Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what is mike going to do when he gets hit?

i like tyson as much as anyone but lets be honest he was front runner.
It took Wilder 7 rounds to hit Ortiz
To keep it 100 Wilder is a horrible “boxer”
A 21-22 year old Mike would destroy him

Wilder having 0 jab allows prime Mike to get on the inside nullifying the height difference, and preventing Wilder from getting into the range he needs to get maximum leverage on that right hand. Nothing else he throws is even half as devastating as that punch. I'm picking Mike in that hypothetical fight.

And unless you think Wilder won the Fury fight, I'm not sure two wins over what is probably a close to a 50 year old Luis Ortiz is any better than the resume Mike had up until the Douglas fight. How much better if any is Luis Ortiz compared to Spinks, Bruno, flabby and sick Larry Holmes, and Trevor Berbick?

Mike had a chin. And if Ortiz almost had Wilder outta there in that first fight I feel like Mike could do it too. But Wilder’s power seems crazy so who knows.

Keep it 100 Ortiz was wining both fights until he got baptized, and Fury boxed Wilder up....

Facts doe

1574656216389.jpeg

Would send Deontay to bed

Man dem in here really disrespecting Mike Tyson. Y'all sound dumb. Is this your first time seeing a boxing match ?

nobody is disrespecting him but yall trying to rewrite history and Mike is a lot of guys favorites but even they would tell you stop it :lol:. Again like others have said who did he beat?

Name one elite fighter he beat? you sound dumb acting like he was some unstoppable force. Please name the elite fighters he beat...we’ll wait

Was it the light heavyweight Spinks?
Was it an washed up Holmes?

Tyson my favorite too but id like to know.

Last edited:
not elite but he beat good HWs in Razor Ruddock and Trevor Berbick, also beat taller HWs in Tony Tucker and Bonecrusher Smith even tho they gave him some problems

nobody is disrespecting him but yall trying to rewrite history and Mike is a lot of guys favorites but even they would tell you stop it :lol:. Again like others have said who did he beat?

Name one elite fighter he beat? you sound dumb acting like he was some unstoppable force. Please name the elite fighters he beat...we’ll wait

Was it the light heavyweight Spinks?
Was it an washed up Holmes?

Tyson my favorite too but id like to know.

not elite but he beat good HWs in Razor Ruddock and Trevor Berbick, also beat taller HWs in Tony Tucker and Bonecrusher Smith even tho they gave him some problems
He wasn’t his usual self during the Buster Douglas fight or after prison. Didn’t throw many combinations or move his head side to side. Not having Kevin Rooney in his corner was just as bad as losing Cus D’Amato.

He wasn’t his usual self during the Buster Douglas fight or after prison. Didn’t throw many combinations or move his head side to side. Not having Kevin Rooney in his corner was just as bad as losing Cus D’Amato.
Didn’t he smash like 10 Asian tings the night before too?

the problem with Mike is he needs a KO in the first few rounds to win.... if it goes the distance he has no shot..I'm talking in general not just hypothetical against Wilder

Heavyweight competition and boxing isn’t as good as it was in late 80s-90s. I mean that by quality of fighters, bc it damn sure is still exciting....yea Wilder is knocking out big names in today’s world, but let’s not pretend he’d wash Holyfield and Lewis. Riddick Bowe in prime would be tough match for him as well imo, Tyson too.

Agreed w the point made that Mike wasn’t the same once he got out of prison , physically or spiritually. I think most in here saw him wipe out bums once he got out of prison, and then lose to quality fighters.
His rise to the top was better than anything he did once he got out , most of us in here including myself are just too young to remember. Buster Douglass is still a name today bc of the early Mike KO.

fun fact about Buster though : They came to him first about a promoting a grill at the time he got famous, he passed on it. George Foreman did NOT

love the discussion in here , happy turkey day yall

Back
Top Bottom