OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91  

Tough. Wilson and Ramos would be at the top of my list but they're both trade candidates and who knows if they'll end up as closers on their new teams. Maurer is a solid if unspectacular option though. There's been rumblings of Jeurys Familia returning in early August which would put a damper on Reed's value. Colome seems to always get rocked
laugh.gif
Of course the day after I post, Matheny turns to Oh for the save.
laugh.gif
​ Thanks for the insight though, I will continue to monitor and if he's getting infrequent opportunities I'll likely pick up Ramos.

Machado for Severino straight up? I'm inclined to do it because I need the pitching and can't keep Manny after this season. Sev owner isn't willing to do a 2 for 1 of Sev + Farina or Ray :smh: .

Thoughts?

Machado for Severino straight up? I'm inclined to do it because I need the pitching and can't keep Manny after this season. Sev owner isn't willing to do a 2 for 1 of Sev + Farina or Ray
mean.gif

Thoughts?
Is there any other team you could a slightly better pitcher from straight up? I cut bait with Machado myself and traded him, but I think you might be able to get more.

If not, then I'd do it if your pitching really is that bad.

Last edited:
Machado for Severino straight up? I'm inclined to do it because I need the pitching and can't keep Manny after this season. Sev owner isn't willing to do a 2 for 1 of Sev + Farina or Ray :smh: .

Thoughts?
Is there any other team you could a slightly better pitcher from straight up? I cut bait with Machado myself and traded him, but I think you might be able to get more.

If not, then I'd do it if your pitching really is that bad.

Estrada
King Felix
Devenski
Archer
Urena
Oh
Iglesias
Straily
Andrew Moore
Keuchel

Yikes lmao.

Been trying to deal Machado for two pitchers. One team I've talked to isn't biting, and came to me offering Severino & Cozart. I think I rather stay put.

Last edited:
Halfway through the season, how are you guys doing? I'm 86-73-9. Second place in my division, third overall. I only have 9 players on my team that I originally drafted (out of 25) :lol:.

Still trying to move Machado for pitching. Had about 4 offers come through today, none for Manny except one lol.

His deGrom for Machado straight up. Do I do it, or get greedy and try and get an additional SP out of him? I need the pitching and can't keep Manny anyway, so I may accept the one-for-one.

Still trying to move Machado for pitching. Had about 4 offers come through today, none for Manny except one lol.

His deGrom for Machado straight up. Do I do it, or get greedy and try and get an additional SP out of him? I need the pitching and can't keep Manny anyway, so I may accept the one-for-one.
Just hit him with a "Damn idk if I can do that straight up. Let me get ______ too." Worst he can say is no, and then you just pull the trigger on the swap :lol:. I like that trade though, I'd do it.

If anyone needs OF help or just has a guy that can be cut loose, check out Gerardo Parra.

He's been playing well all year anyway, but recently came off the DL and has at least 1 RBI in 8 straight games. He plays at Coors and has been hitting anywhere from 3rd-5th in the lineup. Well worth an add. I lost Maybin last night so I'll be down some steals but hopefully Parra can keep it up for me.

Also, if you've been rolling with a bottom of the barrel catcher (which is mostly every catcher :lol:), check out Evan Gattis. He doesn't play every day, but when he does he usually hits a HR.

Just hit him with a "Damn idk if I can do that straight up. Let me get ______ too." Worst he can say is no, and then you just pull the trigger on the swap :lol:. I like that trade though, I'd do it.

Trying to get a hold of the kid via text before I cxl & counter. Otherwise I may just pull the trigger, I think it's fair and I certainly need the stable pitching.

Edit: I went back to my league page and saw the trade offer wasn't there anymore. Hoping he didn't revoke and it was just past the allotted time. I sent it to him again.

Last edited:
I had two closers blow saves last night. My opponent doesn't even have a relief pitcher on his roster. I swear if I don't get a save this week I'll be sick :lol:. It's a free win.

Red Sox calling up their top prospect 3B Rafael Devers. He's been raking in AAA this year. Worth a pickup. I actually grabbed him last week as our deadline for keeping free agents is the 31st :pimp:.

Wound up trading Machado for Villar & Sonny Gray. Villar may have his p/t impacted (which I foolishly didn't really research), but I think I'll be fine. Was happy to get Gray, especially if he is moved to a contender IRL.

^ I like that deal. If Villar can turn it around it'll be really good for you.

Just realized that I lost both Kershaw and Strasburg to injury today smh. No word on what's wrong with Stras yet but Kershaw is expected to hit the DL with a back injury.

Do I drop Oh or Iglesias at this point? Iglesias ratio is worth keeping but his chances at saves are lacking. As far as Oh goes, he's back to hit or miss. If I were to drop either, who do I target in his place for consistent saves?

Do I drop Oh or Iglesias at this point? Iglesias ratio is worth keeping but his chances at saves are lacking. As far as Oh goes, he's back to hit or miss. If I were to drop either, who do I target in his place for consistent saves?
Take a look at Brad Hand. With the Padres trading away Brandon Maurer he's first in line for saves now. He's been rock solid this year as well. (I dropped Joc Pederson for him after lineups locked yesterday and of course Pederson hit a HR :smh:.)

One caveat, he may also be traded so his chance at saves might be short lived :lol::. I'd drop Oh for him though. I doubt anyone will be scrambling to pick him up. He's been a FA in my league for a few weeks now.

Another note, the Astros recalled OF prospect Derek Fisher. Not sure how long he'll be up but he's worth a look. He went 5-18 with 2 HRs and a SB when he was in the bigs earlier this season and continued to rake when he was sent back to AAA.

Mets top prospect SS Amed Rosario may be called up early next week.

Ranked #2 and #4 overall prospect according to MLB Pipeline and Baseball America respectively. Worth a stash.

Back
Top Bottom