Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
By saying at least isnt that either first or second team?

Demar Derozan will not make any all NBA teams and I "guarantee" it, just for you.

He only made it in 2018 due to an injury.

He is not capable of making it on his own merits, and it's dumb to think so. He needs an injury to occur to receive an award that is in the hands of journalists that haven't ever played the sport at a professional level.

Better?

My nephew drives for Uber.

They told him he'd make AT LEAST $125 a day.

Guess what happened.

And guess what they told him when he asked where his $125 was. pums pums

At least is not a guarantee. Its used a lot of times as an estimate.

Just like you Uber said “You could make $125 per day”, if you’re not guaranteeing it then you should have said “He could make second or maybe even first team All-NBA.”

Removes all doubt about a guarantee vs an estimate.

Just like you Uber said “You could make $125 per day”, if you’re not guaranteeing it then you should have said “He could make second or maybe even first team All-NBA.”

Removes all doubt about a guarantee vs an estimate.

The thing is it already happened 3 months ago.

He said it's dumb to guarantee it considering the players he listed.

He's talking to me like I'm crazy for saying something is likely to occur that ALREADY HAPPENED in the very recent past.

All NBA is selected without acknowledging the conference the player plays in. So he was already competing against said players for an all NBA spot and BEAT THEM ALREADY.

pums pums has made it a point to split hairs with me so no surprise. His goal was to tell me that it was dumb for me to have an opinion.

pums pums wants to argue semantics.

I'm over it.

It was dumb for you to say at least

You're the "I absolutely have to have the last word on the internet so I can feel like I've won an insignificant argument" type of guy.

Understood.

Have at it. I'm done here.

The thing is it already happened 3 months ago.

He said it's dumb to guarantee it considering the players he listed.

He's talking to me like I'm crazy for saying something is likely to occur that ALREADY HAPPENED in the very recent past.

All NBA is selected without acknowledging the conference the player plays in. So he was already competing against said players for an all NBA spot and BEAT THEM ALREADY.

pums pums has made it a point to split hairs with me so no surprise. His goal was to tell me that it was dumb for me to have an opinion.

pums pums wants to argue semantics.

I'm over it.

Bear with me but if the West is super stacked and he’ll be facing more difficult competition on a regular basis, is it not feasible to think that his numbers might take a dip? Not hating on DeMar at all but I wonder if that’s some people’s school of thought.

Guard position is stacked so if he can do that through playing a season in the West (I get it’s a conference-less award), that’s a helluva accomplishment.

Bear with me but if the West is super stacked and he’ll be facing more difficult competition on a regular basis, is it not feasible to think that his numbers might take a dip? Not hating on DeMar at all but I wonder if that’s some people’s school of thought.

Guard position is stacked so if he can do that through playing a season in the West (I get it’s a conference-less award), that’s a helluva accomplishment.

See I can engage in this type of convo. Not that useless let's get caught up in the semantics crap. Take notes pums pums

I think Demar has been good for long enough to the point where we know that he can hang with the best of the best on a nightly basis.

I've seen Derozan go bucket for bucket with Kobe and nobody questioned the validity of that.

So no, on the numbers taking a dip. Feasible, sure... but I've never heard anyone say "Derozan is putting up these numbers because he's playing Beal and Giannis 4 times a season instead of CJ McCollum and Klay Thompson".

Also the Spurs offense is less iso heavy compared to Casey's so I think that will take some direct pressure off of Demar and allow him to roam a little and get better looks.

But Pop will demand better defense from him. Not sure what impact that will have.

See I can engage in this type of convo. Not that useless let's get caught up in the semantics crap. Take notes pums pums

I think Demar has been good for long enough to the point where we know that he can hang with the best of the best on a nightly basis.

I've seen Derozan go bucket for bucket with Kobe and nobody questioned the validity of that.

So no, on the numbers taking a dip. Feasible, sure... but I've never heard anyone say "Derozan is putting up these numbers because he's playing Beal and Giannis 4 times a season instead of CJ McCollum and Klay Thompson".

Also the Spurs offense is less iso heavy compared to Casey's so I think that will take some direct pressure off of Demar and allow him to roam a little and get better looks.

But Pop will demand better defense from him. Not sure what impact that will have.

Good point about his consistent production. I’m curious to see how he looks in the Spurs system. On paper, all signs point to him being more efficient. The West is going to be even more exciting this year. My body is ready.

How many games into the season until the “See...I told y’all Kawhi was a system player” posts start getting made and receipts get pulled?

Did buc em buc em call him a system player? :lol:

I’m not Fox News so I will give buc props for not being totally delusional
7963BA9D-0187-45B3-A7EA-00DD6566B67F.jpeg

Rbk had to retire from the thread after these takes though...

2560C4D6-E0C2-4045-9112-502CFE033042.jpeg

0A5131D6-D859-419C-BBBC-DDA5F6AC7FCD.jpeg

2DE7B00E-6F6F-40C5-BE4C-18FC37C2F068.jpeg

58865740-37E0-42A1-BA0E-5754916728E7.jpeg

8FA5AB73-1EED-4962-B592-1D9C68F8C5F7.gif

Attachments

• 15F46F54-1C62-4C5B-9701-FAAC8003A03A.jpeg
    15F46F54-1C62-4C5B-9701-FAAC8003A03A.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 10
What are your expected Sophomore Stat lines for the upcoming season?

Quote and edit for the following: (points/rebounds/assists)

Ben Simmons*:

Donovan Mitchell:

Jayson Tatum:

Markelle Fultz:

Lonzo Ball:

Kyle Kuzma:

What system was kawhi in? Dude had to carry an old *** Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and ginobili every single damn season. Dude is as legit as they come.

Ben Simmons*: 20/8/7

Donovan Mitchell: 22/4/5

Jayson Tatum: 18/6/2

Markelle Fultz: 12/3/4

Lonzo Ball: 12/6/5

Kyle Kuzma: 15/7/2

Ben Simmons*: 20-8-8

Donovan Mitchell: 23-4-4

Jayson Tatum: 16-6-3

Markelle Fultz: 15-4-4

Lonzo Ball: 12-8-7

Kyle Kuzma: 16-7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom