OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

People are reporting that they could see Clay took over calling all of the plays on the sideline in the first half when USC went up 17-0 and almost 24-0 til the refs ****** that up in their red zone. Then he no longer had the play sheet in the 2nd half and it seemed apparent Tee was calling all of the plays again and USC had to hold on 24-20.

Tee is the 2nd best recruiter on the roster to Gavin Morris (a GA). Do you demote him at the end of the year and risk losing him if it’s apparent he’s just an all out terrible OC, do you fire him now and try to salvage the season, or do you eventually hold on and hope he and you can grow as coaches?

Hearing a lot of Mark Richt comparisons with what’s going on right now.

Do people who expect Brohm to replace Bobby P at the end of the season forget Petrino is Brohm’s mentor?

Brohm’s not taking that job if he feels Bobby is getting pushed out the door.

Bobby retiring so Brohm can take over is the only scenario that I can see Brohm being there next year.

If the Brohm's weren't from Louisville and played there then I think it may be more of a sticking point, but I don't think he passes on it should it come to pass

I’ll be honest, I barley skimmed a lot y’all’s Sumlin complaints towards the end :lol:
I get it. :lol: Gotten the same way with Khakis updates.

But yeah, he's a drunk. And he's a disaster. Got to the point at A&M where he was more concerned with being a celebrity and maintaining his national perception than actually winning.

Only person in the media he'd talk to down the stretch was Bruce Feldman, because for some reason Feldman would just mouthpiece for him.

Feldman mouthpieces for a bunch of people. He sounds very different on his podcast and other popular National pods than he does when he’s on local shows with local analysts/reporters.

No one believes that

Go surf the 247 boards. A lot of people really do. And their mods aren't really discouraging them. They see the Clemson game last year, FSU and Clemson this year, and go "he's built 3 programs now and really turned Syracuse around!" He's been mentioned on a few pods the past few weeks also, as "a name that is going to come up for openings." What?

I didn't even realize he held on to all 3 timeouts during Clemson's final drive.

Go surf the 247 boards. A lot of people really do. And their mods aren't really discouraging them. They see the Clemson game last year, FSU and Clemson this year, and go "he's built 3 programs now and really turned Syracuse around!" He's been mentioned on a few pods the past few weeks also, as "a name that is going to come up for openings." What?

I didn't even realize he held on to all 3 timeouts during Clemson's final drive.

Dumb message board posters who want to fire their coach have a habit of throwing just about any name against the wall, and "a name that is going to come up for openings." ≠ "He deserves a top 15 job."

Is he the new name that's getting buzz on SC boards :lol:?

Dino walked into a good situation at BGSU, but he did a good job at EIU (discovered Jimmy G), and he's got Syracuse playing at the level they probably should be. SC should probably aim higher tho.

Dumb message board posters who want to fire their coach have a habit of throwing just about any name against the wall, and "a name that is going to come up for openings." ≠ "He deserves a top 15 job."

Dino walked into a good situation at BGSU, but he did a good job at EIU (discovered Jimmy G), and he's got Syracuse playing at the level they probably should be. SC should probably aim higher tho.
Jimmy G was good at EIU before Dino got there his last 2 years, they just damn near doubled his attempts so obviously his numbers shot up. Credit to him his senior year though cuz he finally got Jimmy's int's down

ENTIRELY TOO MUCH BUZZ. But I've seen him on other unhappy boards too and paid CFB writers keep saying things like "He's gonna get looks." If Mike Leach can't get a major job...

Jeff Fisher is waiting

It's not going to be Jeff Fisher (if they even fire Helton.) Fisher wants to stay in the NFL and people think the Rams turnaround is pretty damning. I'm not sure they hire any big name coach college or pro. If they do it's going to be Swann or someone in the administration going rogue and forcing.

Jeff Fisher is waiting
queen.gif

was rooting for the Cardinals heavy yesterday. Need the Seahawks to keep losing and the players to bail on Pete.

I believe

Back
Top Bottom