Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@addict4sneakers

Your guy Capela 2.0 has shown some promise in the minutes he's played. Think he may end up cutting into Baynes minutes a bit as the season goes on. He's really good defensively and his athleticism and makes him a dangerous rim running threat.

Long as he holds it together, no reason for Williams not to put in solid mins on the court...Its a long season tho, big if on whether he'll act right all these months or not

If a Lebby/Love/TT front court can win a chip then there's at least some hope for Jokic
This is sort of the same kind of concept that someone else brought up yesterday when they said the last several champions haven't had a great big man.

That Cleveland team won a championship because they had LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. Jokic isn't playing with guys like that.

Same concept as the Warriors winning without a dominant big. They have KD/Steph/Klay/Draymond. Certainly makes up for lack of a really good true big.

You can have a glaring weakness and still win if you can excel in other areas.

Going to take Hayward a while to get back into the swing of things. Good thing is that he has the whole regular season to do so.

Tatum going to be the clear cut #2 option this season. Think he's fully ready for it.

Kyrie a walking bucket. 50/40/90 this year :pimp:

Smart can kiss that backup pg mins good bye.

This is sort of the same kind of concept that someone else brought up yesterday when they said the last several champions haven't had a great big man.

That Cleveland team won a championship because they had LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. Jokic isn't playing with guys like that.

Same concept as the Warriors winning without a dominant big. They have KD/Steph/Klay/Draymond. Certainly makes up for lack of a really good true big.

Yea' talent obviously matters but it's pretty hard to win without the primordial roles that big men play in the game. A good example of that is Draymond and Boguts roles in the 2016 Playoffs, if one of them finishes that game 5, they'd likely be on a 4-peat right now

Big men do matter, as Riley would say: No rebounds, no rings.

You need a Draymond Green type of guy next to Jokic to do all the defensive ish he can't and Draymonds apparently don't grow on trees.
I think the idea is that Milsap is supposed to be that guy. Just don't think he's the same kind of player at this point of his career that he once was.

We're predicting what Jokic can do in his career before he turns 25 because he's a 7 ft slow footed shooter that doesn't defend the rim, comparing his play style to Bron. But didn't that EXACT same play style beat him.. With two other stars on the team? Hasn't position less basketball won the title for like....4 years in a row? 6 out of the past decade? Two best teams in the league (Boston and GSW). We're in 2018 and still acting like traditional roles matter

To me it's fundamental. Your center can't be your best passer and worst defender. It's just not a winning formula. You're comparing the nuggets to teams that are built nothing like them. If there was a team of 5 guys who couldn't shoot nobody would be saying they might win some chips once the warriors fall off. It's just a fundamentally flawed basketball roster imo

Draymond IS a dominant big on defense, that's what matters. He can't shoot for **** or do anything on offense other than stand at the top of the key and wait for Steph and Klay to run off screens and get easy assists. It's his defense that makes him effective

what yall having for the seeds for both conferences this year?
Jimmy Butler getting traded could change some things depending on where he lands, but for now...

East
1- Celtics
2- Raptors
3- Sixers
4- Pacers
5- Wizards
6- Bucks
7- Heat
8- Pistons

West
1- Warriors
2- Rockets
3- Jazz
4- Thunder
5- Spurs
6- Nuggets
7- Pelicans
8- Lakers

@addict4sneakers

Your guy Capela 2.0 has shown some promise in the minutes he's played. Think he may end up cutting into Baynes minutes a bit as the season goes on. He's really good defensively and his athleticism and makes him a dangerous rim running threat.

i said it when he got drafted there kid can be really really good for Boston if the switch ever goes off. He’s gotta get in nba shape and understand how important running hard block to block is. He will get so many easy buckets. Dude is crazy athletic.

Last edited:
He and Terry going to have identical minutes. Smart is a much better facilitator than Terry and a more versatile defender. His role is solidified.
Yea smarts intanglables and defense will keep him on the court. But as far as a basketball player, terry gotta see the floor too.

I think it's going to be very similar to last year in the West where 4-10 is going to be a toss up.

Watching the replay of the Lakers game. Crazy. Bron has created more buzz with the Lakers than any of those Kobe teams; 3peat and Repeat teams included. The Dodgers have a one game playoff in a couple hours and Everybody's talking about the Lakers.

We out here!

#GLOAT
#GOAT

Steph Murray. Soon come :pimp:
To me it's fundamental. Your center can't be your best passer and worst defender. It's just not a winning formula. You're comparing the nuggets to teams that are built nothing like them. If there was a team of 5 guys who couldn't shoot nobody would be saying they might win some chips once the warriors fall off. It's just a fundamentally flawed basketball roster imo

Listen man...my team is set up to be a 50 win team for the next 5 years. I’ve seen one WCF in my 15 years as a Nuggets fan. Anything more is a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom