OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Just be prepared, Top 10 isnt gonna happen. There’s no recruiting base for Nebraska. They’re not going to own kids from Cali and Texas any more. The move to the big ten put the nail in the coffin.

Nebraska never recruited TX like that under Osborne, that's a misnomer from Big XII fan bases still salty they left. The Osborne era only coincided with the Big XII era for two years, the majority of that run was in the Big 8, which had an even worse recruiting footprint than they have right now in the B1G.

http://sportstreatise.com/2018/01/1995-nebraska-and-the-myth-of-championship-recruiting/ this a good piece about their recruiting but to sum it up, they weren't that different than what Wisconsin is right now, they just had a better brand name that could convince guys like Frazier and Philips to go there, and one of the greatest coaches of all time in Tom Osborne.

The 90's aren't coming back because most likely Scott Frost isn't Tom Osborne, but there is no reason why they can't be a better version of Wisconsin (program wise not schematically) if they have their **** together.

Can’t be losing to Troy at home doe man... everyone gets caught now and then but you can’t lose that one.

Michigan’s gauntlet schedule starts next week with Maryland then Wisconsin. It’s going to be interesting

Arizona had first and goal from the USC 1-yard line (with 4:03 left and down 10) and took 8 plays, 4 penalties, and an overturned interception with a Pac 12 ref bs flag to score with 1:40 left on the clock.

Kevin Sumlin is terrible.

N41D N41D tmay407 tmay407
Man, I really thought Sumlin was gonna **** around and win 9 games this year with Tate at the helm. Sumlin's gotten lucky and ridden really good QBs to great first seasons at Houston and A&M, figured he might do the same at Arizona with Tate. Tate looks pretty silly after *****ing about getting to help pick the coach and being so happy about Sumlin getting picked though. Mazzone is a QB killer, and he's doing the same with Tate.

I'm not surprised the complete mismanagement of a team is showing up yet again with Sumlin but I figured it would at least hide itself for another season with inheriting a good QB.

In the end, Sumlin doesn't give one god damn. He's making a lot of money to enjoy living in a wonderful place out there in Tucson.

Well Tate wasn't allowed to run the first two games. Sumlin foolishly tried to force him to be a pocket QB and they looked awful twice. Then Sumlin decided to cut him loose and he got hurt. He was limping around all game against us.

Does Sumlin have a drinking problem?

Godfrey keeps dancing around the reason why he needed to take a "break" on PAPN.

I’ve heard it hinted about. But I’m not sure if he has a drinking problem like Lane Kiffin has a drinking problem or like Sark has a drinking problem.

I’ve heard it hinted about. But I’m not sure if he has a drinking problem like Lane Kiffin has a drinking problem or like Sark has a drinking problem.

If it's enough of a problem that someone should take a "break" because of it, we're in the disorder territory IMO.

Even then tho, time off wouldn't have simply have solved the problem if he's not willing to accept why he has a problem, and why the problem arose in the first place.

He used to have the Rumlin nickname a few years back

Remember when he was trying to slide in Tate Martell’s DMs talking about “Sark after Dark”?

upload_2018-10-1_9-31-9.png

He keeps doing that. Feel like it's kinda irresponsible journalism too.

Yea some **** you need to just leave to message board fodder.

He does it on other stuff. You can tell when Bill brings up the fact that Ed messed up hiring Canada, that Godfrey is holding back the truth, which is that hire was made over his head. This should be no different.

Back
Top Bottom