OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Fields is going to be great. But y'all really think he's just coming in midgame and looking good against that defense in his first real action against competition in that environment already down big? Doubt that.
The jig is up on Fromm..the seniors from last season carried him. He missed 3 touchdowns and held on to the ball too long yesterday. Game reminds me a lot of the auburn game.
Cats weren't trying to hear that he's a good game manager.

Fields is going to be great. But y'all really think he's just coming in midgame and looking good against that defense in his first real action against competition in that environment already down big? Doubt that.

Fields would’ve definitely made a big difference,Georgia was only down 10 by the end of the 3rd... think about it through camp the kid was performing at a high level, Fromm was given that job based off last year results. Kirby and Co made themselves look pretty stupid making Fields a RB an even still it resulted in a TD. In that situation you put Fields in for the entire second half whatever happens you live with it and use those 2 weeks to prepare Fields for Florida.

saying UGA would have won if Fields would have started in the 2nd half is pretty idiotic though. While I'm a huge fan of Fields, he;s shown NOTHING to come up with a statement like that. They don't even let him throw the ball.

Ya'll got beat. Thats all.

Funny how everyone blaming Fromm like that D didn’t curb stomped. Maybe just maybe the entire team is not as advertised.

Funny how everyone blaming Fromm like that D didn’t curb stomped. Maybe just maybe the entire team is not as advertised.

They hadn't played anybody all year. First real team they go up against and got punched in the mouth and never responded.

Yeah because Fromm and the offense kept going what ? punting..LSU has a short field everytime as well because of poor punting. Add context before you speak.

Shut the **** up ...the touchdown we got was a result of Fields being on the field. Down 10 going into the 4th he def would’ve gave Georgia a chance to win..saying it’s idiotic proves you don’t know ****. Especially when Fromm has stunk it up multiple times already just for Fields to come in the game and the results have been touchdowns.
How is it so obvious to you but not to people who’ve been in the coaching profession their entire career?
You honestly ever ask yourself how is it you know so much but aren’t coaching a team somewhere?
Man just be a fan:lol:

UGA thinks they have a seat at the table because they went 13-2 last year.

When you're use to winning you understand the game more unlike some ...

Kirby played scared..fields should’ve been in the game the start of the second half..he starts the second half UGA more than likely pulls a close one out.

The jig is up on Fromm..the seniors from last season carried him. He missed 3 touchdowns and held on to the ball too long yesterday. Game reminds me a lot of the auburn game.

I think Jake is going to start for Florida :lol: Kirby is looking pretty pathetic right now even with just 1 loss because it’s one that could’ve been avoided.

I saw a stat last night that was really startling. Georgia has only scored one offensive touchdown in the first half of the three row games this season (18 possessions). That's just crazy, we can't keep getting off to these bad starts against good teams.

Regarding the quarterback situation, I view Jake Fromm as a very good game manager but he has a lot of Dak Prescott in him. When things are going well around him, he can play well but he doesn't have the ability to truly turn the tides of a game like the elite QBs can.

the most frustrating part about the way George uses Justin Fields is that they never allow him to pass. Kirby says that they're not using him as a wildcat quarterback, but they only let him throw passes in garbage time.

I realize that college football is totally different from high school and there are plenty of guys who were great in HS and don't develop into good college players but the fact that Kirby won't let this guy throw the ball under any circumstances is troubling. The kid one MVP of Elite 11 and was making pro-level reads and throws in high school, why not let him pass for five times a game. When he's in the game the defense is put 9 in the box and the receivers have 1-on-1 coverage on the outside. Let's the kid throw it.

/rant

Last edited:

If you're going to make that switch, you're better of giving a kid that young a weeks worth of first team reps before you do it.

Tua is an anomaly, there's a decent chance that if they threw Fields out there cold like that he would have folded and now you have two QB's whose confidence is ****, and probably a divided locker room.

I hope UGA fans know too that this **** isn't Madden and you can't just yank one guy out for the other one depending on the situation :lol:. Spurrier is the only guy who got away it, and I doubt if he was in his prime coaching today that he'd still be able to with the mentality of these kids. If the switch is made it needs to be final because Fromm is out the first door as soon as he has the chance.

1 Alabama(60) 7-0 1524
2 Ohio State(1) 7-0 1457 1
3 Clemson 6-0 1392 1
4 Notre Dame 7-0 1355 1
5 LSU 6-1 1244 8
6 Michigan 6-1 1146 6
7 Texas 6-1 1144 2
8 Georgia 6-1 1085 6
9 Oklahoma 5-1 999 2
10 UCF 6-0 979 —
11 Florida 6-1 931 3
12 Oregon 5-1 917 5
13 West Virginia 5-1 700 7
14 Kentucky 5-1 678 4
15 Washington 5-2 640 8
16 NC State 5-0 592 4
17 Texas A&M 5-2 551 5
18 Penn State 4-2 523 10
19 Iowa 5-1 266 NR
20 Cincinnati 6-0 243 5
21 South Florida 6-0 242 2
22 Mississippi State 4-2 231 2
23 Wisconsin 4-2 226 8
24 Michigan State 4-2 199 NR
25 Washington State 5-1 136 NR

It’s so tough being a USC fan man. I don’t know what I’m supposed to want to happen anymore. Our fan base is over here booing wins.

My thing w/ Fields is if you’re gonna put him in, put him in. Give him a chance to be a true dual threat instead of just a reincarnation of the Belldozer.

On the other hand, the UGA coaches see him up close and personal everyday so I'd have to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that there is some reason why they haven't let him put the ball in the air? I certainly don't think Fields alone would have won them the game but who's to say that he wouldn't have been able to make a play or 2 to stem the tide that was going against them in the game.

Or maybe it just boils down to Chaney gonna Chaney.

And they just lost to Florida last week :lol:. UGA was a little overrated coming into the game already. No Sony and Chubb, plus they lost so much talent on defense.

My thing w/ Fields is if you’re gonna put him in, put him in. Give him a chance to be a true dual threat instead of just a reincarnation of the Belldozer.

On the other hand, the UGA coaches see him up close and personal everyday so I'd have to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that there is some reason why they haven't let him put the ball in the air? I certainly don't think Fields alone would have won them the game but who's to say that he wouldn't have been able to make a play or 2 to stem the tide that was going against them in the game.

Or maybe it just boils down to Chaney gonna Chaney.

True. If they're going to bring Fields in, they should bring him in for an entire series. I don't understand the benefit of bring him in for one play and then taking him back out. Goes inside the program are saying he's playing really well at practice. why not let him throw it against one on one coverage a couple times a game to keep the defense honest?

The staff is definitely in a tough spot. They're trying to keep two five-star quarterbacks happy in order to avoid the Clemson situation. Georgia only has two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, if one of them were to transfer it would really put us in a bad spot going forward.

Regarding Chaney, I feel like ke a kid with too many toys at his disposal. For example, Holyfield averaged 8 yards per carry and was running over people and only got 7 carries. Swift was effective as well, he averaged 6 yards per carry and then we had 12 carries. The fact that those two were playing as well as they were and only got 19 touches between them is perplexing.

For example, right after the Holyfield touchdown run where he dragged half the LSU defense into the end zone, we put our 3rd string running back in. I don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom