OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of they pump out o linemen and d linemen for sure but it feels like they have an occasional offensive skill player go pro and then wash out of the league fairly quickly every year. Don’t they also take in a fair amount of transfers/Jucos for kind of a decent academic school too?

They get a ton out of 3 stars but part of that success is being the (now) gimmick 2 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

No, it's one of the reasons Anderson left besides Alvarez being a control freak. Wiscky is admissions are some of the stingiest in the conference as well. Outside of Nebraska, Iowa, and occasionally OSU and MSU, no one in the B1G really recruits the JC's like that.

The RB's washout because their RB's are not that good and a product of that OL.

What’s with all the recent drug test failures? The NCAA actually testing for PEDs and not just weed? Shocked more Bama players didn’t fail.

Ostarine's been know to show up in OTC supps.

Not saying these guys aren't using, and I haven't jumped on the bike myself yet, but I don't really know why a D1 athlete would use SARMS instead of the real thing. IIRC there was a time guys were using it because the NCAA and the testing agencies hadn't caught on yet, but that's over now.

Unless Blake hires an OC & OL coach over richt's head he can smd, no program talks more and does less than us

The best option really is a firing or a resignation too much money involved for me to believe that will happen

Last edited:
Baylor doing everything they can to give this game away. That Big XII tackling. :sick:

Edit: Good thing for that Big XII quick score explosion too though.

Unless Blake hires an OC & OL coach over richt's head he can smd, no program talks more and does less than us

The best option really is a firing or a resignation too much money involved for me to believe that will happen
Hopefully Jarren Williams doesn't transfer and they give him a chance. Got a lot of talent and can't be worse than what they had this season

I think Tate graduates in the Spring ( I may be wrong) so I’m 99% sure he’d be gone. Hell I can’t say it’ll hurt, we’ve never seen him throw a meaningful pass since he’s been here
despite his lack of meaningful minutes, people were calling for him to replace Haskins during the year LOL

Dre : Some rival fans talking tough about flipping the kids we got .

upload_2018-12-28_10-56-45.png

———

:lol:

Last edited:

LOL. How embarrassing does it have to be for the AD to put out a statement after the bowl game?

who would've ever imagined the U getting to this point

Hot Take:

Miami really shouldn't have National Title aspirations anymore.

1. They're not committed financially to winning titles. They're not willing to pay their coaches, assistants and support staff the amount necessary to recruit and retain top talent. Also, they're not willing to invest into facilities at a championship level. Their AD needs to put his money where his mouth is before he starts expecting conference and national titles

2. Times have changed in recruiting. Recruiting is national now and the top talent in South Florida isn't going to the U. Georgia, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. all have pipelines into South Florida. Recruiting has gotten better as a whole. Player evaluations are more accurate and talent is identified earlier on. There are still gems out there but gone are the days of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor slipping through the cracks and ending up at Miami as 3-stars. With 7-on-7s, social media, Hudl, etc., every recruit can get their tape out there. For the most part, recruiting services and coaching staffs know who the good players are

Looking forward to Washington State/Iowa State later. I don't see why that can't be one of the better bowl games this season. Very intriguing matchup.

Hot Take:

Miami really shouldn't have National Title aspirations anymore.

1. They're not committed financially to winning titles. They're not willing to pay their coaches, assistants and support staff the amount necessary to recruit and retain top talent. Also, they're not willing to invest into facilities at a championship level. Their AD needs to put his money where his mouth is before he starts expecting conference and national titles

2. Times have changed in recruiting. Recruiting is national now and the top talent in South Florida isn't going to the U. Georgia, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. all have pipelines into South Florida. Recruiting has gotten better as a whole. Player evaluations are more accurate and talent is identified earlier on. There are still gems out there but gone are the days of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor slipping through the cracks and ending up at Miami as 3-stars. With 7-on-7s, social media, Hudl, etc., every recruit can get their tape out there. For the most part, recruiting services and coaching staffs know who the good players are
There's so many wrong parts about what you're saying that I don't even know where to start.

Miami not being willing to pay or not having facilities is factually inaccurate. Just built an IPF, play a state of the art stadium, etc.

Recruiting piece was a myth as well. Sean Taylor was a highly rated, top recruit. Ed Reed is a red herring for any recruiting situation, just like a JJ Watt at Wisky.

Since 2001, Miami has finished:
2001 - 8
2002 - 5
2003 - 4
2004 - 3
2005 - 9
2006 - 12
2007 - 13
2008 - 1
2009 - 16
2010 - 14
2011 - 33 (Probation and sanctions levied)
2012 - 10
2013 - 14
2014 -12
2015 - 27 (Last full Golden year)
2016 - 22 (Coaching Change)
2017 - 17
2018 - 8

Miami isn't relying on under the radar recruits. SFLA is the most talent filled recruiting ground in the country, of course they aren't going to get every top kid. The issue here is competence. Al Golden could land Top 10-15 classes at Miami, even with the program having limited scholarships due to sanctions. A blind man can find talent in Dade/Broward/Palm Beach. Playing a style that fits its players, or having sheer incompetence has been what the program has suffered since Butch Davis left. And now, the program went from playing a defense that doesn't match personnel to playing an offense that doesn't play to the strengths of its players.

Miami is tied for 4th most NFL players on active rosters today. Over Georgia, over Clemson, over Oklahoma, over FSU. Why? Because talent is not and will not be an issue there.

There's so many wrong parts about what you're saying that I don't even know where to start.

Miami not being willing to pay or not having facilities is factually inaccurate. Just built an IPF, play a state of the art stadium, etc.

Recruiting piece was a myth as well. Sean Taylor was a highly rated, top recruit. Ed Reed is a red herring for any recruiting situation, just like a JJ Watt at Wisky.

Since 2001, Miami has finished:
2001 - 8
2002 - 5
2003 - 4
2004 - 3
2005 - 9
2006 - 12
2007 - 13
2008 - 1
2009 - 16
2010 - 14
2011 - 33 (Probation and sanctions levied)
2012 - 10
2013 - 14
2014 -12
2015 - 27 (Last full Golden year)
2016 - 22 (Coaching Change)
2017 - 17
2018 - 8

Miami isn't relying on under the radar recruits. SFLA is the most talent filled recruiting ground in the country, of course they aren't going to get every top kid. The issue here is competence. Al Golden could land Top 10-15 classes at Miami, even with the program having limited scholarships due to sanctions. A blind man can find talent in Dade/Broward/Palm Beach. Playing a style that fits its players, or having sheer incompetence has been what the program has suffered since Butch Davis left. And now, the program went from playing a defense that doesn't match personnel to playing an offense that doesn't play to the strengths of its players.

Miami is tied for 4th most NFL players on active rosters today. Over Georgia, over Clemson, over Oklahoma, over FSU. Why? Because talent is not and will not be an issue there.

No hate, I like Miami and I'm a big fan of Mark Richt's.This is three straight coaches now, at some point isn't it the job and not the coaches? Or have Miami's ADs just botched their coaching hires three times in a row?

Back
Top Bottom