Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for Derozan, Raps might have gotten swept in the first round by the dysfunctional Wizards :lol:

Lowry played so bad in the first 2 games :lol:

Now they bout to go at casper’s neck?!?! This thread needs a trade or at least a solid rumor.

Said we needed a trade last Thursday and it happens the one day I took my team out for a community service event. Just had to catch up on like 40 pages.

-Spurs will have a better record than last year. Sorry @antidope

-I really don’t know what will happen with Toronto and Kawhi. A year ago if someone told me he would force his way out of SA through shady tactics, get traded then potentially sandbag it and be a locker room nuisance, I would call them crazy but now....anything is fair game with he. That boy different.

-If he returns to form, Raptors are legit contenders. I highly doubt they have a better record but they will be a force come playoff time.

-I see Masai playing 4D chess and moving him near the deadline of talks are stalling or he is infact a detriment.

Said we needed a trade last Thursday and it happens the one day I took my team out for a community service event. Just had to catch up on like 40 pages.

-Spurs will have a better record than last year. Sorry @antidope

-I really don’t know what will happen with Toronto and Kawhi. A year ago if someone told me he would force his way out of SA through shady tactics, get traded then potentially sandbag it and be a locker room nuisance, I would call them crazy but now....anything is fair game with he. That boy different.

-If he returns to form, Raptors are legit contenders. I highly doubt they have a better record but they will be a force come playoff time.

-I see Masai playing 4D chess and moving him near the deadline of talks are stalling or he is infact a detriment.

Agree with all of that.

I’m gonna need Rob and Magic to enter the 5th dimension and not be baited in to trading for Kawhi at the deadline. But maybe they do it if that current roster hasn’t gelled by that point.

Thankfully the clippers don’t have enough desirable assets to poach Kawhi and that is 100% Doc Rivers fault.

Agree with all of that.

I’m gonna need Rob and Magic to enter the 5th dimension and not be baited in to trading for Kawhi at the deadline. But maybe they do it if that current roster hasn’t gelled by that point.

Thankfully the clippers don’t have enough desirable assets to poach Kawhi and that is 100% Doc Rivers fault.

Real talk - as appealing as it may seem, especially if LAL is playing well, I really don’t know if I can trade for him in good faith at the deadline. What if you trade BI + a pick, end up with a second round or WCF exit then he gets gloomy and dips (maybe LAC). It’s just very clear this dude gives no dambs so I wouldn’t feel comfortable giving up assets for him, especially if things were coming together with the roster already.

i use to be a fan of kawhi and thought the spurs mistreated him so i was glad he got traded.... but now that hes refusing to play for the raptors thats just being a pre-madonna and unprofessional...he should just play out the season and leave next summer... no need for all this extra drama... kinda glad pop traded him to toronto

I agree completely with what Toronto did. They were perma good with that roster. They were never ever going to do anything significant. Kawhi is that next level player, so why not gamble on him? If somehow you can convince him to stay, you have much better odds at doing something significant over the next 5 years or so. If he decides to leave, you blow it up and rebuild. The alternative to starting the rebuild in 2020 was starting it 3 years later, with still nothing to show for the DeRozan/Lowry era.

I agree. Worst case scenario is that he leaves. But that also means you have Lowry, Ibaka, and Val all on expiring contracts and a boat load of cap space and young talent for summer 2020. Danny Green is also expiring.

Keeping the status quo was probably the worst move. It would have reminded me of the 60 win Hawks and the slow, yearly decline to what they are today.

Raptors won and it’s hard to argue that.

8C7C3866-F855-4445-B86A-0165CB6A6417.jpeg

:lol: :lol:

ClapbackSZN :pimp:
Is he not a snake? He's a lame *** **** *****. **** dmc.

I agree. Worst case scenario is that he leaves. But that also means you have Lowry, Ibaka, and Val all on expiring contracts and a boat load of cap space and young talent for summer 2020. Danny Green is also expiring.

Keeping the status quo was probably the worst move. It would have reminded me of the 60 win Hawks and the slow, yearly decline to what they are today.

Raptors won and it’s hard to argue that.

We always talk about “a boatload of cap space” for all these rebuilding teams but which contender has recently capitalized on this? If you don’t have pre-existing young pieces and their Bird Rights, it seems like this strategy is good in theory but doesn’t pay off, not just in terms of success but also alluring big league FAs.

Only good constructed teams through FA in recent history that I can think of with cap space are

Heatles
GSW adding KD (even this is a stretch)
NYK in early 2010s when they weren’t even that good

Trades and the draft seem like the only way but who am I missing in that list?

I agree completely with what Toronto did. They were perma good with that roster. They were never ever going to do anything significant. Kawhi is that next level player, so why not gamble on him? If somehow you can convince him to stay, you have much better odds at doing something significant over the next 5 years or so. If he decides to leave, you blow it up and rebuild. The alternative to starting the rebuild in 2020 was starting it 3 years later, with still nothing to show for the DeRozan/Lowry era.
Bruh, they got swept by the team Indy took to 7.
They were done after winning 59games and getting broomed.
Nothing was saving them, excpet Kawhi, and he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom