OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Fully guaranteed $75millie... :lol: A&M wasn't playing around.

That **** on CJ Fuller is crazy. My wife just spent a week in the hospital after a blood clot developed in her lung... Scary ****.

Yea it's ****** up, something similar happened to my uncle (and my Dad's twin brother) before I was born. Dude got into a car accident and was supposed to make a full recovery, but one night a blood clot traveled to his brain and that was it.

Yea it's ****ed up, something similar happened to my uncle (and my Dad's twin brother) before I was born. Dude got into a car accident and was supposed to make a full recovery, but one night a blood clot traveled to his brain and that was it.
Scary stuff and really difficult to detect. My wife's got Cystic Fibrosis so she's a little more aware of issues she's feeling with her lungs and chest.

Otherwise, it's really likely we'd have had no idea something was going on because it's really easy to overlook just not feeling right.

Yeah, I hadn't realized blood clots were that common until the Chris Bosh story and then it's happened to 3 of my family since. One aunt travels internationally for work and was told that may have played a role.

Wow just read that after the ND game boosters were gonna fire Clay last year and had money together to hire Chip (he's only making about $1M more than Clay at UCLA. Maybe not even that.)... And they're genuinely having the talks again now.

Wow... after the ND game boosters were gonna fire Clay last year and had money together to hire Chip (he's only making about $1M more than Clay at UCLA. Maybe not even that.)... And they're genuinely having the talks again now.
You ready for JDR?

If Chip was the target last year ...maybe there's something to this Pete Carroll talk? Idk if that's a good thing. I think it is?
fingers.gif

Don’t forget Urban meyer too

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic but there's boosters who would love to throw money at Urban. Zero chance imo he'd ever take it and no chance the admin lets anyone make that hire with all of the school's title ix and serial sexual assaulter doctor issues currently.

Compared to California, Texas has much less emphasis on private quarterback coaches and the resulting hype and specialization. While there certainly is a market for private instruction, the high school program tends to be more of a focal point in a Texas quarterback’s development as opposed to a personal coach. As a result, players are often less mechanical and more well-rounded, leading to higher upsides. Southern California is the epicenter of the private quarterback coaching industry, yet just two NFL starters hail from metro Los Angeles.

This part was interesting.

Compared to California, Texas has much less emphasis on private quarterback coaches and the resulting hype and specialization. While there certainly is a market for private instruction, the high school program tends to be more of a focal point in a Texas quarterback’s development as opposed to a personal coach. As a result, players are often less mechanical and more well-rounded, leading to higher upsides. Southern California is the epicenter of the private quarterback coaching industry, yet just two NFL starters hail from metro Los Angeles.

This part was interesting.

How many NFL starters are from Texas? Brees, Mahomes, Luck...

Ex-USC CB Jack Jones has felony charges reduced
4:12 PM ET

Former USC Trojans cornerback Jack Jones will not face felony charges for his involvement in a burglary of a Panda Express restaurant, his attorney said Friday.

Jones, along with two others, was arrested in June and faced felony charges of commercial burglary and felony conspiracy to commit a crime, but a plea agreement reduced those charges to a misdemeanor count of commercial burglary, attorney Jamal Tooson wrote in a statement.

"As part of this plea, Jack will be on unsupervised probation and expects house arrest in lieu of any jail time," Tooson's statement said. "Jack is extremely grateful to the Court for the dismissal and looks forward to putting this incident behind him."

Less technical coaching and more offensive systems that lean heavily on the QB from 7th and 8th grade on up. They're hammered and repped mentally HARD from like Age 12.

These guys are put in positions to make plays in spread offenses immediately when they take the field. And you either make plays, or someone else comes in and makes plays for you.

7-on-7 and the offensive schemes down here that people have ripped and pulled from Leach, Briles, etc. ...

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic but there's boosters who would love to throw money at Urban. Zero chance imo he'd ever take it and no chance the admin lets anyone make that hire with all of the school's title ix and serial sexual assaulter doctor issues currently.

I was half serious, wasn’t he part of the rumor though?

Back
Top Bottom