OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Quick hot take Radio Tua or Haskins?

Man... I REALLY REALLY like Haskins. I like Tua, but a lot of what he's doing is the product of an all 5 star supporting cast on offense. I think if you put Haskins in his place you get the same results. I don't know that Tua on Ohio State replicates what he's been doing at Bama. And I think Tua is a STUD. I also think he's a little overrated...Tu'a's a dog though so I won't take anything away from him.

It's gonna be a shame when the next Tosh Lupoi investigation erases him and Najee from the Bama record books.

(LOL as if the NCAA would ever let that happen.)

I been burned by over praising the first year starting QB before, at the rate he's going I'd take Haskins, just want to see what does down field, next season defenses will adjust but he looks like the number 1 pick in 2020

nako xl nako xl hey the reports said they were neck and neck lol. You have to also remember Joe is in an ancient offense and doesn’t get the opportunities to show his stuff as much. But yeah Haskins is way better thus far.

As far as Haskins vs Tua, neither has played a legit good team yet. Haskins first real test will be at Penn State this weekend in a white out night game. I thought TCU was a great win but maybe they aren’t as good as I thought or Texas is better than I thought.

But man is it nice to see a QB who is a skilled passer and not having 15 designed runs a game

I think both is true. TCU isn't very good (their QB is turrble) and Texas is better than expected - so much for "chollie left the cupboard bare."

As someone that watched that Texas game it's safe to say (@ThaxbyChamblis dog whistle) that Herman spent the whole offseason and weeks 1&2 repping for SC and TCU and it bit them in the *** with UMD and Tulsa. I have some thoughts about all the delicious home cooking they got the last two weeks from those garbage big12 refs...

safety-review-about-usc-vs-texas-on-fox-alternate-11_tu-n3200k_1280x720_1321536579880.jpg

But Texas is definitely better than expected.

Penn State isn't gonna be that big a test for Ohio State. I get that Happy Valley is a tough place to go on the road, especially for Ohio state but PSU's defense hasn't been very good and there's only so long that your offense can be "run the football and hope that Trace McSorley can pull some **** out of his hat" and expect to go undefeated.

Last edited:
Even before the rule change non freshmen could redshirt. OSU had a LB that RS as a junior a couple years back.

Also Herman's teams were incredibly erratic at Houston as well. He does a good job motivating his team as underdogs, but when he doesn't have that ploy to play his teams come out flat. You normally don't prep for specific teams during fall camp, the problem is cultral.

Last edited:
What’s scary about Haskins is technically he could leave after this year for the draft. He’s a redshirt sophomore so 3 years removed from high school. I doubt he will but you never know.

In other news :pimp:

Cavazos is currently an OSU commit. Which could always change

Also Herman's teams were incredibly erratic at Houston as well. He does a good job motivating his team as underdogs, but when he doesn't have that ploy to play his teams come out flat. You normally don't prep for specific teams during fall camp, the problem is cultral.
Going to be interesting to see what happens when Todd Orlando moves on...

They're winning still because their defense has been on point. Offense is still a train wreck.

Only thing that concerns me is the secondary giving up those prayer balls to the PSU receivers. I’m not too worried about the rush with Bosa being out. He definitely hurts but they are super deep on the D line.

PSU defense gave up a bit to the Illinois offense and other teams so far so it could be a shootout

Tua should win in a landslide, only problem is that he may not play enough cause Bama gone be blowing damn near everyone out.

Tua should win in a landslide, only problem is that he may not play enough cause Bama gone be blowing damn near everyone out.

That's going to help more than it will hurt. The take is going to be "Can you imagine how INSANE his numbers would be if he got to finish games!!!?"

Last edited:
I'm partial to QB's who have the ability to throw on the move and off multiple platforms, so I like Tua more, but Haskins has the bigger arm and the ability to make more of those "wow" throws down the field.

Kid's a gamer like Tua too tho. The aren't too many guys regardless of age who would have went into a OSU-Michigan game with the composure and confidence that he did.

Back
Top Bottom