Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the greatest high school player that you ever saw in the flesh? You can’t have just heard about him, you had to have actually gone to a game and seen him play.

For me it had to be Dejuan Wagner.

He scored 100 in a game and people didn’t make a huge deal about it because they EXPECTED that from him. So crazy...

Think D Rose times infinity.

If he hadn’t had that weird gastrointestinal problem the league would look so different today.

Who was the greatest high school player that you ever saw in the flesh? You can’t have just heard about him, you had to have actually gone to a game and seen him play.

For me it had to be Dejuan Wagner.

He scored 100 in a game and people didn’t make a huge deal about it because they EXPECTED that from him. So crazy...

Think D Rose times infinity.

If he hadn’t had that weird gastrointestinal problem the league would look so different today.

Jonathan Hargett

It waa a HUGE deal when Wagner got 100. It was on the front page of sports in the Washington Post and USA Today.

It was the lead in to Sports center

D. Rose times infinity? How so?

Jonathan Hargett

It waa a HUGE deal when Wagner got 100. It was on the front page of sports in the Washington Post and USA Today.

It was the lead in to Sports center

D. Rose times infinity? How so?

I guess I feel like they didn’t make a big deal of it because there’s was no Twitter and instagram to amplify it at the time. I could be wrong but I don’t even recall ESPN bothering to interview him about it.

If Bronny James does something like that it will go down as the greatest HS achievement of all time... because it’ll be 2022 by the time that happens.

Wagner had every tool in the bag. Explosive first step, blow by speed, crazy touch around the rim, wild handle, buttery floater...he was insane.

Others on my list

Melo Anthony
Andre Barrett
Anthony Roberson
Sean Dockery
Acquille Carr

I am sure there are others I can't think of

I guess I feel like they didn’t make a big deal of it because there’s was no Twitter and instagram to amplify it at the time. I could be wrong but I don’t even recall ESPN bothering to interview him about it.

If Bronny James does something like that it will go down as the greatest HS achievement of all time... because it’ll be 2022 by the time that happens.

Wagner had every tool in the bag. Explosive first step, blow by speed, crazy touch around the rim, wild handle, buttery floater...he was insane.
Yea you are in THIS moment. It definitely was a huge deal. In papers, on TV. Fox sportswas huge back then, they covered it as well.

Yea but to say he is x infinity mkre than arguably the best HS PG ever in Chicago is wild as hell man.

Rose was AMAZING in HS.

AMAZING

Both were elite

I remember reading a HoopsTv article on Zach Randolph killing Carlos Boozer in the U18 pratices back in 2000

Yea you are in THIS moment. It definitely was a huge deal. In papers, on TV. Fox sportswas huge back then, they covered it as well.

Yea but to say he is x infinity mkre than arguably the best HS PG ever in Chicago is wild as hell man.

Rose was AMAZING in HS.

AMAZING

Both were elite
Rose is the best PG I have ever seen in the modern era. Even without a consistent jumper just the way he took over games was incredible.

In some other universe, rose doesn’t get injured and the bulls win 2 more rings with rose winning 2 more MVP’s before joining the warriors.

Rose was AMAZING in HS.

AMAZING

Both were elite

For context I went to see Lebron play in an MLK tournament at UCLA in 2003. He shot the ball horribly and it was still a bigger deal than Wagner.

Wagner in High school > Lebron James in HS and Lebron and anyone else that was coming up around that time would agree. Dejuan is 2-3 years older...

I wasn’t bringing this up for purposes of a classic DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican petty debate special. I was just asking who the best you saw.

Both just developed early, weren't can't miss players I saw in the Tri State like Lamar Odom , Al Harrington and Tim Thomas

I only saw Brown once, I just remember him giving TJ Ford an easy 40 when they were seniors.

At the time TJ was the best player in Houston arguably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom