OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F37FA898-1BA9-4C98-95FA-C032233FE9E5.jpeg

If the governor of FL endorses it, it has to be true
:lol::rofl:
tenor.gif

Every time
take this **** off please. We don't need this reminder.

Gerard Martinez in response to the Tua woulda come to SC rants on the bords tonight:

“I don't know about that. Tua was trying to transfer to St. John Bosco but his dad couldn't get a job in San Pedro. The Tagovailoa family now lives in Alabama with because Mr. Tagovailoa got a job in Mobile after Tua committed to the Tide. I was told Najee Harris mom now lives in Alabama as well, although I don't know if that's true.”

Odds To Win 2019 National Championship At Westgate SuperBook
TEAM ODDS AS OF JAN. 8
Alabama Crimson Tide 3-1
Georgia Bulldogs 9-2
Clemson Tigers 6-1
Ohio State Buckeyes 8-1
Michigan Wolverines 10-1
Penn State Nittany Lions 12-1
Texas Longhorns 25-1
Miami Hurricanes 25-1
Wisconsin Badgers 25-1
Auburn Tigers 25-1
Oklahoma Sooners 30-1
LSU Tigers 30-1
Washington Huskies 30-1
Michigan State Spartans 30-1

Michigan?

DQtW29NUEAAq-6m.jpg

We got a QB now :pimp:

On the real tho, 10-2 if he's eligible, 8-4 if he's not. D should be top 3 next year, but the OL is still going to be an issue against Wiscy, PSU, and OSU

To chose the best four teams. Alabama was one of the best four teams this season. Not all conferences nor divisions are created equal.

I'm fine with the arguments that a team like UCF should have been given a shot, but an OSU team that got blown out by Iowa? :lol:

A lot of you dudes are having a hard time coming to grips that CFB like every other American sport is going down the road of the regular season simply being the process to seed a postseason tournament. Conference championships and non-CFP bowl games don't really mean a damn thing anymore, it's no longer a regional sport.

Which is why as a native Midwesterner I couldn't give a **** less about the RoseBowl and hate Delaney for letting it hamstring the conference. That **** doesn't mean anything anymore.

If you’re going to go through the pomp and circumstance of having a playoff committee institute even rules and standards across the board with all conferences. Or you have teams like Alabama who may be the best in the nation but play a garbage schedule to keep their entire roster fresh year round for the Iron bowl, STILL lose, and can’t even win their division, get rewarded anyway.

**** is a point of a regular season for seeding purposes if there’s no agreement on the criteria or standard by which all the teams are judged? Bama is rewarded for something tO$U was punished for last year?

Michigan?

I mean...with average qb play this season they'dve probaby been in the Btcg against Wisconsin.

They return nearly everybody on a defense that didn't drop off much this season despite losing a ton of talent.
They’ll be really good again next year.

But yeah, I ain’t gonna be putting money on it.

If you’re going to go through the pomp and circumstance of having a playoff committee institute even rules and standards across the board with all conferences. Or you have teams like Alabama who may be the best in the nation but play a garbage schedule to keep their entire roster fresh year round for the Iron bowl, STILL lose, and can’t even win their division, get rewarded anyway.

**** is a point of a regular season for seeding purposes if there’s no agreement on the criteria or standard by which all the teams are judged? Bama is rewarded for something tO$U was punished for last year?

Bama dealt with injuries especially on defense (lost their whole linebacking core) which is why they faltered down the stretch, they got most of those guys back and looked like their dominant selves in the playoffs.

How did Bama get rewarded for something OSU was punished for, they literally had the exact same situation as OSU last season, except they didn't wet the bed when they got to the playoff.

There's no way for every team to play an even schedule competition wise

Having a committee is by far better than the BCS and is probably the best pick your poison method of choosing who gets in. If you want to include more teams so be it

Coaches should smarten up and schedule accordingly

In the pros non division winners and wild card teams can still win a title

Was it really that garbage? FSU pre-injuries and Jimbo drama, 10-4 Fresno, 7-6 CSU that played 3 P5 teams OOC, FCS Mercer and the SECW slate. This isn't 2014 Baylor.

OSU got in under the same exact circumstances last year :lol:, Nako Anne Conway :smh:

Hurts should do year at a JC (don't play just do some classes like Stidham) and reemerge at Barn in 2019 :lol:.

He's going to be unstoppable next season. With his length, as soon as he gets his hands on someone, it's over.

Texas coming in with the 7th best odds??

What does Vegas know that we don’t?:emoji_thinking:

Recruiting....Recruiting....Recruiting...although last years class wasn't that great...Also no Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph in the Big 12

Was it really that garbage? FSU pre-injuries and Jimbo drama, 10-4 Fresno, 7-6 CSU that played 3 P5 teams OOC, FCS Mercer and the SECW slate. This isn't 2014 Baylor.

OSU got in under the same exact circumstances last year :lol:, Nako Anne Conway :smh:

Forgot OSU got in last year. Was conflating this year and last season’s more direct argument/reasoning about PSU’s schedule and why they didn’t get in.

My bad.

There's no way for every team to play an even schedule competition wise

Having a committee is by far better than the BCS and is probably the best pick your poison method of choosing who gets in. If you want to include more teams so be it

Coaches should smarten up and schedule accordingly

In the pros non division winners and wild card teams can still win a title

Honestly I kinda liked the BCS and just taking the top 4 teams from there. The committee is there for teams that pass “the eye test” but they’ve got their own biases that imo taint things.

Bama won. Sure. Do I think they’re the best team? Probably. But that’s playing the result. They should have never got in.

But it doesn’t change the fact that they’re claiming to be national champions when they’re not even champions of their division. A playoff is stupid if you’re not going to do it right.

Michigan isn't sniffing the BTCG, let alone the playoffs next year... Can't win tough games on the road and they have 3 lose able road games.

Back
Top Bottom