Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We always talk about “a boatload of cap space” for all these rebuilding teams but which contender has recently capitalized on this? If you don’t have pre-existing young pieces and their Bird Rights, it seems like this strategy is good in theory but doesn’t pay off, not just in terms of success but also alluring big league FAs.

Only good constructed teams through FA in recent history that I can think of with cap space are

Heatles
GSW adding KD (even this is a stretch)
NYK in early 2010s when they weren’t even that good

Trades and the draft seem like the only way but who am I missing in that list?

Good points.

At least they will have the flexibility to do something meaningful, or if needed. Completely tank.

Either way, Toronto made the right decision.

f22ce8cea3f61611e0f39583610a3f46.jpg

giphy.gif

Na tried looking for some, but I’m sure a couple of people from here remember. There was some reports (idk if it was tweets or post draft videos) but it was out there on why so many passed on him.
I don't know about this one fam

Derozan not making another all star team right?
Let's think about this for a minute.

DDR+ DCasey or DDR+Pop?

DDR was better than Kawhi before Kawhi got Coached up.
NOw, Kawhi put in the work, but Pop enabled him.

Pop will have DDR as close to Kobe as he has EVER been.
He will be in the ASG.
This isn't Corey Brewer that Pop just got.

Good points.

At least they will have the flexibility to do something meaningful, or if needed. Completely tank.

Either way, Toronto made the right decision.
ALl good points he made, but he left out one key factor....
They got the 2nd best player ever, coming off the best Season of his entire career.
The guy that makes ANY team an instant contender.
ONe is not like the other here.
They got Lebron bro's.

I know it's #hatingSeason but come on guys, we have to hate the rational yet hatable things, not the irrational.(unless we are irrationally hating GSW, then they suck as always)

Let's think about this for a minute.

DDR+ DCasey or DDR+Pop?

He will be in the ASG.
This isn't Corey Brewer that Pop just got.
****** really underestimating that popovich genius. Dude is gonna get the absolute most out of DeMar derozan if DeMar comes in there focused and ready. DeMar low-key lucked out from this trade if he ends up becoming a more efficient player.

That DeRozan and aldridge one two punch. The warriors won't know what hit em. :pimp:

He will be in the ASG.

Derozan was in the NBA 2 years before Kawhi. There wasn't really a point where Derozan was better than Kawhi all things being equal. That's like saying I'm a better driver than a 14 year old when I'm 16 and then the 14 year old's parents enabled him to get a license and the 14 year old put in the work...

There's 1 area where Derozan needs to improve to take his game up a notch and that's 3pt shooting. I think Chip England will be on top of that. Not necessarily Pop.

Out of respect to Kobe, let's just leave that comparison alone.

I agree that Derozan will be in the ASG, and more importantly he'll be at least 2nd team all NBA.

Derozan is making the ASG as a Reserve.

The West is STACKED with all stars rn.

East not so much...

Kawhi's not gonna do **** for Toronto. :lol: If he plays he'll probably just do a half *** job.

Why would he do a half-assed job? He's playing for a contract, afterall.

Kawhi is going to have to play for the Raptors this season, whether he likes it or not. Especially if he wants to get paid. This is part of the reason why he's even thinking of showing up for Team USA training camp. He needs to show the NBA that he's healthy and ready to play again.

Toronto bout to trade Kawhi now and rebuild.

Lowry needs to be traded too.

They choked last year and your not gonna bring Drake to make Kawhi stay.

Derozan was in the NBA 2 years before Kawhi. There wasn't really a point where Derozan was better than Kawhi all things being equal. That's like saying I'm a better driver than a 14 year old when I'm 16 and then the 14 year old's parents enabled him to get a license and the 14 year old put in the work...

There's 1 area where Derozan needs to improve to take his game up a notch and that's 3pt shooting. I think Chip England will be on top of that. Not necessarily Pop.

Out of respect to Kobe, let's just leave that comparison alone.

I agree that Derozan will be in the ASG, and more importantly he'll be at least 2nd team all NBA.
At least 2nd?
There’s no guarantee
Harden
Curry
Westbrook
Lilard
Will all have cases.
Then there’s Oladipo, Beal , Wall , Mitchell and whatever category they put in Simmons in. Heck if CP plays enough games he can make it.

At least 2nd?
There’s no guarantee
Harden
Curry
Westbrook
Lilard
Will all have cases.
Then there’s Oladipo, Beal , Wall , Mitchell and whatever category they put in Simmons in. Heck if CP plays enough games he can make it.

It already happened with all of those guys you named being in the league. Were you sleeping?
He made 2nd team all NBA in 2018.
Third team 2017

The All star team will be harder to make. Not All NBA. All NBA is way more prestigious and contractually important.

Put some respek on his name!

It already happened with all of those guys you named being in the league. Were you sleeping?
He made 2nd team all NBA in 2018.
Third team 2017

The All star team will be harder to make. Not All NBA. All NBA is way more prestigious and contractually important.

Put some respek on his name!
He only made it cause curry was hurt.

He only made it cause curry was hurt.

Curry was gonna make 1st team over Lillard.

Injuries are part of the game. Can't use that as an argument to say Derozan wasn't deserving or that it was some kind of fluke.

Kawhi was hurt. Does that invalidate KD's presence on first team? Thats silly to even suggest that.

Curry was gonna make 1st team over Lillard.

Injuries are part of the game. Can't use that as an argument to say Derozan wasn't deserving or that it was some kind of fluke.

Kawhi was hurt. Does that invalidate KD's presence on first team? Thats silly to even suggest that.
Then that would push Lillard to 2nd team with Westbrook?
And Derozan to third.
Injuries happen and are a part of the game but its dumb to guarantee Derozan making the 2nd team when as of the moment he might not be a top 5 guard.

Then that would push Lillard to 2nd team with Westbrook?
And Derozan to third.
Injuries happen and are a part of the game but its dumb to guarantee Derozan making the 2nd team when as of the moment he might not be a top 5 guard.

I SAID AT LEAST 2nd team.

Not guaranteed. Not he's a lock. Not for sure.

Who guaranteed anything? It's dumb to put words in my mouth. You are the only one talking about any guarantees. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES.

By saying at least isnt that either first or second team?
I SAID AT LEAST 2nd team.

Not guaranteed. Not he's a lock. Not for sure.

Who guaranteed anything? It's dumb to put words in my mouth. You are the only one talking about any guarantees. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom