OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Big recruiting win for the Dawgs. The single biggest improvement the Coach Smart has brought to Georgia recruiting wise has been to the offensive line. Richt was great at gettingskill-position guys but we always lacked up front.

We have a solid class overall. I see us getting another handful of five stars as well.

Big recruiting win for the Dawgs. The single biggest improvement the Coach Smart has brought to Georgia recruiting wise has been to the offensive line. Richt was great at gettingskill-position guys but we always lacked up front.

We have a solid class overall. I see us getting another handful of five stars as well.

Nice. But how many 5 stars does it take to win a national championship? Asking for a friend (Clay Helton.)

He wants to be a package deal with Bru McCoy. Only school that could happen at is Texas except Herman keeps giving Bru dumb pitches.
How often do those package deals pan out? Especially with a kid from the opposite coast? He wasn't going anywhere but Bam, man. UF put his brother on scholarship and he's still going to Bama.

Nice. But how many 5 stars does it take to win a national championship? Asking for a friend (Clay Helton.)

Honestly, if you look at the last decade you need at least 10 five stars on your roster to win a championship. The only exceptions are when you have generational players like Cam Newton.

Are the Puppies getting Haselwood and Stevenson?

I don't know about Stevenson.

Hazelwood seems like a real mystery to me. He's taking an official visit to Georgia this weekend. If I were him, I'd much rather go to Georgia, whose shown they have good passing game and future NFL quarterbacks on their roster as opposed to Miami who looks like they can't complete a forward pass half the time but who knows.

Them kids love the attention ... if Sanders or Neal go anywhere other than Alabama, I’d be really surprised.

casper90403 casper90403 Doesn't look like what your boy said about Colorado and Tee/Kenechi is happening according to Football Scoop:

Colorado: Along with Darrin Chiaverini and Darian Hagan, inside linebackers coach Ross Ells and defensive line coach Kwahn Drake will also be retained on Mel Tucker’s staff, per Brian Howell. Earlier this morning we reported that Jay Johnson would be joining Tucker’s staff as offensive coordinator after two seasons on the Georgia staff.

former Tennessee head coach Butch Jones could be up and out of Tuscaloosa after just one year, as sources told FootballScoop on Monday that Jones has been offered an associate head coach position on Locksley’s new Maryland staff.

Sources also indicated Jones’ position would include oversight over the offense, though it is not likely to include an offensive coordinator title.

Former USC offensive coordinator Tee Martin has been approached to be Locksley’s offensive coordinator at Maryland, sources said. Locksley originally offered the job to another one of his Crimson Tide colleagues in Josh Gattis, but Gattis is reportedly in the running for the open Appalachian State head coaching position and, as we reported at the time, Saban could make a play to keep Gattis — and Saban usually gets what he wants.

Saban could also make a play to keep Jones, so it is not a done deal that Jones will join Locksley in College Park; but current indications are a deal will be reached.

Florida out here putting parents in gear for photo ops :lol:

Last edited:
Mel Tucker leaving threw a wrench in the DB recruiting, mostly just for Kaiir Elam. Would be very surprised if we don't hold on to Stevenson and get Haselwood back.

10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln : You remember Garrison Hearst or you one of those wet behind the ears dawg fans ?

I was an Atlanta Falcons/Braves/Hawks fan only back then. Lived right across the street from the Georgia Dome and walked to games with my dad. Went to my first UGA game with my church in like '94-'95, been hooked ever since.

Exactly. UGA site is good at making them think they're getting everybody too, though.

All sites are doing that right now, it's a week before Signing Day, they gotta get the clicks/subs. :rolleyes Sanders and Neal (Bama silent) just came off of official visits to UGA with Nolan Smith. They're on 'visit highs' right now, but don't be surprised if Sanders chooses us.

As yall know, this stuff is fluid. This time last year Kirby flipped guys from O$U (5* Brenton Cox), Vols (5* Cade Mays), LSU (5* Adam Anderson), Mich (4* Otis Reese) and stole a 4* WR from Texas, a 5* CB from Miami, and a 5* ILB from South Carolina. Stop trying Kirby like he aint the best recruiter in the business. Bama has 2-3 recruits committed that Kirby turned away.. Soon you'll understand.

DuEHKPDWoAEjpoW.jpg

zx.jpg

wait, you guys didn't see the photo op with the Mom and her son in their 2 point stance? Mom looked like she could play guard. Had the Florida jersey on and everything.

Honestly, I never really understood the Justin Fields transfer rumors anyway. More than likely, Jake Fromm is going pro next season (look at any 2020 NFL mock draft and you'll see that from has a first-round grade). I never saw the point in Fields transferring and sitting out a year when he could just stay at Georgia and be in the same position going into his Junior season.

Back
Top Bottom