some have already mentioned, his father was a high school football coach who literally died of a heart attack on the field at age 54. Bob was 56 when he retired. He understands that everything in fleeting, he could drop dead tomorrow, too. He just wants to spend time with his family.

Last edited:

Honestly... USC insiders/parents have been saying Tee to UTk in some capacity is going to happen for a month now. I think I posted in here that he's been in contact with boosters to go over as OC but a lot of UT alums wanted him as HC. I don't necessarily want him gone because I do think he was hamstrung a little at SC and is a better coach than he got to show, but Idk about Tee Martin the HC of a semi-blue blood though...

The dopest thing ever would be for Tee to come back to Tennessee win big as coach and right the ship that even Peyton Manning could t do, (with his half assed consultations this year) TWICE!
Tee, come cement your legacy as the greatest Vol since Reggie White

Are you two seriously of the mold where if there isn't immediate success then it or he is a failure?

Nope. But how many coaches would get a pass for putting up 0 points in their last two games, ****ty QB or not, or is it because we want to believe Fleck will right the [boat]? The team has looked BAD. Fleck can recruit his *** off but this roster has looked poorly coached.

5-7 is not bad for a year zero. He also got Michigan, MSU, and Maryland as crossovers before they were a walking corpse.

Looks like he's getting Vic Viramontes who was a former a Michigan commit as an ATH basically. Went to Cal to play QB, but transferred before the spring I think to a JC. I'm not sure if he'll ever put it together as a passer, but the kid is special with the ball in his hands.

5-7 is not bad for a year zero. He also got Michigan, MSU, and Maryland as crossovers before they were a walking corpse.

Looks like he's getting Vic Viramontes who was a former a Michigan commit as an ATH basically. Went to Cal to play QB, but transferred before the spring I think to a JC. I'm not sure if he'll ever put it together as a passer, but the kid is special with the ball in his hands.

Just to play devils advocate: does every coach get an automatic year zero or just coaches we want to be right about at perceived bad situation jobs? And even then, will Mullen get one?

Depends on what the talent on hand is. UF is a dumpster fire so sure, and as I have said in this thread I think he's the best guy they could have hired. Willie T probably has a higher upside, but the floor is better for Mullen. Strong would have been a trash hire.

Something like FSU opening up would not be a year zero for example.

Stats I saw on Clancy Pendergast’s defense:

Opponent - Points Given Up, Opponent's Average PPG, (Difference)

WMU - 31, 34.3, (-3.3)
Stanford - 24, 32.3, (-8.3)
Texas - 24, 28.7, (-4.7) --- in regulation, 17, 27.25, (-10.25)
Cal - 20, 27.8, (-7.8)
WSU - 30, 31.4, (-1.4)
Or St. - 10, 20.7, (-10.7)
Utah - 27, 29.5, (-2.5)
ND - 49, 35.8, (+13.2)
ASU - 17, 31.9, (-14.9)
Arizona - 35, 41.8, (-6.8)
Colorado - 24, 28.8, (-4.4)
UCLA - 23 - 33.8, (-10.8)

Clan's defense has held 11 of 12 opponents below their average points per game on the season. We average holding opponents to 5.66 points fewer than their overall ppg, including the notre dame debacle.

This also includes points off turnovers, like the blocked punt that led to a touchdown off a 1 yard drive against colorado, which was not really on defense (it took colorado 3 plays to punch it in from the 1).

i know scott frost is from nebraska and probably feels like he he owes tom osbourne one but if he waits a week the FSU job is his if he wants it, no?

nebraska is like the 5th or 6th best job in the B1G

i know scott frost is from nebraska and probably feels like he he owes tom osbourne one but if he waits a week the FSU job is his if he wants it, no?

It's 4th, and it's really not close with the schools behind it, unless UMD gets its **** together one day and dominates that region recruiting wise.

UF is a better job than FSU, if he said no to UF, he's going to say no to FSU.

It's not about what job is better than Nebraska and which school will pay him more. If you're not from Nebraska, you wouldn't understand. This is a once in lifetime opportunity for Scott to coach at his alma mater and have a shot at bringing a storied program back to relevancy. It's an honor to him. Tom Osborne had no effect on his decision like the media is trying to portray either. They making seem like some Godfather **** or something lol. I guarantee you that report of him calling Frost asking him to come home was some fabricated fairy tale.

.... There's no way in HELL he would coach at FSU btw

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom