OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man I can’t wait to have a QB that can accurately throw a medium/long range ball, lawd let Haskins be the answer please

cfp_championship_12.jpg

There's no chance Fields thinks that he's sitting for 2 years, whether or not it happens. He could've went to UF and started from day 1.

National Champ game ratings were up 9% from last year. So much for all SEC being bad for the sport.

Fields was an early signee, right?

I just can't imagine he's going to sit for 2 seasons behind Fromm and be cool with that. But if he did already sign, he had to know this was possible.

There's no chance Fields thinks that he's sitting for 2 years, whether or not it happens. He could've went to UF and started from day 1.

Idk how early is considered early but he committed early in the football and signed not too long ago.

I think if he can throw equal or better than Fromm but add legs then he's in. Otherwise its going to just be a comp and Fromm's job to lose.

Was UF even an option? I only beard FSU was the other real threat of him committing to. He had late offers to come visit a little before signing day but he never went or entertained them

Florida had a real shot at Fields. They recruited him hard over the summer & he came on a visit. He may have visited twice, I'm not sure. But they weren't sure he was going to land there and they wanted a QB in the Class so they took Corral.

FSU had a shot, but they and the coaching staff blew it before the season even really got going. Went from having all of the momentum to nothing.

That kid played the recruiting "game" masterfully though.

Eason would have been blocked from going to Miami, trey is talking after Richt was fired from uga. Next season Miami will have it best group of offensive talent its seen in a long time

Right, I meant he should've come here straight out of high school.

There might not be a spot for Eason on this roster in 2019.

Right, I meant he should've come here straight out of high school.

There might not be a spot for Eason on this roster in 2019.
Richt is moving further and further away from that type of QB too it seems. Kosi and Jarren both can really make plays with their feet. 2019 kids that they're in on already are following that mold.

Where does last night's game rank in terms of best title games for you guys? I think everybody would have Texas-USC at #1. I think it's in my top 5 for sure.

Florida had a real shot at Fields. They recruited him hard over the summer & he came on a visit. He may have visited twice, I'm not sure. But they weren't sure he was going to land there and they wanted a QB in the Class so they took Corral.

FSU had a shot, but they and the coaching staff blew it before the season even really got going. Went from having all of the momentum to nothing.

That kid played the recruiting "game" masterfully though.

Gotcha. Yeah FSU bombed it tho with the way everything shaped uo for them this year.

Where does last night's game rank in terms of best title games for you guys? I think everybody would have Texas-USC at #1. I think it's in my top 5 for sure.

It's def up there, last year's was very entertaining also.

i can't have it too high. The first half was absolutely mind numbing.

But it was one of the top 5 finishes ever for me

FAU HC Lane Kiffin said that "people [who] really know what's going on" believe that Alabama freshman QB Tua Tagovailoa would have transferred if he had not played in Monday's national championship game.

Kiffin is no longer on staff at Alabama, of course, but he still has connections in Tuscaloosa. Speaking with Dan Patrick, he explained that Tagovailoa would likely have transferred "ecause Tua thought that he should be the starting quarterback and had outperformed him in practice and Coach [Saban] never gave him an opportunity." Saban benched a woefully ineffective Jalen Hurts to start the second half of Monday's title win, bringing in four-star frosh Tagovailoa to provide a spark for the offense. The 6-foot-1, 190-pounder proceeded to dazzle, throwing for 166 yards and three touchdowns -- including the game-tying and game-winning scores late -- to help lead the Tide to title glory. Our expectation is that Tagovailoa will start for Alabama next season so long as he's healthy.

I mean hurts somewhat got them there. Could of just let him play it out since he's the starting QB

Back
Top Bottom