OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

hope you guys don't blow the load on that bum Kayvon Thibodeux. Oregon deserves his big mouth

Heading out to watch the Bosco/Oaks Christian game tonight and i'm still pissed he isn't playing. Was looking forward to him getting his *** dragged

Did your nephew’s team win?

Michigan opens as a 3.5 point favorite
First time since 2011, also the last time they beat us. Last time Michigan won in Columbus was 2000.

McFarland gashed us, man. I get he's in peak form and cooked against Indiana too, but our run D is an abomination. Still have nightmares over what Knox did to us in West Lafayette.

Chase Young had a big play on Pigrome on the last drive of regulation yesterday. Similar to the huge stop he made on McSorley in Happy Valley.

It’ll probably be 42-7 this time

Lord knows the buckeyes won’t show up

Ehhh, I dunno. The game is still in Columbus and Ohio State still owns Michigan until further notice. I hate to make the comparison, but this reminds me of Georgia vs Florida in that, I need to see Michigan beat Ohio State before I believe it. Ohio state has won 12 out of 13 in this rivarly

As any Georgia fan will tell you, there were many years that Georgia had a better team than Florida but they still lost because it was in their head. I feel like it's the same way with Michigan. Don't be surprised if you see Michigan make uncharacteristic mistakes they haven't made all season against Ohio State.

Ohio state has won 12 out of 13 in this rivarly...
13 out of 14 technically, but who's counting.

At this point of the season, just gotta hope for the 'bend but don't break' philosophy defensively. Higdon will get his yards on the ground, but if we can limit RZ TDs into FGs, I like our chances at the Horseshoe.

Cant see Michigan winning in CBus because I was a Soph in HS the last time they did it... Hope this year is different but that is a lot of L's in the last decade plus.

Y’all are due to win one eventually, if there’s ever a year it’s this one. Normally I’d say this team is firing on all cylinders and wouldn’t be worried but they’ve gotten worse throughout the season. And if we do win I hope they don’t put us in the playoff. The only top 3 team I could see them even keeping it close with is Notre Dame and that’s a stretch. But like y’all said anything can happen in this game

In other news, local radio reported there were a grand total of 575 people left in the stands in the second half of the Iowa/Illinois game. A stadium that holds 60k. Illinois has always been bad but damn this is a new low. 63-0 to Iowa on senior day. Should’ve never fired Zook

Last edited:
Does Alex Grinch regret going to OSU this season?

I know he's an Ohio guy and Campbell if he gets the job will probably keep him on because of the Mount Union connection, but another good year at Wazzu could have landed him a job like Colorado potentially.

In hindsight I still think you could make the argument that it was the right move at the time, but as of right now it's looking like a mistake.

Ricky Town was the #79 player in the country according to the composite. Osa Masina was the #1 LB. Bryce Dixon. Jack Jones. Bubba Bolden. Levi Jones. A lot of the 4 and 5 star players in that composite rating aren't on the team this year (20+ of them to be exact - or put simply, an entire recruiting class worth of players.)

Part of that is discipline and development, part of it is evaluation. Zero excuse for finishing 5-7 though.

How is there no excuse when you just gave the excuse (or moreso the reason) right before it? lol

Whether you like or accept the excuse is different. But the reason are the reasons

SC’s been sub .500 four times since 1962. Lane and Sark (And Clay) had teams with 47 scholarship athletes on them and still managed 7-9 wins. Clay and co can’t be out here finishing 5 and 7 with a better roster in that weak *** conference.

Last edited:

From the “insider”:

Spoke to the Third Wiseman---who has known Meyer as long as anyone and he weighed in with this note....

"Been thinking about this a lot---and have spoken to a number of people---and I believe this will be the final season for Urban Meyer at Ohio State.

His newfound "spark" to me is more of an acceptance of his future--as opposed to a new beginning.

I think his health is an issue. I think a lack of support from higher ups in admin is an issue. And I truly don't believe he will coach again.

I think he finishes with the Michigan game, BIG Championship and bowl/playoff and then calls it quits.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong---but you probably know that I don't believe that I am...

I think its the end of the road...."

What’s ironic is just last week another “insider” said that Urban was back and ready to roll :lol:

From the “insider”:

Spoke to the Third Wiseman---who has known Meyer as long as anyone and he weighed in with this note....

"Been thinking about this a lot---and have spoken to a number of people---and I believe this will be the final season for Urban Meyer at Ohio State.

His newfound "spark" to me is more of an acceptance of his future--as opposed to a new beginning.

I think his health is an issue. I think a lack of support from higher ups in admin is an issue. And I truly don't believe he will coach again.

I think he finishes with the Michigan game, BIG Championship and bowl/playoff and then calls it quits.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong---but you probably know that I don't believe that I am...

I think its the end of the road...."

What’s ironic is just last week another “insider” said that Urban was back and ready to roll :lol:

That's from nevadabuck right? I've heard from some Michigan guys that he's one of Cowherd's sources.

I think Meyer might be done after this season as tOSU's HC, but I still think he coaches somewhere else after this. 2-3 years from now the Zach Smith stuff is going to be in the rearview, and there will be a school willing to go all in.

That's from nevadabuck right? I've heard from some Michigan guys that he's one of Cowherd's sources.

I think Meyer might be done after this season as tOSU's HC, but I still think he coaches somewhere else after this. 2-3 years from now the Zach Smith stuff is going to be in the rearview, and there will be a school willing to go all in.

Yeah NevadaBuck. I don’t get on that message board at all but a buddy posted it. But then again that’s the same nevadabuck who said this team is going to be fired up after the Purdue loss and there’d be huge changes defensively :lol:

nako xl nako xl

image0.jpg

Is this one not over yet too? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom