Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I wonder what the Kings could swing in terms of a deal for Butler, I mean the teams that he wants to go to are decent with the exception of the Nets, but he needs to suffer, in SACTOWN.

Webber was way better than Marbury come on

Expand on this...I'd LOVE to hear your reasons.

Iconic Team @ Michigan.

Best player of a revolutionary team during time period with SAC (Highly successful team)

You get ZERO argument from me...but as far as helping to globalize the game, Marbury made quiet the impact in China. Doesn't hurt that he has pretty good numbers on his NBA resume as well.

Honest question...Chris Webber will most likely be inducted next year, so why is Steph any different?

LOL.

Beyond the college contributions. Webber was a 5x all star and all league performer compared to only 2 for Steph. It's not really close tbh.

Steph not being able to stick to the NBA and HAVING to go to China doesn't count as promoting the game of basketball (to me). He is simply making the best of the situation he is currently in.

Sure Steph HAS pretty good numbers in the NBA, but the HOF shouldn't be for "pretty good" people. It should be for the Elite.

Also, you have to look at Webbers accolades in context, he did all of that during the Golden Era of PFs in the West. His All Star nominations reflect that, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

In short, my definition of HOF Material is this.

Can you tell the story of BASKETBALL without this player being mentioned. If the answer is NO, then I would say, for the most part, that person should be in the HOF.

No way you mention the story of basketball and not talk about the Fab 5 or those revolutionary Kings squads.

Steph, eh, you have to think about it. You could tell a version without ever mentioning him.

It isn't FAR fetched to say Steph is HOF, but he wouldn't make it IMO

Shut the hell up Jalen

Can't wait for this team to shut the haters up. I'm with SAS. Also as long they are healthy, it's really just the gsw I'm worried about.

We got the best player on the planet. We just didn't get PG or some all star to go with the young core.

I know it's just the fanboy in me talking but **** it. WE BACK!!
Agree

But yall should be aight.

Steph not being able to stick to the NBA and HAVING to go to China doesn't count as promoting the game of basketball (to me). He is simply making the best of the situation he is currently in.

Sure Steph HAS pretty good numbers in the NBA, but the HOF shouldn't be for "pretty good" people. It should be for the Elite.

Also, you have to look at Webbers accolades in context, he did all of that during the Golden Era of PFs in the West. His All Star nominations reflect that, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

In short, my definition of HOF Material is this.

Can you tell the story of BASKETBALL without this player being mentioned. If the answer is NO, then I would say, for the most part, that person should be in the HOF.

No way you mention the story of basketball and not talk about the Fab 5 or those revolutionary Kings squads.

Steph, eh, you have to think about it. You could tell a version without ever mentioning him.

It isn't FAR fetched to say Steph is HOF, but he wouldn't make it IMO

The impact of the Fab 5 absolutely can't be understated. I've said it before, but RIP to any white socks in my drawers due to watching them hoop. However, I think that Steph is cut from the same HOF "cloth" as Webber. Marbury had his issues, which you stated, led to his departure to China. However, dude did almost a complete 180 (as far as reputation) and you can argue that outside of Yao, there is no other basketball player who had as much of an impact on Chinese hoops in the history of that nation. THAT can't be understated when talking about the globalization of basketball and the reach the game has in different parts of the world.

While the Fab-5 may impact us as Americans, we'd be remiss to not at least acknowledge what Marbury means to the people of China.

Also, Marbury's numbers, even while only being selected to 2 ASGs, are VERY good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom