OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

The stack (ISU, WVU, and UT) or what Bama does in their nickel?

I'm a fan of the stack against spread teams but I'd worry about it against teams like Stanford. It's why I'm bullish on Chris Klieman at KSU because that defense is basically starting to take over the Big XII. The Nickelbacks are going to have a tough time against those TE's and FB's if Klieman ever gets that thing rolling.

Essentially the same defense we ran against Texas and other schools 2 years ago when Porter went down the first time. From an article about Drake Jackson:

“As of now, Jackson will be playing off the edge, but not in a two-point stance like Porter Gustin. Jackson hinted at USC using more of the 3-3-5 defense that was utilized with senior Christian Rector in place of an injured Gustin.

Rector was used in an odd front as a down lineman instead of as a linebacker rushing off the edge. ”

Or they could focus on putting a better product on the field or playing games at a time we're the majority the country can watch them. I guess engaging social media influencers and hiring comedians is more important though

tenor.gif

DoyZ_5nWwAE3R9n.jpg

Imagine being a level headed fan and having to watch your pro team do everything in their power to cripple themselves for the foreseeable future by hiring your college teams OC as their HC, in the process also hamstringing your college team, even though it’s pretty much proven fact that said OC is a terrible HC.

Imagine being a level headed fan and having to watch your pro team do everything in their power to cripple themselves for the foreseeable future by hiring your college teams OC as their HC, in the process also hamstringing your college team, even though it’s pretty much proven fact that said OC is a terrible HC.

tenor.gif

Failing up :pimp:

How does a guy, that during his head coaching career finished 6th three times and 8th four times in the Big 12 standings, get head coaching interviews in the NFL?

How does a guy, that during his head coaching career finished 6th three times and 8th four times in the Big 12 standings, get head coaching interviews in the NFL?

I was more baffled by a 3-9 & 2-10 Gene Chizik getting the Auburn job lol. I guess he was lucky Malzhan was there for him to win the Natty. Seemed to have worked out well for the Tigers, but that was a headscratcher for me.

Sign me up, coach :nthat:

Last edited:
I was more baffled by a 3-9 & 2-10 Gene Chizik getting the Auburn job lol. I guess he was lucky Malzhan was there for him to win the Natty. Seemed to have worked out well for the Tigers, but that was a headscratcher for me.

While I was shocked when that happened, Eugene was still a name and had coached at Auburn. His lack of success could also be blamed on how bad of a program Iowa State was.

But god dammit Kliff is just so cool.

N41D N41D Why has Arjei Henderson's stock sunk so far this year?
Didn't have a great senior year and it sounds like people here think he's not going to qualify.

Frankly, I kinda never understood why people were so high on him as a high-level 4*... He's shifty, but he's not fast. He's not very big or explosive. He's progressively gotten less productive over the last couple of years...

Weird deal. He was a guy Sumlin never offered and Jimbo offered along with Wease then never really pressed for either one.

Last edited:
While I was shocked when that happened, Eugene was still a name and had coached at Auburn. His lack of success could also be blamed on how bad of a program Iowa State was.
And Auburn went into the tank 2 years after winning the title. He was just bad.

:lol: Good lord Trooper Taylor feels like a blast from the past. Aint been heard from in YEARS.

This sounds like the opening of a 30 for 30

Back
Top Bottom