Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never going to debate his court vision. He certainly has a gift there. His decision making is poor though and he’s careless with the ball. Those things come close to almost evening each other out. That on top of his below average size/strength/athleticism as well as his average at best shooting present some glaring issues. He is going to have to rely A LOT on his craftiness and will need to become a better shooter.

I feel like people who are high on Trae are expecting a bad college player to become a fantastic NBA player whereas I'm expecting him to maybe become a serviceable starter or one of the more useful 6th men in the league

Never going to debate his court vision. He certainly has a gift there. His decision making is poor though and he’s careless with the ball. Those things come close to almost evening each other out. That on top of his below average size/strength/athleticism as well as his average at best shooting present some glaring issues. He is going to have to rely A LOT on his craftiness and will need to become a better shooter.

But being crafty outweighs athleticism/size etc for PGs and he’s got it. Change of pace is great, good floater, sets up screens.

The 30 ft bombs off the dribble need to be left in Norman

I feel like people who are high on Trae are expecting a bad college player to become a fantastic NBA player whereas I'm expecting him to maybe become a serviceable starter or one of the more useful 6th men in the league

What if you’re high on Trae and expect him to be a serviceable starter?

Out of the guard prospects of the last 2 drafts, I’d put him behind Luka, Sexton, Fultz, Lonzo, Fox, DSJ, and Mitchell.

20F8DF0D-3917-462C-94EF-5164A39F788E.jpeg
Bruh why is this my new thing, thick *** white girls that look good in jeans and a tshirt.

As long as Trae's decision making gets better (Which it should, he's going to get a ton of reps), he's the goods.

Can't switch on him on PnR, can get downhill on switches, make the right plays out of PnR, floater is there, he has the skill set to be a really good guard. How good of a shooter he is (Off the dribble especially) and if he can be crafty enough to be an above average finisher at the rim, he's it.

At his peak in the league 18/3/9 on like 44/37/85 or something like that.

Doing some digging and Steph dame and Simmons are a few guys who improved their ast:to ratio to > 2:1. Dame and Steph made strides in their junior year and carried it to the league. Guys like zo and fox stayed basically the same so far.

Wish Dame had another star next to him. Feel like he doesn't get enough credit leading that garbage Portland team to the West playoffs year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom