Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Lakers try and make a run for AD before the playoffs.
I'm assuming Lebron wants to contend for a title or is he too focused on his Hollywood career.

Jokic was in his third year and is 23 years old with Milsap basically missing the season. They were ahead of the curve if anything, when it comes to almost making the playoffs

The grease was already simmering and I'm sure the Lakers getting blown out tonight didn't help the takes cool down

Our idea of what can win will change over the next 5-10 years when the new gen comes in and Jokic, KAT, etc are in their primes. Again though, depends on how they continue to build around him. Usually you need at least two All-NBAers on your team to seriously compete for a title

I feel you but I'm jumping out the window right now. I'm not waiting 10 years, I'm calling it now and saying you can't win like that. What makes dray so effective is that he actually brings the skills you NEED from a center on defense. He plays bigger than his size, not the other way around like the little big man in denver

Why is Jokic even being compared to LeBron?
That was a dumb post.

I swear dude gets so much love on here for doing so little so far in his career lmao. What exactly is the difference between Jokic and... a player like Boogie rn? Crazy because almost everyone in here hates on Boogie.

Last edited:
Lakers need to just say eff the defensive end and start Kuz or Hart. They’re both good shooters while I think Kuz is more of a scorer then a shooter but Bron and Rondo/Ball are most effective with catch and shoot players to keep the defense honest. KCP is always been hot trash. Gonna be a long season for them. Still can’t belive they let Randal go.

***** literally got carried to his only championship and saying this :lol: :smh:

494DBB6C-52E1-4EC6-BAE3-3370C0B7F9A6.jpeg

10x Better.

Not 1
Not 2

But 10

#NTExtremes

As always, well done by DW.

We're predicting what Jokic can do in his career before he turns 25 because he's a 7 ft slow footed shooter that doesn't defend the rim, comparing his play style to Bron. But didn't that EXACT same play style beat him.. With two other stars on the team? Hasn't position less basketball won the title for like....4 years in a row? 6 out of the past decade? Two best teams in the league (Boston and GSW). We're in 2018 and still acting like traditional roles matter

I still don't understand why Julius Randle isn't in a Lakers jersey. Would've fit perfectly next to Bron in the frontcourt. He's exactly what the team needs.

We're predicting what Jokic can do in his career before he turns 25 because he's a 7 ft slow footed shooter that doesn't defend the rim, comparing his play style to Bron. But didn't that EXACT same play style beat him.. With two other stars on the team? Hasn't position less basketball won the title for like....4 years in a row? 6 out of the past decade? Two best teams in the league (Boston and GSW). We're in 2018 and still acting like traditional roles matter
I would judge him if he played alongside another All NBA talent and they were first round fodder. Until then it's not really justified to draw conclusions on what his ceiling could be since any other All NBA player (not named Lebby) solo wouldn't compete for a title or perhaps even playoffs either.. and as we both mentioned he's 23 years old in his 4th year

Going to take Hayward a while to get back into the swing of things. Good thing is that he has the whole regular season to do so.

Tatum going to be the clear cut #2 option this season. Think he's fully ready for it.

Kyrie a walking bucket. 50/40/90 this year :pimp:

Jokic is an awesome player, but unfortunately the current ruleset means you probably cant defend enough to win championships.

Especially with someone like Jamal Murray, if you wanna win big with jokic probably going to need 4 all NBA defenders. :lol:

Problem with the Nuggets isnt Jokic or Murrays defense. Its that they have no clear cut star players. Bunch of real good talent and maybe one all star at best.

You need stars to win today.

Didn't get to watch the Lakers/Nuggets game yesterday so had to settle for the highlights...

The passing from Bron/Rondo/Lonzo is going to be fun to watch. Don't think they are going to be very good defensively though and they are going to get abused on the interior by any relatively decent big man.

Nuggets are going to be a good team, but their defense isn't going to allow them to make a leap to the next tier. Their offense is going to be really fun though when you add Gary Harris and IT to yesterday's mix. Could see them as a potential 4 seed if all goes right for them.

Versatile defenders at the 3 and the 4 could be enough to absolve Jokic from at least some of his defensive duties. As long as he rebounds well enough- which is a big part of defense

If a Lebby/Love/TT front court can win a chip then there's at least some hope for Jokic

forgot how reckless kuz can be sometime lol

hope bron plays tuesday... scored tickets to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom