OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Thoughts

While I do think Michigan is getting better as a whole, I'm not surprised at all about what happened yesterday, and don't really think it says anything major about the team going forward. Frost inherited a dumpster fire, and it's going to take a while to fix. People were nuts in here expecting them to be a top 50 team this season.

Lance Leipold is coming to a B1G school near you :nerd:

Happy to see Purdue bounce back. Bill C mentioned on PAPN that they had like a 3% chance of starting the season 0-3. They're a better team then their record they've just had some bad luck.

These situations rarely ever work out though.

Jimbo/Bowden is really the only one to come to mind, and even then there was a lot of drama before Jimbo finally got the job.

Yeah I doubt it would. Gene smith basically came out and squashed it. Day will get some nice offers, I think he already had Tennessee offer last year and turned it down (though it’s being referred to as an unknown P5)

I fully expect him to be elsewhere next year or the following year

Best QB in the city of Buffalo right now.

He did this last week too, which is probably even a more impressive throw.

Last edited:
Yeah I doubt it would. Gene smith basically came out and squashed it. Day will get some nice offers, I think he already had Tennessee offer last year and turned it down (though it’s being referred to as an unknown P5)

I fully expect him to be elsewhere next year or the following year

You think Schiano goes back to Butgers after this season?

Whoever is coaching the lines at Kentucky is doing a great job

Also rumors of Odell retiring after this season :emoji_eyes:

Re O’Dell: Heard the rumor probably started in Hogtown, Newberg on 247 addressed the rumors as false (didn’t read it), and O’Dell isn’t probably leaving for at least 5 years when he gets full state benefits.

Last edited:
You think Schiano goes back to Butgers after this season?

I could see it happening since he was probably their best coach as of late (for Rutgers standards). I could see him going back to the NFL too.

I’m assuming Ash will probably be gone after this season unless they give him one last year but he’s definitely not getting things any better there.

I didn’t get a chance to watch the Va Tech/ODU game but I’m wondering how many times the broadcasters said “I can’t believe they’re doing this to a bud foster defense”

Or something with Bud foster defense

Why didn't Eason even want to compete against Fromm?

He wouldn't win the competition and the fanbase was already on Fromm's side. Fromm is the local kid and Eason was seen as the guy from across the country with no local ties. Honestly, going into last season they were rumblings that Fromm had outplayed Eason all spring and summer.

When you add to the fact that Fromm led us to our first conference title in 12 years and into the national championship game, it's easy to see why Eason chose to leave. I do respect Eason for being very mature about it though.

Last edited:
He's not this year but when Herbert is a first round pick next year, Costello will be. He just has it.

Throwing nothing but dangerous jump balls to to 6’7” receivers with a Heisman runner up RB in his backfield that every team has to account for every play, but HE has it. Hmm.

Very lucky. I haven't really followed him that closely, but he's regressed a great deal imo. Not sure how he was ever in the Heisman discussion.
2 back to back, back foot throws that should have been picked from a senior. :smh: He's holding the offense back.

Because John Ross.

Yes. Because us recruiting a player automatically makes them the best in the conference at their position. Can’t argue with that logic.

Clearly said he is second to Herbert, but you can't argue that a kid who has 24 touchdowns and 7 INTS in 15 starts ain't bad.

I didn’t say he’s bad. I’m saying he’s not as good right now as you’re making him out to be.

Clemson's not THAT good bros. I mean they're probably still top 5 but I haven't been blown away by what I've seen. They're the class of the ACC but they're not that ultra elite team everyone thinks they are.

There's Alabama, maybe tO$U, Georgia when they're not playing ******, then everyone else.

/hot take

Salute to Dabo tho.

A lot of coaches would have dragged this out another week to keep both. At least he's giving the kid a choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom