OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was Sabans QB switch really that gutsy? I saw it as more of a last resort personally

I bet he would have gotten a lot more questions about why he went away from a QB who was 25-2 if they lost... If he stuck with Hurts, and lost doubt anybody asks why he didnt go to Tua

Idk how early is considered early but he committed early in the football and signed not too long ago.

I think if he can throw equal or better than Fromm but add legs then he's in. Otherwise its going to just be a comp and Fromm's job to lose.

Was UF even an option? I only beard FSU was the other real threat of him committing to. He had late offers to come visit a little before signing day but he never went or entertained them

casper90403 casper90403 meant "Early enrolee."

yes, he is.

So at work we were discussing how much revenue that title game brought in and paying players. I’m in the boat that I do think they should get paid BUT I don’t see how it’ll ever work.

If I’m not mistaken, there are like 10 or less schools that go positive in revenue yearly. So my NT brethren answer these for me:

1. What is an ideal amount to pay players?

2. Do you give the 4th string O-lineman the same as your starting QB (not specifically those positions but you get the point)?

3. Do you make it a set amount across the NCAA? Or do the Bamas and Texas’ of the world get to pay what they choose? (Which would make recruiting extremely unfair)

4. What about the other sports? Football is always the big revenue sport but do those players get paid more than the men’s volleyball players (or whatever other sport you can think of) or do they get anything at all?

So at work we were discussing how much revenue that title game brought in and paying players. I’m in the boat that I do think they should get paid BUT I don’t see how it’ll ever work.

If I’m not mistaken, there are like 10 or less schools that go positive in revenue yearly. So my NT brethren answer these for me:

2. Do you give the 4th string O-lineman the same as your starting QB (not specifically those positions but you get the point)?

3. Do you make it a set amount across the NCAA? Or do the Bamas and Texas’ of the world get to pay what they choose? (Which would make recruiting extremely unfair)

4. What about the other sports? Football is always the big revenue sport but do those players get paid more than the men’s volleyball players (or whatever other sport you can think of) or do they get anything at all?

Everyone shouldn’t get paid the same. It should be based on your school and/or conference. They could do a designated amount of schools or better yet conferences thats put money in a trust fund for players awarded to them after 3 years or graduation; which ever comes first. One thing that they’re gonna have to deal with is that everyone is not gonna get there worth ie Bama, Ohio State, Tebow/Bush/Manziel superstar type players.

cfp_championship_12.jpg

Who is this? :nerd:

Could institute a salary cap of some sort. I mean it is already a pro sport.

At the very least an Olympic model should be in place that would allow athletes across all sports to profit off their I&L.

Or this.

They need to stop pretending the money isn't there though. if college tennis or golf was making the billions football and basketball was, BEST believe there's no chance those kids and their families would let them get exploited.

Everyone shouldn’t get paid the same. It should be based on your school and/or conference. They could do a designated amount of schools or better yet conferences thats put money in a trust fund for players awarded to them after 3 years or graduation; which ever comes first. One thing that they’re gonna have to deal with is that everyone is not gonna get there worth ie Bama, Ohio State, Tebow/Bush/Manziel superstar type players.

That's fine for schools like USC and the others that guarantee 4 year scholarships for all scholarship athletes, regardless of if they're actively playing for the team or not, but what happens when schools like Bama who don't guarantee scholarships or money process kids out for lack of performance and injury?

That's fine for schools like USC and the others that guarantee 4 year scholarships for all scholarship athletes, regardless of if they're actively playing for the team or not, but what happens when schools like Bama who don't guarantee scholarships or money process kids out for lack of performance and injury?

That’s another thing that’ll have to be adjusted. An LOI should be taking as a business contract. All of the scholarships should be guaranteed.

Bama still gives their guys med hardship scholarships. They use that exemption more than any other school IIRC.

Put the money in a trust fund. Give it to the players after their expected graduation date. For instance, if they enroll in fall 2020, give them their money in 2025. The money should be divided evenly amongst all players.

Players should be paid in my opinion because not all of them are destined to go to the NFL. So, that 5th string cornerback who’ll probably go undrafted or just enter the corporate world, will still get money

Man, I fell asleep right at the start of the 4th. :smh:

Second year in a row I missed an epic comeback in the CFPNCG.

I'm washed af. :ohwell:|l

Congrats to Bama.

Can only imagine the shenanigans that went on in here.

Dawg were almost on top.

:smh:The stuff said in here :rofl:

Saban is dumb for this. Of all the times you throw out a freshman QB, is in a national championship game?

What is he thinking?

LOL

Fromm went from 2019 nfl draft 1st rounder to a mid round pick

LOL AGAIN

Tua would be the #1 pick if he was able to enter the draft. Kid is the goods.

YALL NEED TO CHILL.

He's better then every single QB coming out this year.

LOL

Noah Vedral is going totransfer from UCF to UNL. UCF blocked his scholarship. That's lame af especially since he's from here. He'll have to walk on

I've never made a Sean Taylor joke anywhere.

Worst 24 hrs emotionally of my adult life man.

My mom had a heart attack this morning (non-UGA related).

We were robbed by the refs in 5+ critical moments, but we also gave the game away by not feeding Sony and forcing Chubb. Felt like Richt and Bobo coached the 2nd half playing not to lose. Now it's time for Kirby's guys to takeover the team, we'll be back next year at least to the SECCG. Hosting a few 5*DB's this weekend to shore up that weak link of a secondary (besides Baker) .#DynastyMode #KirbysRevengeTour2018

Fields will play game 1, but Jake won the team over Eason before he ever took a snap in a game because they respect his work ethic. That's the mountain Fields will have to overcome to be crowned the starter over Fromm. Until then, it's Greene/Shockley all over again.

Tua real. Dude is slingin the pill like that lefty and he's not even left handed.

Back
Top Bottom