OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

It's a tough deal going to the service academies. They have to wear uniform every single day, your freshman year you have to wear uniform all the time even when you're off campus and on the weekends.

Of course you have to go to every single class, take a full course load and to get reprimanded if you're late to any class. That's outside of all the physical requirements and military stuff you have to do.

then on top of that you're not a regular college kid, you can't go out and drink and have sex. You're effectively in the military while college

My uncle was an Annapolis graduate and a Marine. He just retired out of Pendleton. I was a Senior Chief until year 14 and became a Warrant. Hit 23 years a few days ago actually. He’s the only commissioned officer in our family that went to a service academy. The rest, OCS, or in my case, selected for Warrant.

I was actually selected and turned down LT in ‘15 (CWO-to-LT program in the CG) because of my specialty, making Commander isn’t very likely, and it isn’t very translatable since I’m not pilot. In fact, im the only member of an air station wardroom that isn’t a pilot. So, as an Aviation Engineering Warrant and non-pilot, I’d never see an air station again. Plus there are only 3 places I could be stationed; no thanks. Anyway, I knew I was penciled in for San Diego as a Warrant and DC as a LT, so I declined the appointment. When the music stops for me, W-4 and O-4 are essentially the same pay for retirement. No W-5s in the CG, so I’ll be a W-4 for a while. In any case, my family members are either Marines or CG. One outlier was my great uncle. He was UDT before SEALS and still lives in Coronado to this day. He went to Dartmouth and was a OCSer like yourself.

A little know fact from your friendly puddle jumper. In ‘10/‘11 timeframe, we had a program/service agreement with the Navy. We sent 6 members to BUDS and surprisingly, 4 or 5 (3 definitely finished) made it through all of the training, plus the follow-on training and became SEALS. They were given the option to return the Coast Guard after like 4 years of working with the Navy, but I don’t think any returned. Would definitely be odd to be walking around and see a Trident on a CG uniform. Lastly, I’m actually penciled in for Savannah this coming summer. :tongue:

CF1F7487-3A62-4C3A-B73D-8B519D0B2189.jpeg

a8ff31feecc41088319ed05283c3f9b7.jpg

Last edited:
Dax Hill flips from Michigan to Bama... Crazy what winning big games gets ya as opposed to peeing down your leg whenever you have a big game.

He’s probably smart enough to go the MLB route before NFL though

The build up on this ceremony makes me feel like ESPN is setting it up for Tua to win.

You think the scouts ask him to change positions like they tried to with Lamar Jackson ?

I think he makes it pretty simple...He enters draft as a QB, workouts out as a QB and if teams want him to switch positions or just don't want him as a Q, he goes the baseball route. Hopefully he's smart about it and doesn't pass up a chance at gauranteed money in baseball opposed to non-guaranteed at a position he doesn't want to play.

if i recall, he made it known he wanted to play hoops. He made the right choice.

One of my first favorite athletes ever...Get's drafted to play baseball, wins the heisman in football, but has a long career as an NBA basketball player. That's too awesome.

@10508 cardo jr ln @kicks2024 @LowLifeMac

This is coming from a very reliable source on the Rivals board.

Totally on board with Brian Herrien transferring. He's going into his senior season and his role isn't likely to increase, he's a good back in a bad situation. Good luck to him.

I can understand Holyfield leaving too, he's proven that he's an NFL back and I don't know how much he improves his draft stock by playing another year. Also, with Swift, Cook, a healthy Zamir White and either Cain or Sanders coming in as a five-star freshman, I see the backfield being very crowded. If he came back for his senior year, he likely not get as many carries as he got this year.

I can understand it Ridley going as well, I think he could improve his draft stock if he came back but I can understand him leaving. We'd still be fine at receiver next year though. We'd have to feature DRob more and we have a 5 stars receivers (hopefully two) coming in to accompany Mecole and Holloman.

Losing Nauta we're hurt the most. I've always felt that Nauta us criminally underutilized. Honestly, I foresee him being a better player in the pros than he's been at Georgia. I guess Luke Ford would have to step up big next year.

I'm not sure how high Blankenship would get drafted, if at all. He should come back get his degree, have a good year next season and then go pro after his senior year.

Regarding old the recruiting stuff. He's predicting a couple of big flips and commitments over the next couple of weeks that will put us at #1 in the recruiting ranking.

Attachments

• IMG_2066.jpg
    IMG_2066.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom