OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

ARLINGTON, Texas -- After falling to Clemson 30-3 in the College Football Playoff semifinal at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly stressed that "four big plays" were the difference and that the Irish's issues Saturday were "technical and tactical," not talent-based.

"I do not feel like there was an overwhelming difference in terms of talent," Kelly said. "If we coached better and we made plays that we have been making all year, we would have had a pretty good darn football game going into the fourth quarter."

Kelly pointed to Clemson's four big touchdown plays and the loss of All-American cornerback Julian Love during the second quarter as the reasons for Clemson's victory.

Why the hell would Holgorsen do that?

WVU might be a better job than Houston because of it being P5 and having a passionate fan base, but Houston day to day is probably an easier and much less stressful job.

Dana probably doesn't like what he has at WVU coming back next season either, and probably knows being "Transfer U" isn't sustainable.

Aint been able to watch any games but made $530 today..more than enough to pay my note for a days work. Ya enjoy the games and happy new years. Hope they eventually put me M-F so I can watch the games again.

Bama washing Clemson sorry, imma rewatch the OU V Bama game sometime later. ND is sorry and aint played no1 good all season to earn that rank lol...

Attachments

• 20181227_121148.jpg
    20181227_121148.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 11
BEEN known since the 80s and miami was giving them that work

This is equally stupid though. now you're asking the playoff committee to play gatekeeper by assessing teams rosters. There are lots of talented teams that aren't good enough to make the playoffs and there also well-coached teams without as many blue chip players that can compete.

The issue is that the playoff committee has never defined what their criteria for selecting teams is. Is it the 4 best teams? If we're going based on that then Georgia definitely should have been in over Notre Dame. Is it resume? Is it the 4 more deserving teams (whatever that means)? Whenever they have the playoff selection show I feel like the folks on the selection committee change their criteria every time they speak.

I can see the playoff committee changing their ways in the future. Since the beginning it 2014, 8 out of the 10 playoff semifinal games have been blowouts (the only two clothes games were last year's Rose Bowl and the 2014 Bama vs Ohio St game) and this year they've taken a lot of heat for setting up some bad matchups everyone saw coming.

Last edited:
featured might have been the wrong word. Carries. Why doesnt he get more through the season?

Because it's Bama. They have so many weapons in the running game and passing game that no one running back is going to get more than 8-10 carries. None of their guys get a lot of carries so that they're fresh towards the end of the season.

If you look at it, Jacob's is second on the team and carries behind Damien Harris, they just evenly distribute the load.

i really like Josh Jacobs. Why doesn't he get featured more?

Because Bama has 5 feature backs on their roster. Jacobs is the best of the bunch and the least recruited too. He wasn't given all the promises Najee was coming out of HS. Najee like Tua considered transferring after his freshman year when he didn't get all the playing time like he was told he would. I think he got the first carry of last season though?

Richt calling it a career.

And Jacobs should have had 30 carries yesterday. That 2nd half was criminal play calling... well not play calling but personnel wise

This is equally stupid though. now you're asking the playoff committee to play gatekeeper by assessing teams rosters. There are lots of talented teams that aren't good enough to make the playoffs and there also well-coached teams without as many blue chip players that can compete.

The issue is that the playoff committee has never defined what their criteria for selecting teams is. Is it the 4 best teams? If we're going based on that then Georgia definitely should have been in over Notre Dame. Is it resume? Is it the 4 more deserving teams (whatever that means)? Whenever they have the playoff selection show I feel like the folks on the selection committee change their criteria every time they speak.

I can see the playoff committee changing their ways in the future. Since the beginning it 2014, 8 out of the 10 playoff semifinal games have been blowouts (the only two clothes games were last year's Rose Bowl and the 2014 Bama vs Ohio St game) and this year they've taken a lot of heat for setting up some bad matchups everyone saw coming.

I think it's clear it's a combination of the 4 best records, the 4 most deserving, and the 4 most impressive throughout the year.

Georgia had 2 losses, lost to one of the other playoff teams and LSU by 20+. They weren't 4 most deserving, 4 best records, and honestly not one of the 4 most impressive. UGA fans need to give it up. ND, UCF, and even Ohio State were more deserving and had better records. SEC teams need to stop expecting to be rewarded just for losing to SEC teams.

Back
Top Bottom