OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crazy. Way too young to die. Appreciate those in your life, you never know when you’ll see them again.

My own personal beliefs and convictions - I've never believed that suicide is the route to take BUT that being said the hurt and confusion that young man must have been feeling can never be replicated or judged unless you have walked in their shoes.

What a terrible, terrible day for his friends and family. A kid who seemingly had it all right in front of him but in the end felt like he had nothing. Sad, sad day. My thoughts and prayers to the family affected.

Also, inevitably, someone will ask what role head injuries caused by football played in things.

Last edited:
nako xl nako xl

There's been two cases of HS age guys with CTE, but he still was pretty young to be experiencing the effects from something like that, and played a relativity low impact position.

The unfortunate thing is that even if his family wanted to know if he had it, the matter in which he died won't allow researchers to test his brain.

Tampering is going to be a HUGE problem :lol:

It's a step in the right direction though.

I'd prefer if they just allowed guys to leave whenever a HC gets fired/retires/leaves etc. You might get a lot of kids who decide to just bolt at the first sign of adversity with the rule as is proposed. At least restrict it to after a guys second year on campus.

All for the players having the freedom to move. This **** is going to be like the wild wild west. :lol: Kids not playing their freshman year and then immediately bouncing. Bama snagging whatever transfers they need to fill needs. Bag men are going to a new level with this.

index.php

nako xl nako xl

There's been two cases of HS age guys with CTE, but he still was pretty young to be experiencing the effects from something like that, and played a relativity low impact position.

The unfortunate thing is that even if his family wanted to know if he had it, the matter in which he died won't allow researchers to test his brain.

Yeah I was thinking about the Ohio State player who committed suicide that had CTE, but I hadn't even considered that the gunshot would make it difficult/impossible to test for.

Back
Top Bottom