OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis are you on Unconquered.freeforums? You reading about the Booster money battle? Lol

I’m a member but I only read it every once in a while when I want a laugh & to see ppl battle over their sources or who’s info is more correct . Haven’t read it recently but I heard there was some serious back and forth going on between some “heavy hitter members” on there & 247

Nebraska has better resources than Wisconsin, and it's academic restrictions are a lot more lenient. Wiscy admin is dumb and thinks having some of the highest academic reqs for athletes in the conference is somehow going to improve their academic reputation, when in reality no one gives a **** about that in academia.

At UNL you can take advantage of the top JC programs in the Midwest to supplement the talent disadvantage that comes from having such a small natural footprint. Wiscy can't do that, and Iowa refuses to (because Kirk is an idiot).

It's not about what job is better than Nebraska and which school will pay him more. If you're not from Nebraska, you wouldn't understand. This is a once in lifetime opportunity for Scott to coach at his alma mater and have a shot at bringing a storied program back to relevancy. It's an honor to him. Tom Osborne had no effect on his decision like the media is trying to portray either. They making seem like some Godfather **** or something lol. I guarantee you that report of him calling Frost asking him to come home was some fabricated fairy tale.

.... There's no way in HELL he would coach at FSU btw

When was this done? I've been reading rumors this has been sealed up since Oct.

It's not about what job is better than Nebraska and which school will pay him more. If you're not from Nebraska, you wouldn't understand. This is a once in lifetime opportunity for Scott to coach at his alma mater and have a shot at bringing a storied program back to relevancy. It's an honor to him. Tom Osborne had no effect on his decision like the media is trying to portray either. They making seem like some Godfather **** or something lol. I guarantee you that report of him calling Frost asking him to come home was some fabricated fairy tale.

.... There's no way in HELL he would coach at FSU btw

Once in a lifetime? Isn't he only 42?

I’m a member but I only read it every once in a while when I want a laugh & to see ppl battle over their sources or who’s info is more correct . Haven’t read it recently but I heard there was some serious back and forth going on between some “heavy hitter members” on there & 247

I’m cheap, so I don’t pay for 247, but maybe one day I’ll cough up. Anyway, as you mentioned, “the heavy hitters” were battling with their opinions/sources on Jimbo and I guess it got somewhat contentious, so the mod shut it down. Not sure who wields the biggest stick, but it seems like it’s “Fish”.

Didn’t know the Boosters were not under the University. Seems like a lot of Jimbo’s ire is directed at ole Andy Miller. Appears his decision to stay seem to revolve a great deal about their power over the purse strings. I’m sure there’s more to the story, but ... next 48 hours or so should be a rollercoaster ride.

I’m cheap, so I don’t pay for 247, but maybe one day I’ll cough up. Anyway, as you mentioned, “the heavy hitters” were battling with their opinions/sources on Jimbo and I guess it got somewhat contentious, so the mod shut it down. Not sure who wields the biggest stick, but it seems like it’s “Fish”.

Didn’t know the Boosters were not under the University. Seems like a lot of Jimbo’s ire is directed at ole Andy Miller. Appears his decision to stay seem to revolve a great deal about their power over the purse strings. I’m sure there’s more to the story, but ... next 48 hours or so should be a rollercoaster ride.

Save your money, 247 isn’t really worth it

Fish runs a scouting service

http://www.elitescoutingservices.com/a_team.html

I’m just here for the fallout regardless of which way it goes. Too much drama. Need the #Chaos

yeah. Makes no sense for Frost to take the Nebraska job, NOW. Take that in 15 years.

Its like he's single. There's that one girl that is marriage material, but he's on 22 years old. Knowing she'll be around at a later date, go have fun until you're ready. She'll be there for you.

Nebraska has better resources than Wisconsin, and it's academic restrictions are a lot more lenient. Wiscy admin is dumb and thinks having some of the highest academic reqs for athletes in the conference is somehow going to improve their academic reputation, when in reality no one gives a **** about that in academia.

At UNL you can take advantage of the top JC programs in the Midwest to supplement the talent disadvantage that comes from having such a small natural footprint. Wiscy can't do that, and Iowa refuses to (because Kirk is an idiot).
even with all of those restrictions wisconsin is a win away from the playoff. you have to think nebraska’s ceiling is at least wisconsin. florida may just be a better job than FSU but it’s still better than nebraska.

Lol. The way Nebraska has been canning coaches, once in a lifetime is every 2-3 years.

That is a huge misconception
Get your facts straight

Solich 7 seasons
Callahan 4 seasons
Pelini 7 seasons
Riley 3 seasons

There's always a chance if Frost made the decision not to come and we hired someone else who turned around the program and he failed somewhere else then he wouldn't have another chance. You don't pass up the opportunity to get your dream job. Bottom line.

That is a huge misconception
Get your facts straight

Solich 7 seasons
Callahan 4 seasons
Pelini 7 seasons
Riley 3 seasons

There's always a chance if Frost made the decision not to come and we hired someone else who turned around the program and he failed somewhere else then he wouldn't have another chance. You don't pass up the opportunity to get your dream job. Bottom line.

Calm down, buddy. You’re taking a joke to heart.

I just get sick of people always saying we don't hold on to coaches. We obviously held on to them for too long. Just got triggered lol

Damn, Riley was there for 3 years. Seemed like yesterday.

I'll always wonder why they wanted him. I know why he took it ($$$$) but it had disaster written all over it (for both sides)

even with all of those restrictions wisconsin is a win away from the playoff. you have to think nebraska’s ceiling is at least wisconsin. florida may just be a better job than FSU but it’s still better than nebraska.

This is Wiscy's absolute ceiling. Normally their OL is better, but this is the best D they have ever had, and they usually don't get backs like Taylor. What could push them further is a game changer at QB, but they never get those guys with the exception of Wilson, who was because of Tom O'Brien's incompetence. That's not a guy they recruited and organically developed.

No doubt FSU is better than UNL, but he's not picking Nebraska because it's the best job available.

I'll always wonder why they wanted him. I know why he took it ($$$$) but it had disaster written all over it (for both sides)

He was a good coach, but they got him when he was clearly on the downside of his career. The other reason why because he's a nice guy who reminded some of Osborne mannerism wise, and Eichorst the AD was tired of dealing with a prick like Bo who was just good enough not to get fired, but got embarrassed every time they played a big game.

I just get sick of people always saying we don't hold on to coaches. We obviously held on to them for too long

Understandable, but expect for your team be called trash, losers, and things that aren’t necessarily true lol. We all hear it at some point and get on each other’s nerves, but most of the time it’s just fun roasting each other’s teams. Especially when it’s not yours lol

Had a complete idiot as an AD that wanted to go the complete opposite of Pelini and came up with the genius notion of hiring a sub .500 coach

I just get sick of people always saying we don't hold on to coaches. We obviously held on to them for too long. Just got triggered lol

You should have held on to Solich, there is not doubt about that. He got fired because he was not Tom Osborne, but 99.9% of guys are not that good.

And TBH in today's climate Os never makes it to the 90's when he really got it rolling.

Back
Top Bottom