Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s cool there’s nothing wrong with liking the guy, but to say he is a HoFer or compare him to Chris Webber (as flawed as Webber even was) isn’t delusional imo.

Also Marbury’s flaws really outweighed his benefits for any NBA team and there’s a big distinction between that and say, an AI.

Y’all let the media dictate your opinions way too much. Way too many hit pieces have been done on Starbury. Good for at least 18 & 8 minimum EVERY year util Larry Brown showed up.I know we’re in the geek era of basketball statistics but you can’t use today’s standards as a barometer for what someone accomplished in the past.

The biggest mistakes of Steph’s career was leaving Minnesota. After that let’s have an honest conversation about his career. When Starbury got to NJ, Calipari and crew envisioned him leading a HEALTHY Kerry Kittle, Keith Van Horn & Jayson Williams. Those three dudes were made out of plastic Starbury’s entire run as a Net. So he was saddled with the responsibility of being a bucket getter which he did very well. Those Net rosters were piss poor when Starbury was there.

This brings us to the next part of his career which the NY media drilled into everyone’s head, Jason Kidd took the same team Starbury had to the Finals. And this was a flat out lie. Richard Jefferson & Jason Collins were both drafted as rookies for Kidd’s first year. Kittles & Van Horn were finally healthy and playing. KMart was no longer a rookie. Even White Mamba give them a couppe minutes off the bench as a rookie. Now it isn’t to say the end results would’ve been the same but Jason Kidd had a significantly different set of weapons at his disposal than Starbury ever had as Net.

Starbury ends up in Phoenix where him & Stat put the fear of God in the San Antonio Spurs. He had one of the best years of his career. Starbury then gets traded to the NY Knicks, who Jesus himself could not save.

Starbury played with trash his entire career but somehow he’s flawed and it’s his fault.

Strictly based on numbers on the court he should get into the HOF.

Off the court, he made some good basketball decisions, in China.

We need to stop including Melo with any core. He's basically Jeff Green, Solomon Hill, Marcus Morris category at this point.

upload_2018-9-23_15-36-49.gif

melo should be in the same sentence as dirk and vince at this stage. former all-stars that are non-factors when it comes to wins/loss. unfortunately for melo's case, he isn't a locker room/mentor olayer and rockets actually expect him to be somewhat part of the core :lol:

Y’all let the media dictate your opinions way too much. Way too many hit pieces have been done on Starbury. Good for at least 18 & 8 minimum EVERY year util Larry Brown showed up.I know we’re in the geek era of basketball statistics but you can’t use today’s standards as a barometer for what someone accomplished in the past.

The biggest mistakes of Steph’s career was leaving Minnesota. After that let’s have an honest conversation about his career. When Starbury got to NJ, Calipari and crew envisioned him leading a HEALTHY Kerry Kittle, Keith Van Horn & Jayson Williams. Those three dudes were made out of plastic Starbury’s entire run as a Net. So he was saddled with the responsibility of being a bucket getter which he did very well. Those Net rosters were piss poor when Starbury was there.

This brings us to the next part of his career which the NY media drilled into everyone’s head, Jason Kidd took the same team Starbury had to the Finals. And this was a flat out lie. Richard Jefferson & Jason Collins were both drafted as rookies for Kidd’s first year. Kittles & Van Horn were finally healthy and playing. KMart was no longer a rookie. Even White Mamba give them a couppe minutes off the bench as a rookie. Now it isn’t to say the end results would’ve been the same but Jason Kidd had a significantly different set of weapons at his disposal than Starbury ever had as Net.

Starbury ends up in Phoenix where him & Stat put the fear of God in the San Antonio Spurs. He had one of the best years of his career. Starbury then gets traded to the NY Knicks, who Jesus himself could not save.

Starbury played with trash his entire career but somehow he’s flawed and it’s his fault.

No. No. I don't let the media dictate anything. I let myself watching Stephon Marbury an incredibly selfish and low IQ basketball player ON THE COURT dictate that. None of the excuses you try to make deal with that at all lol. Your defense is so weak it's sad. "Somehow he's flawed?" My god.

Him being a complete idiot off the court is just a cherry on top. The stories about how this guy carried himself in New York City are just...wow. Like a 12 year old boy. He's survived in China because he's taken care of like a little child there.

So yeah, Stephon Marbury. Not a good basketball player, not a good teammate, not a good guy. Spare the excuses.

No. No. I don't let the media dictate anything. I let myself watching Stephon Marbury an incredibly selfish and low IQ basketball player ON THE COURT dictate that. None of the excuses you try to make deal with that at all lol. Your defense is so weak it's sad. "Somehow he's flawed?" My god.

Him being a complete idiot off the court is just a cherry on top. The stories about how this guy carried himself in New York City are just...wow. Like a 12 year old boy. He's survived in China because he's taken care of like a little child there.

So yeah, Stephon Marbury. Not a good basketball player, not a good teammate, not a good guy. Spare the excuses.
Details of the NYC stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom