Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I can’t get down with the Jazz. Something ain’t right about them. Can’t put my finger on it, well I can. Pg play but also I can’t buy Mitchell carrying them by himself a whole year yet. They need another bigtime player beside him for me to buy in.

Rudy Gobert is a top 15 player in this league. Him, Snyder & Ingles are a big reason the jazz do what they do. Mitchell scoring gives them the perimeter punch that they need. Won’t be as much as “carrying” the offensive load as it’s him being the primary scorer on a balanced team. There’s a difference.

I don’t disagree with you. At all. He has areas of his game that I am sure he will improve over the summer. Having said that, without those huge jumps in those statistical categories, he isn’t making the ASG as a guard in the Western Conference next year.
That's fair.

Didn't realize Mejri and Luka played together in Europe, that's a plus for his assimilation into American culture

Honestly don't think it'll be hard for him to assimilate. He's been the biggest star on a continent for the last couple years. Plays with a fire and speaks English fine.

Honestly don't think it'll be hard for him to assimilate. He's been the biggest star on a continent for the last couple years. Plays with a fire and speaks English fine.
Maybe not, but being away from home and everything you knew is a real thing. Doesn't hurt to have someone like Mejri to help you get used to the new digs and cope with everything. Playing with a fire is good, I'm guessing? :lol:

Maybe not, but being away from home and everything you knew is a real thing. Doesn't hurt to have someone like Mejri to help you get used to the new digs and cope with everything. Playing with a fire is good, I'm guessing? :lol:
I more so mean that I don't think he's soft, at all, and usually there's a big physicality/attitude shock when Euros get to the NBA. Obviously the NBA is going to be different than Euroleague, but I think he'll be ready and the transition won't be so bad for him.

Rudy Gobert is a top 15 player in this league. Him, Snyder & Ingles are a big reason the jazz do what they do. Mitchell scoring gives them the perimeter punch that they need. Won’t be as much as “carrying” the offensive load as it’s him being the primary scorer on a balanced team. There’s a difference.
i can’t buy them man. Ain’t nothing special bout them, the most they will do is get outta the first. But outside of that they ran across a selfish team with no shooters. That played directly into their strengths. Ingles and Rudy are not the answer offensive when it’s playoff time.

The west is going to have some of us looking foolish for leaving certain teams out of the playoffs but really it's just that cloudy and competitive

Listening to pods and seeing the Vegas over under odds, opinions are all over the place. No different on here

Rudy Gobert is a top 15 player in this league.

Players better than Rudy Gobert:

1- Lebron
2- KD
3- Steph
4- Kyrie
5- Russ
6- Kawhi
7- Lillard
8- Embiid
9- Paul George
10- Giannis
11- Harden
12- jimmy butler
13- Anthony Davis
14- Marc Gasol
15- Towns
16- Blake Griffin
17- Ben Simmons
18- Klay Thompson
19- Aldridge
20- Chris Paul
21- Draymond
22- Oladipo
23- Jokic
24- Demarcus Cousins
25- Porzingis

Gobert isn’t even top 25.

Will there be any surprises out East? Are we expecting

Boston
Toronto
Philly
Indy
Milwaukee
6-7: Miami and Washington
8: Who really cares

I think Philly and Toronto as well as Indy and Milwaukee could swap.

Players better than Rudy Gobert:

1- Lebron
2- KD
3- Steph
4- Kyrie
5- Russ
6- Kawhi
7- Lillard
8- Embiid
9- Paul George
10- Giannis
11- Harden
12- jimmy butler
13- Anthony Davis
14- Marc Gasol
15- Towns
16- Blake Griffin
17- Ben Simmons
18- Klay Thompson
19- Aldridge
20- Chris Paul
21- Draymond
22- Oladipo
23- Jokic
24- Demarcus Cousins
25- Porzingis

Gobert isn’t even top 25.

Yo - this man has had it to the point he typed out a numbered 25 player list :wow: :wow:

According to David Locke

Stotts contributions for the Blazers

#2 in the league defending the corner 3
#2 denying the 3 overall
#1 defending the rim

Other tidbit he mentioned

Regular season: the best defensive teams were drop center teams (Utah, Philly, SAS, somewhat Boston)
Playoffs: almost exclusively switch

Will there be any surprises out East? Are we expecting

Boston
Toronto
Philly
Indy
Milwaukee
6-7: Miami and Washington
8: Who really cares

I think Philly and Toronto as well as Indy and Milwaukee could swap.
Those are my 7 teams, I currently lean towards Charlotte over Detroit for the 8th seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom