OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Posters on the SC board are saying Leach has a rep as a heavy drinker with a penchant for chasing chasing coeds and that plus his other off field gaffes is what keeps ADs from considering him for major positions. Should we just assume that, if true, half the coaches in CFB like coaching in college for the partying and inappropriate dalliances?
Your boards have really been ******* stuck in the the mid-to-late 2000s for some time. Pete Carroll is still an elite college coach, Kevin Sumlin isn't an extremely well known alcoholic, and now poor Mike Leach has a drinking problem.

what kind of injury? Thats rough

I completely forgot about McCarthy. I would have bet you he was a pro bowler by now

was Lindsey the kid that got into beef with Tate? He stayed with him in high school and was butt hurt because Tate decided to go his own route, or something like that?

was Lindsey the kid that got into beef with Tate? He stayed with him in high school and was butt hurt because Tate decided to go his own route, or something like that?

Yes except Tate was mad Lindsey committed to NU instead of Ohio State and threw shade at him starting a public beef.

Gotta love that 3 millie buyout for David Beaty. Paging, Booth, paging David Booth.

Jimmy Sexton is the best in the biz

Jimmy-Sexton.jpg

On a sadder note, RIP C.J. Fuller. Anyone know what happened? Articles I read were vague; however, I did read a post that mentioned “he was battling demons ...”

Last edited:
Jimmy-Sexton.jpg

On a sadder note, RIP C.J. Fuller. Anyone know what happened? Articles I read were vague; however, I did read a post that mentioned “he was battling demons ...”

A poster on r/cfb said it was a blood clot that traveled to his heart from an ACL surgery.

RIP

In regards to what Max Browne said about JT not selling the read options, USC insider Gerard Martinez wrote:

"I said this with Kessler, Darnold and I've already mentioned it with Daniels. To run from the shotgun successfully, JT needs to carry the football roughly three to four times a game. If he can't get a good six yards a carry on those carries, the defense will not respect the read action. In that case, USC should be running an air raid and ditching the read action altogether. Just hand the ball off and speed up the run game with more offset formations. At least then you get more of a downhill running game with the tailback squaring up his shoulders to the line of scrimmage when he takes the hand off."

Basically he's saying that if SC won't have Daniels keep the ball 4-5 times a game then it maks zero sense running the ball out of shotgun and he should be under center.

Back
Top Bottom