OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've never made a Sean Taylor joke anywhere.

Worst 24 hrs emotionally of my adult life man.

My mom had a heart attack this morning (non-UGA related).

We were robbed by the refs in 5+ critical moments, but we also gave the game away by not feeding Sony and forcing Chubb. Felt like Richt and Bobo coached the 2nd half playing not to lose. Now it's time for Kirby's guys to takeover the team, we'll be back next year at least to the SECCG. Hosting a few 5*DB's this weekend to shore up that weak link of a secondary (besides Baker) .#DynastyMode #KirbysRevengeTour2018

Fields will play game 1, but Jake won the team over Eason before he ever took a snap in a game because they respect his work ethic. That's the mountain Fields will have to overcome to be crowned the starter over Fromm. Until then, it's Greene/Shockley all over again.

Tua real. Dude is slingin the pill like that lefty and he's not even left handed.

Prayed for your mother. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

The money system seems easy enough. If you see Downs in a nationally televised game, said players should get a pool of that money upon end of year (not just graduation).
Maybe a percentage of Downs or percentage of plays could be a guiding force. But that's too simple.

I know my lowly University was in three $500,000 guaranteed ESPN games last year. That $1.5 million should have been split among active coaches and players. Instead I think it paid the athletic budget for Olympic sports for the next two years and football players got to eat good for 4 months.

Players should be paid....end of discussion. These dudes are puutin their lives on the lines while schools make a ridiculous amount of money. There should be a baseline pay for all student athletes followed up with pay for athletes likeness so big stars will make more than bench warmers. You still gotta pay bench wasrmers though bc they will practice and potentially get in the game, also putting their life on the line.

And they also need to stop playing and bring back the college football games.

Tyreke? Johnson?

Campbell, ITS and Leon O'Neal Jr visiting this weekend. Kirby trying to get Surtain Jr on campus. Need at least 2/4, already got 1.

ITS visiting USC and UGA this weekend? I knew that was who you were hinting at last week but he’s scheduled for SC visit Jan 12. Idk if that’s supposed to be secret or if UGA is pulling an FSU.

Alabama probably going to hire Chris Partridge away from Michigan... Best recruiter on Michigans staff and has a bright future... HUGE loss for Michigan but heard he hated the way Jim plays favorites on the staff and field

Alabama probably going to hire Chris Partridge away from Michigan... Best recruiter on Michigans staff and has a bright future... HUGE loss for Michigan but heard he hated the way Jim plays favorites on the staff and field
Sheesh, losing Partridge is huge. Plus, Drevno staying? Not what I was expecting going into January.

Sheesh, losing Partridge is huge. Plus, Drevno staying? Not what I was expecting going into January.

Why??? Jim doesn't make tough choices unless they are made for him... The guys that were not "his guys" have all left because of his preference for "his guys" mainly Drevno... Wheatley, Fisch, Frey all had a say in play calling/scheme and left for a reason...

Why??? Jim doesn't make tough choices unless they are made for him... The guys that were not "his guys" have all left because of his preference for "his guys" mainly Drevno... Wheatley, Fisch, Frey all had a say in play calling/scheme and left for a reason...

Could you say... it's because people don't get along with Harbaugh?

trollolol kinda

He hired Don Brown when the easy thing would have been to promote one of "his guys" in Greg Jackson.

You have a point with Fisch, but we all know Wheat saw Michigan as a short term stop, and Frey went back to his alma mater and was a dud of a hire TBH. It was his influence that made them switch to a ZBS and it was a disaster. He's still a good coach IMO, just a bad fit with this team and staff.

And he gave Partridge his first college job :lol:, he's as much his guy as anyone else is. It would be a huge blow if he leaves but I'm sure part of their pitch is that he's going to be DC after Xbox Tosh gets a HC job. Brown's entrenched here, and they are the best program in the country. It's hard for me to be mad at dude for making that choice.

Source btw?

I really hate that newbs turned into one of those fans.

Newbs pessimism is a bit much, but there are some legit things to worry about with the program. Harbaugh blaming the O's woes on a physically weak OL instead of going in a new direction offensively, the prospect of promoting Chris Bryant to the 10th assistant over someone like Devin Bush Sr, and a very talented kid like McDoom leaving because of the staffs incompetence in underutilizing him are legitimate concerns.

They REALLY need Patterson to be eligible this season.

A realistic one?

:lol: the only times you seem to post in here is regarding Michigan.

296794_fpx.tif

I really hate that newbs turned into one of those fans.

Just speaking on what I am seeing

I could be wrong on Partridge but he is upset with how roles are given and what is required of some guys isn't required for others.

Not pessimistic by any stretch but Jim's teams have regressed over the season for the past two years... Thats alarming and not something we have seen from him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom