OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Big 12 is gonna be terrible next year with all these new QBs. Ehlinger is the only experienced QB returning, Texas should run away with that conference

A lot of new faces, but Purdy and Baylor's qb will both be returning. Looking forward to Texas coming to Ames in November.

why did Fields even attend and dress for the game?

I'll never understand why Pete didn't let Marshawn run, why Pete didn't have Reggie on the field on 4th and 2, and I'll never understand why Kirby handled Fields the way he did.

why did Fields even attend and dress for the game?

I'll never understand why Pete didn't let Marshawn run, why Pete didn't have Reggie on the field on 4th and 2, and I'll never understand why Kirby handled Fields the way he did.

Do we know that Fields is better than Fromm or do we think he's better than Fromm?

Fromm has his faults but he's game managed his way to a NCG and to a top 15 offense in S&P+ last season, and a top 3 offense in S&P+ this season. It's hard to bench that guy unless he's absolutely getting outperformed in practice which there really hasn't been any rumblings of like there were at Bama and OSU last season.

It's going to be hilarious if Fields transfers to OSU and ends up sitting two years behind Tater Tot (who will probably wash Michigan both times).

He should transfer somewhere he's for sure going to play if that's the main reason he wants out of UGA. He's got better tools than Tate but Tate been there 3 seasons, and will be getting reps with the 1's in the spring unless the status of his waiver is decided by then.

Michigan essentially split up the reps among the 1's with the three QB's this spring (which obviously didn't help) because while they believed Shea would get his waiver, they weren't a 100% sure.

Every quote I read from Tate Martell re: Justin Fields makes him seem more and more shook that JF is coming there lol

I don’t understand why he keeps speaking on it. He’s always done this too. Since he was a recruit, he’s thrown shots at every threat to him starting at any school he’s looked at. I’ve never seen a player depth chart watch as much as him.

It's going to be hilarious if Fields transfers to OSU and ends up sitting two years behind Tater Tot (who will probably wash Michigan both times).

He should transfer somewhere he's for sure going to play if that's the main reason he wants out of UGA. He's got better tools than Tate but Tate been there 3 seasons, and will be getting reps with the 1's in the spring unless the status of his waiver is decided by then.

Michigan essentially split up the reps among the 1's with the three QB's this spring (which obviously didn't help) because while they believed Shea would get his waiver, they weren't a 100% sure.

Fields is an interesting prospect to me because we're still not 100% sure of how good he is. He's obviously one of the two or three most talented quarterbacks in the country but he still hasn't put it together at the college level (which is understandable because he's a true freshman).

Lots of fans gave Georgia hard time because they believe we wouldn't let Fields throw the ball but if you watch the games, you'll see that he chooses to run on just about every run-pass option and when we call traditional dropbacks, he makes one read and runs. He's definitely more confident in his legs then he is in his ability to read defenses at this stage in his career.

Regarding him transferring, Ohio state would be the great spot but no one's going to just hand him the job. I guess he's going to petition the NCAA to play immediately but if he doesn't win his appeal and has to sit out 2019, he'll be in the exact same spot he was in Georgia trying to unseat an incumbent starter at Ohio St or Oklahoma.

Do we know that Fields is better than Fromm or do we think he's better than Fromm?

Fromm has his faults but he's game managed his way to a NCG and to a top 15 offense in S&P+ last season, and a top 3 offense in S&P+ this season. It's hard to bench that guy unless he's absolutely getting outperformed in practice which there really hasn't been any rumblings of like there were at Bama and OSU last season.
yesterday was the perfect game to bring him in. Fromm was awful. Why not give Fields a chance, especially when you want to keep the kid?

MI.gif

Y'all leave @LowLifeMac and all the other Georgia fans alone. :lol::lol::lol:

Y'all are acting like we were talkin' trash before the game. y'all are trying to talk trash to people to never talked trash in the first place.

We were chill about it because we know it doesn't mean s***. It's a meaningless exhibition game. What do you get for winning a non-playoff bowl game? what does it mean? It has no baring on the upcoming season. Texas played well and won. Good for them.

Back
Top Bottom