Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Banks was supposed to be a Laker in 2004, but when Gary Payton balked at reporting to the Celtics, Banks was removed from the trade.

I said , he shoots too much and has crazy shot selection to make an easy transition to the NBA . The cab driver said , he watched every game he played and he didn't have a lot of help most of the time in college.
I can completely understand how anyone that watched him in College would have thought he was going to be the next one. It can be argued that he was the biggest thing post Running Rebels, so folks were selling Thomas and Mack out around that time.

He was a PROBLEM in college man, especially defensively.

True. He on his way though. He be moving swiftly through the city and showing hood luv. Peeped him comment on Aquille video the other day. Like how he still rocking with yo....plus, my man shot this clip and got the shoutout :pimp:

Never playing in the Goodman limits his upward mobility, IMO.

Unless they ever go in a deep playoff run.

HIM HIM get ya mans

47E39507-D1B8-416E-A9EA-8049DD3F53E4.gif

bballkid11 bballkid11 was riding that hot streak....then he kept betting against GSW and betting on Bron :lol:.

Lol..hey bro bballkid11 bballkid11 . I peeped that when you were hot you were reading the games and making your calls. When you got cold it was like you made up your mind ahead of time and stuck with it no matter what. I didn't wanna say anything at the time in case I was wrong but maybe something that could help in the future?

To your first couple of questions, yea, those same points were being made against paying the women their fair share.

My stance on this is the same as my stance was when L3-6ron had the entire NBA fan base spouting that whole "take a paycut if you want to win" crap. Profitability is front office/management concern, not a talent's concern. If you own a lemonade stand and OBJ says he wants an endorsement deal with you, you are going to find a way to pay him what he wants. Period. And after you do, you will turn around and focus on how turn a profit from that endorsement.

Yea that's not really a good example. Obj is already a draw so it's not hard to make a profit. And if he wants more than you think he's worth you don't make a deal. It's been 2 decades and they still are just figuring out how to get interest in the wnba. It took some time for the NBA too..as well as the NFL mlb etc.

I'll just say this. Just giving them what they want so they shutup isn't exactly women's empowerment. Others have pointed out that every owner would be losing money if the players got a larger share. That's not how it works in the NBA if we're talking about equality. If it's a case where WNBA players are willing to bet on themselves and believe they can draw enough interest to make the investment worthwhile then I respect that. I also think they do deserve more respect for their talent in general but that doesn't mean anybody has to watch or buy jerseys. But if they're not willing to assume that risk that would come with a larger share and owners cutting their losses then I don't see how that's reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom