OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

SC got 20 LOIs today but only announced 18. Even if we count Ben Griffith the Australian punter, that’s only 19.

Hmm.

SC got 20 LOIs today but only announced 18. Even if we count Ben Griffith the Australian punter, that’s only 19.

Hmm.
YEP

jack1.gif

Jaelan Phillips is on a cruise. Before he left he got in touch with USC. I don’t think that he’s medically retiring.

A Polo and gym shorts is going to be my new thing. Maybe some Air Monarchs or New Balance to tie it all in. Coach O out here setting trends :nthat:

Maybe they should quit using them janky *** fax machines, they should have gotten Sanders LOI. Anyone remember why they even use those relics still? Good Lord man ... probably using AOL still, too.

Last edited:
and if they don't, you won't?

You guys are fine regardless.

You're right :lol:, but it's all relative.

Holyfield coming back gives us the opportunity to have the same backfield as this year except we'll have the #1 running back from last cycle, Zamir White, getting carries.

The least important returning players would be the receivers though. I'd love to have Hardeman and Ridley back, but we have so many talented receivers on the roster that aren't getting playing time (Holloman, Tommy Bush, Demetrius Robertson, Blaylock and hopefully Hazelwood) I'm not all that concerned if they go.

The most important of that group would definitely be Nauta, especially if Ford decides to transfers. Maybe the light went off and Jake Fromm's head during the SECCG that, "hey maybe I should throw it to this guy, he's consistently open". He's criminally underutilized and I think he has the opportunity to raise his draft stock with a successful senior season.

Last edited:
You're right :lol:, but it's all relative.

Holyfield coming back gives us the opportunity to have the same backfield as this year except we'll have the #1 running back from last cycle, Zamir White, getting carries.

The least important returning players would be the receivers though. I'd love to have Hardeman and Ridley back, but we have so many talented receivers on the roster that aren't getting playing time (Holloman, Tommy Bush, Demetrius Robertson, Blaylock and hopefully Hazelwood) I'm not all that concerned if they go.

The most important of that group would definitely be Nauta, especially if Ford decides to transfers. Maybe the light went off and Jake Fromm's head during the SECCG that, "hey maybe I should throw it to this guy, he's consistently open". He's criminally underutilized and I think he has the opportunity to raise his draft stock with a successful senior season.

Nauta and Ridley are the most likely to go. Holyfield’s a back. Limited pro half life

Is Nauta really that good? Haselwood gone to OU, don't even think he was really considering y'all this last month. Seems like Ridley was leaning towards coming back a few weeks ago and that shocked me.

Is Nauta really that good? Haselwood gone to OU, don't even think he was really considering y'all this last month. Seems like Ridley was leaning towards coming back a few weeks ago and that shocked me.

Nauta is that good, he was the rare 5 star tight end going out of college. We just don't throw the ball that much and we don't utilize the tight end when we do throw it. He's consistently open. He's the type of player who will be a better pro than he was in college.

Those rankings don't mean anything when you get on the field. :lol: He's not really explosive at that size. Wonder what draft grade he's getting right now.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ultures-that-have-gotten-worse-in-recruiting/

At his signing day news conference Wednesday afternoon, Petersen wasn’t speaking directly about four-star recruit Asa Turner when he bemoaned “the vultures” that have been circling some of the prospects who have had long-standing commitments to Washington.

But it was clear what Petersen meant.

“I think about three or four years ago, or certainly when I first got here, I felt zero (suspense),” Petersen said Wednesday afternoon. “Like the night before, I didn’t think about it twice. … And I think as the recruiting situation has — I’m trying to think of the right words — gotten worse, it can be painful. The vultures and the lowdown tactics that (are) going on behind closed doors — now I think about it a little bit more than I did.”

How much worse has it gotten?

“I don’t know,” he said. “We just operate such a different way, so when it happens to the guys that have been committed to us — why would you be calling those kids? They’ve been committed to us forever. But they do. And they’re sending texts and doing all this stuff just to see if there’s any slight change (of a change of heart), and if there is — look out. I think it’s hard. These are kids. And even the families that are going through this stuff for the first time. But it’s the nature of the beast.”

small-violin.gif

UW been negative recruiting the **** out of us and threatening to drop recruits who take additional visits. They stole Julius Irvin AFTER he committed to SC. Now he's mad other schools coming for their top kids :lol:

Rick Neuheisel said today that two different people close to Urban Meyer (read: agents) told him that Urban is just recharging his batteries and getting healthy and will push to be the next USC coach.

Multiple recruits who have spoken to Lynn Swann, who is actively recruiting kids since we have 3 people on our entire support staff, said he's telling them Clay is going to be the coach forever. :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom