Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Montverde good, yes.

Regular high school with no D1 talent? I don’t think so. There are plenty of family men playing HS basketball. Seattle would wash most high school teams. And women don’t miss open shots. Nope
I am not aware of HS ball in the states but here the best hs sends their under 16 team to compete against the womens national team and its pretty close.

I am not aware of HS ball in the states but here the best hs sends their under 16 team to compete against the womens national team and its pretty close.

I think the average high school isn’t winning b/c of execution. Like 16 year olds trying to stop breanna Stewart in pick and pop isn’t happening. Or you’re 5-8 PG who hasn’t gone through puberty is getting murdered on a switch. They can still hoop now.

Yeah I wouldn't give it to a regular HS team. I've seen some pretty bad ones.
Let's keep it at the elite level lol.

Montverde good, yes.

Regular high school with no D1 talent? I don’t think so. There are plenty of family men playing HS basketball. Seattle would wash most high school teams. And women don’t miss open shots. Nope
What constitutes a family man?
And were you one?

I think the average high school isn’t winning b/c of execution. Like 16 year olds trying to stop breanna Stewart in pick and pop isn’t happening. Or you’re 5-8 PG who hasn’t gone through puberty is getting murdered on a switch. They can still hoop now.

big difference in average and good.

I guess good is relative, but when I read that, I am thinking of a league winning championship HS team in a competitive HS league or something along those lines. I want to say I agree.

I train girls right now. I have a couple Big Ten/SEC D1 girls and a couple high schoolers going D1. We play king of the court with 4 dribbles up to 7 at the end of every session. There have been a couple times where I had to stop and say "Ok, I gotta really play to win this one"....:nerd:.

They're goal every week is to beat me since we started in June. I have not lost yet. Last week one of them had me up 5-2 up to 7. I had to go hard AF to win haha. I might of fouled her once or twice too to get the ball back :lol::sick:

Bismack turned 26?
eiEhPA9.gif

Dude's at least 32

:lol:. Hilarious.

That said...If you’re homies son gets cool with Bronny....I bet we see an attempt at an “uncle erupt” :lol:.

He's actually a really good soccer player. Him and his little brother. I could see them running in the same circle of athletes.

I'malready cool with Bron tho. My boy did a taskrabbit job for him a couple weeks back.

I'll just say this. Just giving them what they want so they shutup isn't exactly women's empowerment. Others have pointed out that every owner would be losing money if the players got a larger share. That's not how it works in the NBA if we're talking about equality.

I mean, that's exactly how it works in the NBA. Owners always cry broke when it's time to discuss a new CBA. And as of last year, almost half of the NBA franchises weren't profitable.

The female vs male athlete comparisons in athletics is so dumb. To put things in perspective, the very first time I tried out a bench press as a kid I did 120 pounds. My boy's girlfriend took a while consistently lifting to reach that level at age 22, and this is just a normal male/female comparison. Physical attributes aren't even comparable. The worst player in the G League will destroy any WNBA player. The only sport where a male vs female comparison should even be entertained are ones that require mainly technical skill and minimal athleticism

The female vs male athlete comparisons in athletics is so dumb. To put things in perspective, the very first time I tried out a bench press as a kid I did 120 pounds. My boy's girlfriend took a while consistently lifting to reach that level at age 22, and this is just a normal male/female comparison. Physical attributes aren't even comparable. The worst player in the G League will destroy any WNBA player. The only sport where a male vs female comparison should even be entertained are ones that require mainly technical skill and minimal athleticism

Chess championship

The other thing is sheer size. In the Wnba, 6'5 is considered tall. And if you're privileged enough to be 6'8 (which is the tallest a wnba player has ever been) then you're a unicorn. Our unicorns dont even start til 6'11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom