Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were going to miss howie..he was a rock from april thru aug...and then a slightly diminished version when he came back. But i guess its offset by seagers presence(assuming production anywhere near)..hell have his ups n downs(age old narratives..he did it vs sept callups/small sample size/league will adjust etc). As usual....like every slightly above average team...a bat short and a starter short..theyre saying Montas will start in okc as a starter..i say break camp with him as a middle reliever.

Were going to miss howie..he was a rock from april thru aug...and then a slightly diminished version when he came back. But i guess its offset by seagers presence(assuming production anywhere near)..hell have his ups n downs(age old narratives..he did it vs sept callups/small sample size/league will adjust etc). As usual....like every slightly above average team...a bat short and a starter short..theyre saying Montas will start in okc as a starter..i say break camp with him as a middle reliever.
Are we def not even considering resigning him?

need howie back on a 1 year deal.

would also need dodgers to sign kenta.

kersh
anderson
ishikawa
kenta
ryu/wood/mccarthy/bla bla bla

Howie wants 3-4 yrs..we aint gonna give it to him...i would be shocked if we offered him any deal..let alone if he accepted it..as for iwakuma..shrugs. Now we overpay for leake or kaz.

Iiwii.

Likewise...just anticipating that kind of move since they had 40M or whatever tied up in iwakuma anyways..trades or bust imo.

Kuma back to Ms on 1 yr deal. Back to the drawing board.
Kersh
Wood
Anderson
Bolsinger
Frias
(mccarthy to start on DL/ryu-who knows coming off major shoulder surge to throwing arm)

1 signee SP. 1 trade for SP. Throw montas in pen. Im open to cespedes or upton if a couple of OFers r dealt. unless the FO wants to platoon craw or dre with klay,i mean trayce..or include puig in a deal with prospects for an arm and sign one of cespedes/upton...or....i dunno..

Last edited:
Well...we have assets to deal for arms and long money...no cap...so a quick reload is doable. Just gotta make the right moves and go to work....theres alotta work to be done..and while im fully aware of this "transitional period", i refuse to believe we can't still compete while doing so. We have vets...youth..and the assets to trade for and sign prime players. Fill holes. Stay in the hunt..make critical deadline moves. I refuse to believe these guys were brought in to be strictly budget control and moneyball geeks. U can middle the philosophy while spending money wisely...stockpile the farm...AND stay competitive...

THERES NO WAY.

Last edited:
Cespedes/upton can't pitch tho :lol:

A lot can happen between now and the start of the season. We'll see what happens

Well...we have a deep crop of aa and aaa arms that can be dangled for the likes of carrasco or salazar...odorizzi or long shot pipedreams like archer/sonny gray/fernandez(who will be on an inns limit) and long money to absorb deals(not the friedman way..i know).

So a trade for a #3 type arm to extend rotation plus signing a leake or gallardo and then signing 1 of cespedes or upton can get us competitive. Of course then u have to count on-agon not becoming washed...puig bouncing back(if not dealt)...seager and joc production..grandal/turner production......yup...alotta things gota go right. But. Well see.

Last edited:
I just don't see them signing another outfielder when they are already stuck with 5 guys filling 3 positions

Still a long offseason, but damn if it isn't frustrating.  and I think this quote by Friedman says volumes about what's going on: "I don't expect fans to say 'Oh great, this really makes us strong in 2017, 2018. But once we get to those years ...our fans are going to be very happy with those decisions."

So let's forgo the rest of Kershaw's prime in hopes of these prospects developing & multiples from that FA super class signing?
mean.gif

Im only speculating that if joc and/or puig/svs/trayce are used as assets to get a a combination of arms(sp/rp)

One would think that if someone was to part with a young #2 thats under team control, theyd ask for ML ready talent or high end prospects...or ML ready talent+mid level prospects. Puig/joc/svs=ML ready talent.

Last edited:
happy holidays to all

was hospitalized from 11/20 til this past Wednesday :smh::smh:

MS sucks is the short version but ill elaborate soon

I miss you dudes :smh:

2015 could kiss it IMO.

Bring on 2016

Last edited:
happy holidays to all

was hospitalized from 11/20 til this past Wednesday :smh::smh:

MS sucks is the short version but ill elaborate soon

I miss you dudes :smh:

2015 could kiss it IMO.

Bring on 2016

Hang in there bud :smile:

Hoping they can make a play for Gray, Odirizzi or Carrasco.

Stay far away from Mike Leake. Far far away.

Howie would be great, but he wants 3-4 yeas which makes things not so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom