Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's probably validity to Randle's agent steering him away from re-signing with the Lakers.

But at the same time, I feel like if the Lakers offered him the exact same contract that the Pelicans did, he would not have agreed. He's still my guy though.
Why not actually pay him what he deserves though? Still could've done that, and gotten Bron.

I guess they assume that they'll end up with Kawhi, KD, Klay or Jimmy this upcoming summer?

83C72249-C840-4159-968E-487393EC80E4.jpeg

:x

These are awful :rofl: :rofl:

Yikes!

Why not actually pay him what he deserves though? Still could've done that, and gotten Bron.

I guess they assume that they'll end up with Kawhi, KD, Klay or Jimmy this upcoming summer?
The Lakers aren't signing anyone that's not a star to more than a year. I think if they offered Randle most of the leftover money that went to Rondo/KCP/Lance/SuperCoolBeas then, yeah he might've returned.

lakers absolutely goofed letting Randle walk. that man is getting paid significantly less than Loul Deng and Tristan Thompson yet provides more than both those dudes combined. even if they wanted him coming off the bench, he'd be worth it considering they're paying rondo the same money.

Randles best move was to leave the toxic nature of LA. It's either GOAT or bust with their fans and media.

Remember all the hate Pau was getting? It even steered away Marc Gasol from even considering signing with them. I remember his saying that he would never sign with the Lakers after seeing how his brother was treated.

Either way, I'm hoping for a big year from Randle and his new environment.

The Lakers aren't signing anyone that's not a star to more than a year. I think if they offered Randle most of the leftover money that went to Rondo/KCP/Lance/SuperCoolBeas then, yeah he might've returned.
Yeah, I don't see why they didn't do that. I'd much rather have him than those 4.

Yeah, I don't see why they didn't do that. I'd much rather have him than those 4.

I think Rondo will have a solid year. He loves to play in nationally televised games and over half of Lakers games are National lol

But yeah, with Lonzo, Lance, James, Ingram and Hart as capable playmakers, Randle would have been more useful in this lineup

Randle the perfect big to play alongside Bron too. Doesn't need ball in his hand. Aggressive and does the dirty work.

Souped up version of Tristan.

There's an alternate reality where they bring back Randle, sign Rondo, Lance and a spare part like Nwaba instead of KCP for the same amount of money (I think it was like $29-30M?)

Interesting enough, I read a few days ago the Lakers contacted Tyreke during free agency. He probably would've been the best non-star player to put next to Bron for a year.

Availability is the best ability..available. Crazy they both missed their first year and Randle still has like 100 games on him

Dude, he's had a healthy season last year and there hasn't been any type of setback or report on those injuries. That not a valid reason.

Plus there are other players also having better careers.

Capela, Nurkic, Jokic.

Then you have guys who were equally successful: Dario, Dinwiddie, Bogdan, and Lavine.

Are you really going to tell me you'll pick Randle over Embiid, Capela and Jokic?

There's probably validity to Randle's agent steering him away from re-signing with the Lakers.

But at the same time, I feel like if the Lakers offered him the exact same contract that the Pelicans did, he would not have agreed. He's still my guy though.

Wasn't there a rumor going around that Pelinka and Mintz (Randle's agent) have beef?

They were trying to cite the beef as the reason why Paul George (another Mintz client) didn't even bother taking a meeting with the Lakers.

Wasn't there a rumor going around that Pelinka and Mintz (Randle's agent) have beef?

They were trying to cite the beef as the reason why Paul George (another Mintz client) didn't even bother taking a meeting with the Lakers.
I think I read that somewhere, but who knows. The agent business is cut throat.

But I figured it was due to the remarks after the D'Lo trade by Magic and Randle's last year with the Lakers.

Has Stephen Jackson commented on yesterday’s Butler situation?

You know damn well he and all these old heads were gettin’ wet and gushy as everything played out.

I care less about Sjax and more about damn Doja KAT and Wiggins to say something. I mean get off your xboxes and say something. ANYTHING.

Butler is crapping all over you and all you do is hide behind your COD characters? Sheesh.

Jimmy Butler my dawg :lol: :lol:

Flat out calling these dudes some h@ez.

And everybody know Wiggins ain't improved since his rookie year and Kat needs to toughen up. He might be going overboard but Jimmy ain't lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom