• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This 44 win lakers team will be hilarious
114549.jpg
114549.jpg
114549.jpg

TBH the only difference between 5-8th seed for the Lakers is how many games Bron decides to take off

Jimmy Butler getting traded could change some things depending on where he lands, but for now...

East
1- Celtics
2- Raptors
3- Sixers
4- Pacers
5- Wizards
6- Bucks
7- Heat
8- Pistons

West
1- Warriors
2- Rockets
3- Jazz
4- Thunder
5- Spurs
6- Nuggets
7- Pelicans
8- Lakers

Flip LA and the Nuggets

lebby making the finals 7 straight years in the east but only an 8 seed when he comes to the west :nerd:

Its almost if he has been playing in the JV league his entire career :nerd:

If the Lakers were in the East, I'd have them as the 2 seed.

West is just really tough. SAC/PHX/DAL are really the only sure thing wins. I just don't think this Lakers team is obviously better than the Jazz/Thunder/Spurs/Pelicans/Blazers/Nuggets. Even Memphis could be solid.

I am just happy that an all time great, legendary player like Lebron can finally get an opportunity to fill his resume with real playoff accomplishments :pimp:

The masses aren't high on the Lakers because we have a bunch of unknowns. Nobody is accounting for guys like zo bi and Kuz making big leaps but those who know, know

Reactions: MVP

West is just really tough. SAC/PHX/DAL are really the only sure thing wins. I just don't think this Lakers team is obviously better than the Jazz/Thunder/Spurs/Pelicans/Blazers/Nuggets. Even Memphis could be solid.

I couldn’t imagine thinking Lebron would have the Lakers finishing high in the West when he recently had dogfights with the Oladipo Pacers and a super young Celtics team, both of which he should have lost to anyway.

The masses aren't high on the Lakers because we have a bunch of unknowns. Nobody is accounting for guys like zo bi and Kuz making big leaps but those who know, know

You need legitimate second options to advance in the West. Whose Lebron gonna rely on when he plays like ***?

They think the kids will end up like lance and clarkson last year but our guys actually have talent and there is no need for lebron to be the teams head coach.

To me it's fundamental. Your center can't be your best passer and worst defender. It's just not a winning formula. You're comparing the nuggets to teams that are built nothing like them. If there was a team of 5 guys who couldn't shoot nobody would be saying they might win some chips once the warriors fall off. It's just a fundamentally flawed basketball roster imo

Draymond IS a dominant big on defense, that's what matters. He can't shoot for **** or do anything on offense other than stand at the top of the key and wait for Steph and Klay to run off screens and get easy assists. It's his defense that makes him effective

I can understand that line of thinking but the whole "x player needs to do x to win" has been debunked. On top of that Jokic is only 23. He just needs the right talent around him.

I think the Lakers end up in the 5-8 range, maybe 4 if there's a situation like last year with the seeding.

Don't have high expectations for this year, but am excited to watch this team this year for the pure entertainment aspect. Think next offseason is when they try to make that step to being a legit contender.

Slenderman and Kuzma COULD be solid scoring options night in, night out. Both have shown the flashes. Neither has ever had any kind of pressure on them though and I just don't think they are as good as other teams 2nd and 3rd options YET.

I feel like that's fair?

The Lakers will make early to mid season moves to acquire at least a mid-level star. GM Lebron won’t flip the whole roster like he did in Cleveland but I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow end up with Ant Davis.

All that young talent is going to look great around Lebron, which makes them more attractive trade pieces.

Slenderman and Kuzma COULD be solid scoring options night in, night out. Both have shown the flashes. Neither has ever had any kind of pressure on them though and I just don't think they are as good as other teams 2nd and 3rd options YET.

I feel like that's fair?

That is fair. I think Ingram makes a nice step forward in his progression as a player this season, personally, but I don't know if it'll be legit number 2 option level.
Kuz's erraticism worries me. I think he's best served in that sixth man role currently, but people are going to push for him to start.

Jimmy Butler getting traded could change some things depending on where he lands, but for now...

East
1- Celtics
2- Raptors
3- Sixers
4- Pacers
5- Wizards
6- Bucks
7- Heat
8- Pistons

West
1- Warriors
2- Rockets
3- Jazz
4- Thunder
5- Spurs
6- Nuggets
7- Pelicans
8- Lakers

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: dissing my Lakers and my Thunder? Bet
youngsabu.png

Steph Murray. Soon come :pimp:

Listen man...my team is set up to be a 50 win team for the next 5 years. I’ve seen one WCF in my 15 years as a Nuggets fan. Anything more is a blessing.

I see you slowly making the transition back to the Nuggets. You see the Warriors star fading soon :nerd:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar missed the playoffs in back to back years when he was 27 and 28.
Good find!

Its super interesting how the league was organized back then, in the 75-76 season only 5 out of the 9 western conference teams made the playoffs. For some reason Kareem's lakers were 6th in the west with a 40-42 record and lost their playoff spot to the Detroit Pistons who were the 5th seed with a 36-46 record.

Lebron with Kevin love and a cast of vets were the 4tg seed. You think giving him Brandon Ingram and Khama somehow makes him a #2 seed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom