Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw Brown once, I just remember him giving TJ Ford an easy 40 when they were seniors.

At the time TJ was the best player in Houston arguably.

Ford was fast , but he wasn't that strong . Brown was built like a football player back then . Was this an AAU game or All Star game ? Ford had Daniel Ewing and Carlos Hurt on his high school team .

Ford was fast , but he wasn't that strong . Brown was built like a football player back then . Was this an AAU game or All Star game ? Ford had Daniel Ewing and Carlos Hurt on his high school team .

AAU. Ewing and Ford were on the same HS and AAU team.

Carlos went to a rival school up into his senior year then he transferred to a school in Louisville.

Edit: That Willowridge team was probably the best HS team in Texas in the last 30 years. Only team that would have an argument is Yates.

Wagner in High school > Lebron James in HS and Lebron and anyone else that was coming up around that time would agree. Dejuan is 2-3 years older...
I was coming up around that time and I don't agree.

And I am sure the LeBron would be the consensus better prospect between the two. Just look at any, "Best HS Basketball Player Ever" list and you will see LeBron or Felipe Lopez on that list above DeJuan Wagner.

Again, he was amazing in HS, but LeBron went #1 in the Draft because of what he did in HS.

So not sure which world you are imagining by saying ANYONE ELSE would agree that Wagner > LeBron.

Carlos went to a rival school up into his senior year then he transferred to a school in Louisville.

Edit: That Willowridge team was probably the best HS team in Texas in the last 30 years. Only team that would have an argument is Yates.
Around this time, FoxSportsNet on Direct TV gave us all of the regional channels. I used to watch Willowridge games on the Texas Affiliate and that was a special team. I couldn't wait to see TJ Ford in the HS All Star games that year. I would say he is probably my favorite College PG, not named Will Bynum, of all time. Loved watching him run a squad man.

It is wild how he used to be a pass-first dude and ended up becoming a gun box by time he got to TOR.

Definitely don’t agree with Wagner > Lebron in HS.

Lebron was seen as a generational player by his sophomore/ junior year

A27DDDDA-0348-4B03-9731-78ACDCB5BB19.jpeg

Both just developed early, weren't can't miss players I saw in the Tri State like Lamar Odom , Al Harrington and Tim Thomas
I used to watch the NYC HS Sports Show every Sunday Morning to keep track with that PG Class of 2000. I am sure part of it was NYC Hype but that was a special time man. That 2000 NYC Senior Class as special.

Willie Shaw was somebody I always enjoyed watching.
Peter MUlligan ended up getting the Player of the Year over all of the PGs.

Just looking through this list, some good talent

https://web.archive.org/web/20000511032014/http://www.prephoops.com:80/

I was coming up around that time and I don't agree.

And I am sure the LeBron would be the consensus better prospect between the two. Just look at any, "Best HS Basketball Player Ever" list and you will see LeBron or Felipe Lopez on that list above DeJuan Wagner.

Again, he was amazing in HS, but LeBron went #1 in the Draft because of what he did in HS.

So not sure which world you are imagining by saying ANYONE ELSE would agree that Wagner > LeBron.

By coming up at the time I meant, anyone that was playing HS basketball at a high level against the best players in the country at that time. Not people on the sidelines that couldn't make an open layup.

Lol... something is wrong with you bro. You can't have a convo without it turning into the most reductive debate ever- "I'm right, you're wrong".

My best friend was the all time leader in assists at one point at UCONN.

We played against Oak Hill and Melo in HS.

Lebron whooped our asses in high school (I was injured and freshly expelled from HS and its the biggest what if moment in my life to this day).

I can have an opinion and you are entitled to yours. But it doesn't have to be the most petty BS ever with you all the time, does it?

PGs that you have seen in the state of Texas, where does TJ Ford rank in your opinion?

By coming up at the time I meant, anyone that was playing HS basketball at a high level against the best players in the country at that time. Not people on the sidelines that couldn't make an open layup.

Lol... something is wrong with you bro. You can't have a convo without it turning into the most reductive debate ever- "I'm right, you're wrong".

My best friend was the all time leader in assists at one point at UCONN.

We played against Oak Hill and Melo in HS.

Lebron whooped our asses in high school (I was hurt and its the biggest what if moment in my life to this day).

I can have an opinion and you are entitled to yours. But it doesn't have to be the most petty BS ever with you all the time, does it?
You know NOTHING about who I am, where I played in HS, who we played against, and what I experienced. So cut the chatter.

I am discussing basketball.

You made statements, I challenged them.

If it bothers you, just put me on ignore.

That simple.

But anytime a discussion is had, you run to the same back of tricks. "You do this X, Y, Z." Just stay on topic. I don't discuss you and your habits, I just discuss the topic.

So yea, just ignore me.

Reactions: God
You know NOTHING about who I am, where I played in HS, who we played against, and what I experienced. So cut the chatter.

That simple.

But anytime a discussion is had, you run to the same back of tricks. "You do this X, Y, Z." Just stay on topic. I don't discuss you and your habits, I just discuss the topic.

So yea, just ignore me.

Nah I'm still waiting for you to produce those Randle stats. :lol:

You're the NT king of the petty pointless argument propped up by unsubstantiated facts.

That simple.

So yea, just ignore me.

What's the over/under on you pulling the race card at an inappropriate juncture again?

Yea I remember hearing alot about Hurt during that time. WHat ever happened to him man. I was pulling for him @ Louisville.

Is he still hoopin?

He still hooping in the local Pro-am but he’s gained some weight.

He had a brief stint in the d-league when he left college. He should’ve went overseas and made some money don’t know why he didn’t

I

And no Julius really didn't develop any solid ball control skills until last season.

Looking at ISO situations, which was where I said he clearly differs from Zion.

So I am looking at your claim that was just quoted.

It is fair to look at turnovers and scoring figures out of the ISO sitiation

2015-2016
21.8% ISO Frequency
0.72 PPP
11.7% TO Frequency

2016-2017
15.6% ISO Frequency
0.81 PPP
13.2% TO Frequency

2017-2018
8.5% ISO Frequency
0.85 PPP
15.5% TO Frequency

So to your claim of him Just developing those ball control skills, do you have any evidence that supports that claim?

The numbers are here, you claimed I made them up. So the ball is in your court.

So his PEAK in ball control came two years ago, he has actually gotten WORSE since 2016. His PPP has slowly risen over the years. His ISO frequency has dropped TREMENDOUSLY. So again, how did he JUST develop those skills last season?

Nah I'm still waiting for you to produce those Randle stats. :lol:

You're the NT king of the petty pointless argument propped up by unsubstantiated facts.
Sure, they are right here. I didn't feel like looking up something I already knew but since you asked again, I figured I would bless you.

Enjoy.

Screenshot (198).png
Screenshot (199).png
Screenshot (200).png

Last edited:
So to your claim of him Just developing those ball control skolls, do you have any evidence that supports that claim?

The numbers are here, you claimed I made them up. So the ball is in your card.

Did you watch the last two Lakers seasons or did you just look up some numbers that don't necessarily prove you point (which was nebulous on its face)?

While you're googling around look up Win shares.

The man clearly just figured out how to be a threat last summer and part of that was learning how to not dribble the ball off his foot in the open court.

I thought you were done?

I knew you couldn't resist a petty argument. :lol:

Last edited:
Did you watch the last two Lakers seasons or did you just look up some numbers?

While you're googling around look up Win shares.

The man clearly just figured out how to be a threat last summer and part of that was learning how to not dribble the ball off his foot in the open court.

I thought you were done?

I knew you couldn't resist a petty argument. :lol:
Cool.

He still hooping in the local Pro-am but he’s gained some weight.

He had a brief stint in the d-league when he left college. He should’ve went overseas and made some money don’t know why he didn’t
I think his lack of athleticism hurt him since he was smaller-ish and wasn't a KNOCKDOWN shooter. He could get to the bucket in HS but he seemed to struggle after that.

Yea, most dudes at that age pick up weight. No surprise. He is pushing 40 at this point. Well he should be able 35-36 by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom