OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Grandpa Bill Synder did that at KSU. Of course it went viral and he allowed the player to transfer.

A part of me wants kids to stick it out. It sets the wrong precedent when something doesn’t go your way and you ‘quit’ BUT (!!!!) and I mean but the way these coaches lie and manipulate I don’t blame a young man for exploring other options.

I have a feeling that the term ‘transfer portal’ is going to become very popular moving forward.

A part of me wants kids to stick it out. It sets the wrong precedent when something doesn’t go your way and you ‘quit’ BUT (!!!!) and I mean but the way these coaches lie and manipulate I don’t blame a young man for exploring other options.
Problem is in any other aspect of life, you're not stuck in your current situation. Coaches leave. Employees leave jobs for better situations. There are very, very few situations where you're stuck "riding out" a bad situation.

Playing college sports is effectively an internship. If your current job isn't helping you reach your ultimate job, do your thing. Coaches are ALWAYS looking out for #1. You gotta do the same.

If Buechele and both freshmen leave, they're staring at zero non-freshman scholarship QBs behind Ehlinger... Dangerous game.

That's the same situation alot of top schools are in.
With Fields transferring, Georgia has a walk-on and a true freshman behind Fromm. Now that Hurts is gone Alabama has Tua's little bro, a true freshman, behind him. With Bryant and Hunter both transferring, Clemson has an unproven true freshman behind Lawrence. With Martell transferring, Ohio State is thin at QB too with Fields and a freshman who redshirted last season, the list goes on. Very few of the top schools have good, experienced backups. Once a started is entrenched, the backups usually leave unless theres a 2 or 3 year gap. That's just how things go.

UT is after him too. Hopefully them only playing one true DT most of the time will give Michigan a bit of an advantage.

Back
Top Bottom