OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe reported KC is ready to field offers for Moustakas as the trade deadline comes into focus. Could benefit him greatly.

Marte added by a team this morning. Tad bit early I would think :lol:

Doesn't he have like 6 or 7 weeks left? :lol:

Yeah after the ASB. I called the guy out for the premature move and he said "I need help in my OF" :lol: .

Dropped Dansby Swanson this morning and picked up Domingo Santana. Got me a run and a SB already :pimp:.

Also dropped Joe Ross and grabbed Whit Merrifield.

Having bad luck with my starters as of late. Barely racked up wins last week. So far this week, Archer dealt last night and only came up with a QS. Estrada didn't make it out of the 6th.

Feeling like both of my fantasy teams are super strong this year. Been very unlucky thus far in my bigger money league but a win this week (which im on my way to hopefully) will put me at 5-5 which is pretty good in the standings. I also scored the second most points in the league.

And the NT league....yall boys better watch out

Grab Ty Blach if you are in need of an SP. 5 straight quality starts and W's in each of his last four outings.

Keuchel back to the 10-day DL with neck discomfort

Machado (wrist) has a strained left wrist following the results of his MRI, Jon Meoli of the Baltimore Sun reports.

Spin: The initial reports from Machado's MRI came back clean, but it now appears as though the third baseman has suffered a strained wrist, in addition to bruising on his hand. Machado will still be considered day-to-day at the moment, but it seems unlikely that he will be listed in the lineup for Thursday's matchup with the Nats.

:smh: my luck

Estrada will become a trade piece should the Jays lose ground in the playoff race before the July 31 trade deadline, Mike Johnston of Sportsnet.ca reports.

Spin: The veteran has been a rare constant in the Jays' injury-plagued rotation this season, logging a team-high 78 innings while posting a 90:20 K:BB through 13 starts. However, free agency is looming, and Estrada -- who turns 34 next month -- should have plenty of suitors driving the price up on his new contract. With a market demanding front-line starters, Estrada is arguably the most valuable chip Toronto has to play. In terms of fantasy impact, moving away from hitter-friendly Rogers Centre certainly wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Cut JC Ramirez and Holland last night, they've regressed in the past few starts. Added CC and Straily in their place.

Last edited:
Got offered Smoak and Manaea for Machado. Sounds kind of ridiculous, but I'm ready to sell on Machado since my team needs to dig itself out of a deep hole to even make the playoffs.

What do you guys think? I have my doubts about Smoak continuing his power surge.

Finally cut Tony Watson :smokin

Added Rivero a couple days ago so I hope he gets the job over Nicasio

Would love to grab Maybin for steals alone but I really don't have roster space :smh: can't justify dropping any of the following:

JBJ
Mazara
Haniger
Gardner
Inciarte

or can I? Thoughts? :nerd:

Would love to grab Maybin for steals alone but I really don't have roster space :smh: can't justify dropping any of the following:

JBJ
Mazara
Haniger
Gardner
Inciarte

or can I? Thoughts? :nerd:
He actually got me the W in steals with his game yesterday :pimp:.

That's a tough one though. I really can't see dropping any of those guys for him.

I'm debating on dropping Kenta Maeda to pick up either Mallex Smith or Tom Murphy. Smith has been hot (all season when he's been in the bigs, really) and will get a ton of steals even when the bat isn't working. And Murphy has been raking in his rehab assignment so far. There are some questions about how much playing time he'll get in the majors though. I know it's only a matter of time before Maeda gets his spot in the rotation back, but honestly I don't need him even when he does. I have Kershaw, Strasburg, Darvish, and McCullers :lol:. Along with Pineda, Pomeranz, Rich Hill, and Jon Gray set to come off of the DL in a couple weeks.

EDIT: Ended up grabbing Jacob Faria who's set to start Tuesday and should stick in the rotation for the foreseeable future with Matt Andriese likely out until August. Should have a two-start week this week. Thinking of cutting bait with Keon Broxton who's mired in another slump at the moment. Doubt he's on anyone else's radar so I could just pick him back up if he starts to heat up again.

Last edited:
Bellinger [emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]128016[/emoji].

My team went off last night. 24/60, 13 runs, 7 HRs, 19 RBIs. And Kersh, Faria, Knebel getting their jobs done as well :pimp:.

----

The Astros are calling up one of their top prospects in OF Derek Fisher. He's raked in AAA this year so he's worth a look. I just dropped Brad Brach for him. Brach has 1 save in 4 innings over the last 15 days and with Zach Britton coming back soon I figured he's droppable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom