Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF?

How is the Lakers making the playoffs contingent on one Dejounte Murray being seriously injured or not?
He didn’t have the lakers in the playoffs which isn’t an unpopular sentiment. I didn’t have the pels in which a lot of other people do

It’s a right race there’s good teams that won’t be in unless there’s injuries, like with Murray

Lol Sixers media coverage is awful now. Two guys make a bunch of practice jumpers and ONE pull up and it's pandemonium
BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE GUYS HAVE BEEN THROUGH AND HOW FAR THEY'VE COME!!!

They're gonna be a sleeper team for the playoffs this season
Dennis will need to make a bit of a leap, but they are going to have a nice little rotation once you add DJ, Barnes, and even 40 year old Dirk to what they've been playing with in China.

Teams in the 4-9 range, which the Lakers should be at the tail end of, are all going to be separated by a couple wins. If one of those teams is missing one of their starters for a significant period of time, it is going to be a huge blow to them.

We’re talking about the Spurs here. They didn’t lose Aldridge or Derozan. Murray is no slouch but your original comment implied that Murray was more critical to this season than he actually is. Critical to the Spurs long term growth? Yes he is. Essential that he is healthy in order for them to make the playoffs? Stop it.

Pop is the ultimate plug n play coach. By that I mean, their roster more often than not is capable of absorbing significant injuries with minimal effect on wins/losses.

I’m just going to assume that you are unaware of what happened to them last season after only having Kawhi play roughly 9 games. They didn’t fall out of the playoffs and won’t this year either.

Patty Mills is running PG and the Spurs are a playoff lock.

Cut out the nonsense.

We’re talking about the Spurs here. They didn’t lose Aldridge or Derozan. Murray is no slouch but your original comment implied that Murray was more critical to this season than he actually is. Critical to the Spurs long term growth? Yes he is. Essential that he is healthy in order for them to make the playoffs? Stop it.

Pop is the ultimate plug n play coach. By that I mean, their roster more often than not is capable of absorbing significant injuries with minimal effect on wins/losses.

I’m just going to assume that you are unaware of what happened to them last season after only having Kawhi play roughly 9 games. They didn’t fall out of the playoffs and won’t this year either.

Patty Mills is running PG and the Spurs are a playoff lock.

Cut out the nonsense.
Yeah, judging by this response, your level of basketball understanding simply isn't there.

For what it's worth, I still think the Spurs make it, but they inherently won't be quite as good if they don't have one of their main rotation players.

No use in arguing with you. Carry on.

:lol: @ Simmons practice threes

Pretty much the equivalent of practice half court shots for everyone else.

Luka felton is really good but this here

9HUm.gif

Yeah, judging by this response, your level of basketball understanding simply isn't there.

For what it's worth, I still think the Spurs make it, but they inherently won't be quite as good if they don't have one of their main rotation players.

No use in arguing with you. Carry on.

Lol...

You implied that one ROTATION PLAYER’s players potentially serious injury could vault the Lakers into the playoffs. He’s not even the second best player on that team.

I think what’s highlighted here is YOUR lack of understanding.

If Lebron is healthy there is 0 chance that the lakers miss the playoffs. He is not a rotation player and he cannot be replaced in a line up in the way that Murray can.

yall act like sixers need simmons to get right in the game and pull up 3s to help us win lol..sure it be nice esp to help space the floor but we fine with how we play atm

hes just getting comfortable. His time will come

Futlz looked like a mess in this game :smh:

On the other hand, Embiid fully looked like Prime Shaq :lol:

Ahem

EVERY NBA PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF EVER CAN MAKE 3s IN WARMUPS.

pardon me

Lol Sixers media coverage is awful now. Two guys make a bunch of practice jumpers and ONE pull up and it's pandemonium

Pandemonium? It’s literally just video of him warming up. There’s videos like this of every big time player during practice/warmups...it just doesn’t get posted in here because it’s what’s expected of the player. Me posting that video in here is simply for reference to show that he does actually work on his shot. Since it always seems to be questioned in here.

Pre season just needs to be 2 games , we should be watching real basketball right now

Completely agree. Adding fatigue and risk of injury (Dejonte Murray) to meaningless games makes no sense. I never realized it was this many games.

I get having games at international arenas and cities that don't have an NBA team. They should just scratch home games and just have one or two in other cities.

Honestly, if you are in an NBA city, why on earth would you spend money to watch a preseason game when the regular season will literally start a few days after?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom